Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineheadieherbs
originalgangster (oflove)
 User Gallery

Loc: around the bend
my first WBS grow... updates will follow
    #6852266 - 04/30/07 01:52 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Ok so I decided to try some WBS. I got a a deal on spores and got 6 syringes and a strain of the month for free.70 CC's worth of strains!!! Time to try some LC's as well I do believe! :grin:

I got:
Brazilian
Cambodian
Keeper's Creeper
F+
South African Transki
South American
and Texas

I ordered 10 lbs of pasteurized horse/straw mix as well. I also bought 10 lbs of MorningSong Wild Bird Food or something, it's 25% sunflower seeds. I need more already. I will also be using spawn bags instead of jars this time around.

While on the topic of sunflower seeds, what do you guys do with them? Leave them or strain them, I've read things saying each is better so I don't know.  I soaked 2 batches of WBS and I left (most) of the sunflower seeds in one and took most of them out of the other batch.  We'll see I guess.

My soaking process was as follows:
1st batch - soaked for 26 hours, rinsed briefly under hot water, strained til dry, loaded in bags and PC'd at 12 PSI for 2 hours.

2nd batch - soaked for 13-14 hours, rinsed briefly under hot water, strained til dry, loaded in bags and PC'd at 12 PSI for 2.5 hours.

I also prepared one pint jar full of WBS with a verm layer at the top. PC'd with second batch.

I inoculated the first 2 bag, 1 QT each batch with Brazilian, as I heard it's fast. The second batch consisted of two bags of 1 QT of Cambodian and one 1 QT bag and 1 pint jar of African Transki. The bags and jar are being kept in a TiT at 80-81 degrees.

As soon as I get more birdseed, probably tomorrow, I will prepare more bags. I'm running out of space in my incubator though. How long do you think 1 QT of WBS in a spawn bag should take to colonize??? I looked briefly today and hadn't noticed any growth in the jar yet.

As soon as these bags are done, I'm gonna spawn about 1 quart to 2.5 lb's of poo in some tubs with polyfil and all that jazz. :thumbup:

I'll post pictures as soon as I have something worth posting. Hopefully it won't be that long.

I would love to get some feedback on my WBS preperation techniques and on spawn bags in general. 

peace and :heart:!

headieherbs

--------------------
please don't take away my highway shoes..

Write In Your Vote.com - US Politics. For the People, by the People.

Everything posted by the user(s) Headieherbs is either an outright lie or a work of complete fiction

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineheadieherbs
 User Gallery

Re: my first WBS grow... updates will follow [Re: headieherbs]
    #6856454 - 05/01/07 12:55 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Day two and no replies or visible growth in my bags or jar yet :sad:

How long til I see some myc in this WBS stuff? I used around 2-3 CC's for each 1 QT bag. Incubating at 80-81.

thanks

--------------------

Everything posted by the user(s) Headieherbs is either an outright lie or a work of complete fiction

Offlinekyleda1kid
Student (here tolearn)
Male

#6856473 - 05/01/07 01:03 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

3,4,5+ days, PATIENCE IS A KEY. Just relax. if 2 weeks comes up and you don't see anything then ask ?'s.

OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
    #6856925 - 05/01/07 04:29 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Should take 2-3 days, maybe less at 80F but I wouldn't advise incubating at this temp because you're only increasing the colonization speed by 1-2 days, but you're greatly increasing your risk of contamination.

Sunflower seeds are generally left in the mix with no problems. They float to the top, so if you see a lot, just scoop some out. If for any reason, then just so you can get more millet/milo grain to fit into the jar.. but usually even a lot won't cause much of a problem. Having a little in (1-2%? not sure of the #) is beneficial because they provide.

OfflineSmellyMushroom
Top Hat Mushroom

Re: my first WBS grow... updates will follow [Re: Quake3]
    #6856953 - 05/01/07 04:55 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

It took 6 days before I noticed any growth in my WBS, 2 days using Liquid Culture. It spreads rather quickly with an LC...

--------------------

Offlineheadieherbs
 User Gallery

Re: my first WBS grow... updates will follow [Re: SmellyMushroom]
    #6861231 - 05/02/07 12:22 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

cool, thanks for the input everyone.

Quake3:
what do you mean about increasingmy risk on contams by incubating at 80F?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract