Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Salvia, like nothing else! Multiple Lives - Trip Report
    #6859005 - 05/01/07 04:17 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

So i was up to my old shenanigans again and introducing someone to our favorite Oaxacan shepherdess. He wrote an amazing trip report!!! Long read but WELL worth it! A+

Any thoughts or comments would be cool! :thumbup:

I'm the "friend" in the story.

Written by Eleutherios:

Salvia, like nothing else.

I have a new favorite psychedelic.
DMT was it for me.

I have smoked Salvia before and never felt more than distortion of gravity and a little euphoria. Smoking the highest extract I could get at the head shops...never did anything for me really.
A friend of mine brought over some 10x he got from a website and..... I was not prepared.

For the purpose of communicating this experience I will call the reality you and I are in now, "Reality 1."
I hesitate to use the word "real" in this description because it implies that the rest of the realities I experienced didn't feel just as real. With every fiber of my existence and neuron of my brain I knew they were real.

I took a hit off the bong. It was very small amount of Salvia...for the first few seconds after I exhaled I thought nothing was happening. Then I felt a little body buzz and handed the bong to my friend. I looked at my arms and saw that my visual perception was a bit distorted. It kind of reminded me of the way my vision is on acid some times. High contrast of colors and distorted depth perception.

Next thing I knew I was in my house...but it wasn't my apartment that I had just been in, it was a house that was mine in another reality, "Reality 2."

So I'm in my house in Reality 2 and it feels like I've always been here. I have no memory that I just took a drug or that anything is not what it should be....and some of the physics are different then Reality 1, but it all seems perfectly natural. I am simply living my life as I have always done. I have kids, a wife, and I live my entire life in Reality 2. It wasn't too different from Reality 1. But I felt a wider spectrum of emotions some how. I can't explain it well. There were more emotions than we can feel here in Reality 1. It was simply different in some ways but in general it was the same world we live in now. I lived a fairly good life and it was nice, I had lots of friend, a nice home and family. I even liked my job. It was completely indistinguishable from this reality, Reality 1.

Then suddenly, while in Reality 2, I felt something pulling my feet and I was forcibly being pulled through dimensions...I felt the fabric of space and time slipping by me and I tried grabbing on to the folds of these different realities but I couldn't stop my self from leaving Reality 2. For a moment I was stuck between realities. During that moment I felt a little bit scared that I had no control over where I was going but mostly I was sad that I was leaving my life behind. I could feel the folds of these different realities trying to absorb me, feet first. I kept pulling my feet out, trying to stay between these folds of realities. Steadily I became more and more sad as I realized I would never return to Reality 2, my home where I had always lived and where my wife and kids were.

The fold, or membranes of reality...they were not metaphorical...it was clear as fucking day. It was as if I was in an immeasurably giant womb except a little less organic. The membranes of the womb were different realities. The membranes were slippery, infinite, slightly wet to the touch with a wet shine, and I was compressed between them, but I didn't feel like they were squishing me. The surface of the membranes/realities were PERFECTLY smooth and as white as they could possibly be. Every now and then I could see an edge of these membranes or folds of reality but then they would extend beyond my range of vision. The edges were bright red. A little like really white pages of a book whose edges have been painted red.

I felt my self being pulled legs first again. Then, just as suddenly as the first time, I arrived in Reality 3. Again I had no recollection that anything  abnormal had just happened. I was living my life in this reality as if I had always been there. I was a different age too. There were significant differences in this reality but they seemed normal at the time. I poured my self some water from a glass pitcher and the water faned out completely flat as if I was spraying it from a nozzle, and that was how it was supposed to act. Again, I live my entire life here in Reality 3 where I live in the forest in what amounts to a well built straw hut. I have some modern objects around the room, like the glass pitcher of water and a glass table. I live in a village in this forest and I have a few girl friends who have what would be unnaturally dark red hair here in Reality 1. My girl friends have other boy friends. There didn't seem to be any jealousy, rage, hatred, spite, resentment...negative emotions simply didn't exist. I had never known them. I saw different parts of the spectrum of light in Reality 3. I think that's why peoples hair color was sp drastically different. I was very happy in Reality 3. My life had been very fulfilling. There was no such thing as marriage in Reality 3. Actually there were no labels, boundaries, or taboos of any kind. No science, religion, or war either. It wasn't just that it didn't exist in that reality, it had never existed any where. I simply had no knowledge of those things. I just lived to eat, love, have sex and be happy. INCREDIBLY peaceful. I could never have imagined those feelings before. The love, peace and happiness I felt doesn't even compare to the best experience anyone could have on MDMA. There aren't words for the beauty I felt. I got the sense that I lived sort of how small Native Americans tribes must have lived. My entire world was the village and the small surrounding forest that I lived in. Nothing else existed or if it did I didn't care. Curiosity didn't exist. I can not stress enough how unthinkably peaceful and happy it was. I know that for everyone here in Reality 1...you can't imagine it unless you have actually experienced it. It is overwhelming. Words simply can not convey the emotion. There is nothing in Reality 1 to relate it to except what you might imagine heaven to be like.

Then, just as suddenly and forcibly as before I was pulled by my feet through the fabric of space and time. I was back in between the membranes of reality again. I knew this place. It seemed familiar, yet I still had no reason to believe that I had ever been there before or that the reality I had just left, Reality 3, was anything but my home. It is where I had always been, the only place I've ever known and I was now being stripped from it. The sadness came back. Except this time worse. I felt such deep sorrow that my whole body felt like it was weeping. I suddenly knew pain for the first time. The existence of negative emotions overwhelmed me... I suddenly had knowledge of it all, everything... My whole body was in pain from the intense sadness that I knew for the first time. In all seriousness, it makes me cry right now just thinking about it. It was so horribly powerful. I screamed and howled in sadness. I was there for days simply crying at the insurmountable loss of being away from the absolute bliss of my home in Reality 3. I felt that it was a horrible injustice that these emotions exist and that I was feeling them. It is so fucking unfair, even to me now, here in Reality 1. I felt like I'd been cheated.
Amidst my howls of anguish I heard someone speak and it echoesd through the fiber of me. I can't explain it very well. It didn't seem like a surprising or powerful voice but I didn't hear it with my ears, I heard it with....my existence... some how. Unfortunately I have absolutely no memory of what the voice said. It calmed me though. I still felt that sense of infinite loss, but I accepted it. I still wept, but more calmly.

My legs began to sink into the membrane of a reality behind me and this time I did not fight it. Again, I arrived suddenly in a new reality, Reality 4, with no memory of having been any where else. The details of Reality 4 escape me and I'm very glad that I can't remember it. What I do remember is hardship. My life in Reality 4 was...wrong. It was dirty, unhappy. ...More like here in Reality 1. Where suffering is common place and everyones freedoms are limited, but it was all normal. I hadn't known anything else. All knowledge of existing any where else had gone. This world was covered in technology. Flying vehicles and buildings five times taller than the tallest building here in Reality 1. But I don't think I even had a knowledge of what a smile was. Like I said, Reality 4 is a bit vague. That's really all I remember.

I was pulled through the fabric of space and time yet again. The sensation still feels vaguely familiar but I have absolutely no reason to think I've felt it before. I arrived back between the infinite membranes of realities. It still felt like I was seeing them for the first time. Still the whitest things I have ever seen. Slightly slippery and wet looking with brilliant red edges that continued to stay out of my reach. Just like before, I felt like these membranes were trying to absorb me into its reality. Though this time it was my choice. I didn't have to physically fight it I just didn't want to go, so I didn't. I realized I was not being supported by anything beneath my feet. I was just being held in place by these folds of reality that were gently holding me in place between them selves. I reach out and I could push the this white, slippery membrane and it wobbled very slowly with no sound, and a few gigantic ripples traveled away from where I pushed it. I had such a feeling of being so small. Like I was an ant between infinite folds of blankets.

I began sinking into another membrane of reality again. And just like before it was legs first and before the rest of me sunk in I was suddenly in a different reality with no knowledge that I'd never been there before. Reality 5 is hazier than Reality 4. I don't remember much. It feels more like a dream than the rest of them. My brain still thought it was real, but recalling it is like trying to recall a dream. I'm still remembering bits here and there. But just like before, I lived an entire life time there. It wasn't intensely unhappy or blissful. Just different, like Reality 2. I wish I could remember details.

Feet first I began to be pulled through all of existence back between those membranes of reality. Just as before, I felt sad leaving my world behind...still had that feeling that I could never go back.

Then I heard my girlfriend's voice. She said, "Yeah, he's a hoss!" And I felt my self again being forcibly pulled through dimensions, space, time, reality, membranes, folds...what ever you want to call it....I was traveling through all of existence and then I was back in my apartment in Reality 1. The one that I am currently sitting in, typing on the computer. I was holding the bong. My perception of up and down was slightly off. Everything seemed tilted. The physics here in Reality 1 seemed so strange to me. It was hard for me to figure out how big my couch was for a moment.

It felt as if I my mind was trying to comprehend this new place I was in. Reality 1 was the only reality I had a difficult time adjusting to. It didn't feel real but I had absolutely no memory of Realities 2, 3, 4 and 5 or the time I spent between the membranes of those realities.

Everything I've written before now... I had no memory of it at first. I still didn't realize I was high. Suddenly I wasn't on my couch I was in my kitchen in Reality 1. I looked at my friend and girlfriend. I could barely see them or comprehend their existence. Then I had a cup in my hand and I was putting it to my lips drinking water but I didn't know what water was and I couldn't feel it in my mouth or I didn't know what it was supposed to feel like. I was very confused. I slowly became more and more aware of where I was. But I had no idea why I was standing holding a cup. I went back and sat on the couch where I had been before. I remembered what I had done. I had just done a drug!

For the next half hour I became less confused and I communicated to my girlfriend and my friend and tried to relay what I was feeling and slowly what had happened came back to me as I was telling them. But even though I was staying in Reality 1...every few minutes I felt as if I had just arrived and this happened at the same time as I gained a little more awareness of my surroundings.

From their perspective:
I took the first hit off the bong, held it for several seconds, exhaled. Then I waited for a moment or two and gave the bong to my friend. I told them it was coming on very slowly. I mentioned something about my arms. After this point I remember nothing!
Then I asked for another hit off the bong. My friend loaded me bowl after bowl of Salvia, back to back. Apparently I kept asking for more. After I finished the third bowl my friend said something that expressed his surprise in how much I was taking. My girlfriend really did say, "Yeah, he's a hoss!" (Which now seems funny because I think if I had been in control of my actions I would have definitely stopped after that first bowl!) they said I demanded the fourth bowl but my voice was inhumanly deep and demonic. They said up until my voice changed I seemed perfectly normal and not affected by it at all.
After I demanded the fourth bowl in the inhumanly deep voice, I hit it and exhaled, they said I drooled a little and that all three of us laughed. I think they said I asked for a cup of water. Or maybe they just got me one and handed it to me. I drank it all. Apparently I tried to stand up three or four times but kept falling back down in my seat. Then I stood up and kind of wobbly walked to the kitchen, got my self some more water and drank it. This is the point where my awareness came back.

They told me that from the first hit till when I went into the kitchen, ten minutes hadn't even passed, yet I had just lived four life times.

I have never experienced anything like this before. I loved the experience, the bad and the good. But what I don't understand is why I've never had any experience like that while smoking Salvia before. My only guess is all the rest of the stuff I had gotten from head shops, perhaps it wasn't what they advertised it was.

I know I probably sound like a crazy hippy but please, tell me what you think of this experience.

I like to think I have a damn firm grip on reality...but this experience has ...I think it has fundamentally changed me some how. It is a little scary. Like I said, I love the experience but I'm not sure I like how it has changed the way I think.

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

Edited by SDP (05/02/07 02:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia, like nothing else! Multiple Lives - Trip Report [Re: SDP]
    #6859187 - 05/01/07 05:12 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

after about 20 seconds I notice color change to more resonant
(layered vision like slide film overlapped)
then after another 20 seconds everything stacks up as multiples, kaleidoscopically, and usually then I close my eyes.
stretching apart is the next expression I usually experience of layered reality, not just vision.
red and white usually characterize this transition where
among the repeated fragments or motifs a new landscape usually forms which seems palpably real to my layered and smeared senses.
five minutes later I am inspired with the passage of many layered thoughts, having visited familiar but strange places I have always been in.

it sounds like you did this a few times in your quarter hour.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Salvia, like nothing else! Multiple Lives - Trip Report [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6859390 - 05/01/07 06:10 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

So I'm in my house in Reality 2 and it feels like I've always been here.

i love that feeling of coming back to this place, like you left it a really long time ago and you're finally "home". nice report.:thumbup:

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Salvia, like nothing else! Multiple Lives - Trip Report [Re: maggotz]
    #6859515 - 05/01/07 06:45 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

yes that feeling is very interesting. Ive never been to more than different 1 life per trip. The time distortion is the wildest part of all. Living for months only to realize a couple seconds have gone by.

--------------------

Offlinechojin
Stranger
Re: Salvia, like nothing else! Multiple Lives - Trip Report [Re: DeathCompany]
    #6859648 - 05/01/07 07:12 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Your friend might find this of some value when thinking about his "trip". A "trip" like that could teach you that the experiences of others are just as real as your own, and that you should try to realize that when you're talking to another human being you're talking to somebody with histories and experiences just as diverse, colored, and genuine as your own.

OfflineEleutherios
Liberator
Male

#6861951 - 05/02/07 07:52 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Hi, I am the individual who wrote the above trip report.
I wanted to say, thanks for the comments and what'not.
It was an experience I will never forget, that is certain.
It is still effecting me. It has been three days and I'm still on edge. Like, at any moment I could be pulled into another reality. It is unsettling. But it is slowly going away.
Anyway, thanks again to SDP for giving me that experience.

--------------------
"A conclusion is just a place where you got tired of thinking."

OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
    #6861969 - 05/02/07 08:13 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Next thing I knew I was in my house...but it wasn't my apartment that I had just been in, it was a house that was mine in another reality, "Reality 2."

So I'm in my house in Reality 2 and it feels like I've always been here. I have no memory that I just took a drug or that anything is not what it should be....and some of the physics are different then Reality 1, but it all seems perfectly natural. I am simply living my life as I have always done. I have kids, a wife, and I live my entire life in Reality 2. It wasn't too different from Reality 1.

This is very fascinating. This is how all my salvia trips have been. In the beginning I would take Salvia and not notice anything different, and then I realized that something was completely different but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

I suddenly realized that after I smoke salvia, I am put into a different reality, but the transition is so subtle, but sudden, that I just didn't notice it.

I would smoke, get put into this new reality and it would feel so natural, that when I came back to being sober I'd just believe that "nothing happened." In reality, nothing happened.. in "reality 2".. but what did happen was me going from "this reality" to "reality 2."

Another interesting thing was that on shroomahuasca, I would get transported back into these realities for long periods of time, whereas with salvia smoked, I'd only be there for a very short duration.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom