Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHHEL11
Connoisseur
Male User Gallery

Fruiting Chamber Troubles....
    #6868047 - 05/03/07 03:41 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, so I'm almost at the point where I will have to put my cased, colonized baking tin in a fruiting chamber. I have purchased a whole bunch of items to build one, but I dont want to build something that wont work as its supposed to (for one reason or another). So here goes.
I purchased a nice size storage bin (something like 2ft wide, 3 long, and maybe 25inches tall). I also purchased a HEPA replacement filter which I plan to mount on the storage bin's lid. As for gas exchange and humidity, I purchased a small "WindChaser" Ultrasonic Cool Mist humidifier (I liked it because the nozzle fits perfectly on the tubing I have) which can run for 8-10hrs without being refilled. I also bought a bunch of silicon sealent, as well as a digital power timer, and a few other things I cant think of right this second.
I also had 2 large ziplock bags of Hydroton rock that I didnt use on a previous adventure, aswell as double headed air pump, and 2 disc air bubblers. The reason I mention these items is because I was thinking of using some, if not all of them in the construction of this chamber.
In my mind, I have it built. But I would like to get others input on its design, just incase I have overlooked something. I was going to attach the humidifier hose to a position relatively low on the bin, about where the mushrooms base would be, but then I thought, maybe the tube should be attached higher so the cool mist can trickle down on the shrooms. Obviously there will be enough air exchange merely haveing the HEPA on the lid, and the humidifier hose attached in there, but I thought that its placement, might have some bearing. That takes care of the humidifier itself. But the humidity of the case itself is the real question. Should I also place the hydroton rocks in the bottom? Ive heard it would help "regulate" the humidity, even if I dont put the water and air bubblers in as well. But then again, Should I? they're just laying around here so they could easily be used. Im not sure and I dont want to do overkill.

Anyway, as for the rest, Im going to mount a small light on the underside of the lid, and put it on a 12/12 cycle.

and speaking of cycles, what is the kind of cycle I should have for the humidity. Im sure that the answer will be based off of what technique I use, but say I was just using the humidifier alone. Would I leave it on all the time, or have some kind of on/off period.

That takes care of its basic construction.

Sorry for the length of this, but this is my first grow and Im already about 2 months invested in this project. I just really want to yield some nice results.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlehMaestro
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Fruiting Chamber Troubles.... [Re: HHEL11]
    #6868207 - 05/03/07 04:18 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sorry dude, but if you can, you might want to return all of that junk. With terrariums, you don't need all that crazy equipment.

First, filtered air is completely unnecessary.

The coolmist is equally unnecessary.

The hydroton and air pump should be all you need, but even that is kind of over doing it.

Drained perlite and some holes or a cracked open lid should be all you need.

I dunno, this is just my opinion, I think when you get too much elctronic and other complicated madness its overkill for a simple terrarium. Fungus don't need all that stuff to grow well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract