Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Whole Brown Rice?
    #68784 - 12/17/99 01:38 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

i have been using whole grane brown rice with out any problmes, treating it just like rye grain. i cant say how it compaires to using the verm/flower mixtuer or to rye, but the myceleum dose grow on it. just cook the rice beforhand so it dose not get lumpy and hard when you sterilise.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#68786 - 12/17/99 01:41 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

i have been using whole grane brown rice with out any problmes, treating it just like rye grain. i cant say how it compaires to using the verm/flower mixtuer or to rye, but the myceleum dose grow on it. just cook the rice beforhand so it dose not get lumpy and hard when you sterilise.

Offlinen8
    #68787 - 12/17/99 03:22 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

blenders aren't really good for the task. coffee grinders work perfectly.

------------------
this time, the revolution will NOT be televised.

Anonymous

#68788 - 12/17/99 05:47 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I used brown rice, and I have had no problems. I found it better the verm/ ground rice formula, I just inncoulated 16 1/2 pints, so update me on your progress too.

------------------
Peace
Blue

OfflinePlacebo
    #68789 - 12/17/99 03:34 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Astrotripper, whole grain brown rice works great. Just cook it according to the directions on the package, then fluff it and load it into jars. You don't need to add vermiculite, just the rice by itself works fine.

Anonymous

#68790 - 12/17/99 04:52 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I added a little whole grain brown rice in addition to the regular flour/verm. the mycellium seems to have no problem growing.

Anonymous

#68791 - 12/17/99 09:44 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I justed wanted to add my recent experience with whole grain rice. I cooked up a large batch of regular white rice (wanted brown, but didn't have it) and threw in some quinoa with it. I fluffed it with a fork for a while and added a few handfuls of uncooked rice to absorb the extra moisture and make more space for air pockets. Colonization was much faster with my whole grain rice than my last batch with the PF formula. Although this time I used fresh homemade spore syringes from my Mazapatecs from Ryche. Btw, I have been reading a lot of posts saying this is the most potent cubensis strain; my experience tells me otherwise. Perhaps the batch I grew was not as potent due to the PF substrate I used, but I was not impressed. Very nice mellow spiritual feeling though.
So, it's been about 2 weeks, and most jars are 90% colonized having been kept in the original canning jar box with a couple shirts and a heating pad underneath. Next time, I'll use brown rice, and steam it in a double boiler to keep it as fluffy as possible. Good night friends.

_thorebridge_

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
    #68792 - 12/18/99 01:32 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Thorebridge-
What was your formula? What I mean is, what was the recipe that you used, water:rice ratio, vermiculite etc.
I'm very interested.

Anonymous

#68793 - 12/18/99 06:30 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Unfortunately, I honestly don't remember. I pretty much just followed the 9er technique found in the find/grow section. He used whole grain white rice also, but I threw in a few cups of quinoa since I noticed I had some and people were mentioning its use in Alien's substrate. Ratio was probably something like 3:1, but I probably would put a little bit less quinoa in. I'm sorry I don't have a specific recipe, but I like winging it and experimenting. You should read Camel's post about growing indoors.
Peace out homey. Keep it real. Check you later. Yo, I'm out. Night.

Anonymous

#68794 - 12/18/99 06:38 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

when I used to grow the PF tek, I would add a little whole brown rice to the mix as I didn't have anything to grindup the grain for the better quality flour, and it worked much better than flour alone...
Oleander

------------------
Do you answer questions, or question answers?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck