Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
Re: do i have to introduce the spores along the glass
    #68801 - 12/17/99 05:02 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

No you dont have to....thats just the way PF does it.....its actually better to inoculate the center of the cake.

------------------
"My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk"
-Quote from Eminem-

~PanTrop~

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: do i have to introduce the spores along the glass [Re: PanTrop]
    #68803 - 12/17/99 08:24 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

My experience is that it?s much better to innoculate along the glas. If you do so, then the water droplet will slide all the way down the glass and inoculate the substrate at many places -> you get much faster and more uniform growth.

------------------
It?s easy to do without silver and gold
or even pleasures of love
but its hard to do without mushrooms.

Marcus Valerius Martialis
Roman poet

Anonymous

#68804 - 12/17/99 11:20 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I always inoculate in the center of the cake and it always colonizes perfectly. When I do it the PF four site tek, the bottom of my jars take forever to finish and then you have to wait a couple days for the center to finish. This way the spores germinate in the center and grow out.

OfflinePsilowarrior
enthusiast
    #68805 - 12/19/99 03:42 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

One advantage to innoculating along the glass is that contamination introduced by the syringe can often be seen very quickly.

Anonymous

#68806 - 12/19/99 03:52 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

It doesn't really matter, there can be benefits to side, and center inoculation.

Basically if you want to see whats going on inoculate the sides (also the water will drip down the side inoculating all along it).

If you don't care and would prefer even growth go for the center. Or do sides and center and be k-rad elite.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate