Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineshaganoz
researcher

Loc: Some cold place
Out of Body related matter: Sleep paralysis
    #685575 - 06/18/02 07:46 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

This is an article about sleep paralysis and hypnogic state etc.
http://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P2.html

In my experience, this sleep paralysis is a state you may find yourself in when you just had an OBE, or are about to have one. It may be because your "soul" or whatever is not properly syncronised/back into the body. This state is a perfect state to have OBEs from. So if you sometime wake up and cant move like described in the article, dont panic, its not dangerous, instead try to think about floating up into the air, or feel like drifting on ocean waves. That will "loosen" you more from your body so you can get out.

About the hallucinations:
Sometimes you are in a state where you are kind of awake/dreaming at same time, and you easily mistake things. But this is most often the case when you are in the body, in the paralysis state, and once you get out it all becomes clear.

As an example of hallucination you might get:
If you find yourself in the paralysis state and have vision (eyes open, or "looking through the eyelids") and see something in you room in the corner of your vision field, it might appear to be something else. Like personal, I once thought my chair next to my bed was a person, but as I got out of body I immediatly recognized it as the chair. And the hallucinations are not "solid" hallucinations, because usually you are not able to be sure what you see, only imagination running wild at the state of paralysis. Its nice to be aware of this fact.

And when you are out of body the first times, dont stay out too long or you might start falling into a deep sleep and start dreaming and then you forget all or most of the OBE once you wake up. Quite irritating.

--------------------
-Everything I write is fictional entertainment and should not be taken seriously-
-To email me, remove NOSPAM from my email adress or else I won't get it-

Edited by shaganoz (06/18/02 09:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshaganoz
researcher

Re: Out of Body related matter: Sleep paralysis [Re: shaganoz]
    #685844 - 06/18/02 09:44 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Also, if you have one of these sleep paralysises and want it to quit, just concentrate on one of your fingers or your toe and try to move it. Once you are able to move it, or any other body part, you'll get "back" and can get out of bed.
But you dont have to ruin the sleep paralysis state. Its better just relaxing waiting for it to go away by itself or use it to induce an OBE.

I found from personal experience, that if you have this paralysis, and get out of it, but instead of moving around in bed or getting out, you just lay down still it will easily come back and/or induce an OBE by itself.

If you had an OBE from this state, and get back, and dont want to get out of bed, you should at least sit up in bed and stretch your body then lay back down, or else its easy to go back into an OBE as you are in the almost right state allready.

--------------------
-Everything I write is fictional entertainment and should not be taken seriously-

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #685896 - 06/18/02 10:02 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

...and then you forget all or most of the OBE once you wake up. Quite irritating.
It is hard to be irritated about something that you don't remember. Each morning that I wake up, I cannot be sure if I didn't have an OBE or merely forgot about it, but that bit of meaninglessness does not put me in a foul mood.

Irritation and apathy are not states that a spiritually advanced person (as OBEers frequently claim) spends much time indulging in.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlineshaganoz
researcher

Re: Out of Body related matter: Sleep paralysis [Re: Swami]
    #685921 - 06/18/02 10:09 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I am irritated by the OBEs I only remember vague parts of. And also those I dont remember at all. Sometimes I get the memories of them several days later.
You sod

But its methods for remembering them to:

Once you wake in the morning, or day or whenever you usually wake, lay still in bed without moving, let the mind wander, and any images coming up observe, and if you remember parts of an experience, try to feel what you felt, and what happend next or before of the part you remember. Write it down and read it and some more memories might come. Later at day, or days later, you might remember even more.

Though the best thing to do, is right before going back into your body, thinking or saying out loud "I will remember this!"

The trick is to remember to say that you want to remember

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Out of Body related matter: Sleep paralysis [Re: Swami]
    #685938 - 06/18/02 10:18 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Today I became irritated because I could not remember all of a dream I had. It's not that hard.

--------------------

Offlineshaganoz
researcher

Re: Out of Body related matter: Sleep paralysis [Re: Revelation]
    #685947 - 06/18/02 10:22 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Exactly
Of course one can get irritated by not remember whole of such a beautiful experience as astral traveling/OBE or as in your case a dream. I love dreams too. But dreams and OBEs are not the same, as in OBE we are aware, though I would say Lucid Dreams are the same as OBE, but in some other kind of dimension thats more easily affected by ones thoughts, fears, longings, beliefs etc.

--------------------

Anonymous

#686379 - 06/18/02 02:23 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I often wonder why I have not had more OOBEs, as I lucid dream quite frequently, and I also consider the two related. Perhaps it is because I don't try to project

I do remember though, as a child, I often found myself floating above my body while laying in bed. Whether or not they were a spontaneous OOBE, I do not know, but the memories are quite vivid, and I remember after "waking up" back in my body, I would look around the room and everything was kind of distorted, lots of sharp shapes and black stuff everywhere.. I don't know.. kind of hard to explain.

Offlineshaganoz
researcher

Re: Out of Body related matter: Sleep paralysis [Re: ]
    #687247 - 06/19/02 01:01 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I know what you mean.

When you have a lucid dream you are in perfect condition of having an OBE. Just do it from the dream, say you want to project out of your body and dream and into your room or wherever you want to go. I have done that with success some times myself.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder