Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemaggotz

i finally decided to grow my own shrooms
    #6857434 - 05/01/07 09:21 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

for a couple of days i've been reading up on the PF tek. it sounds pretty simple and straightforward but growing mushrooms still sounds a lot more complicated than growing weed(i grow outdoors so i don't have to take too much care of my babies). i've going through some threads and it seems that everyon hates growing kits and my question is: why? do they not work or what? i just want a simple and foolproof way of growing some cubes. should i fo with the pf tek or are there kits that are worth it or is there any better/simpler tek i could use? help and guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: i finally decided to grow my own shrooms [Re: maggotz]
    #6857446 - 05/01/07 09:24 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Grow kits are a waste of money and time.

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlinefargone
my eyebrows grewback!!

Loc: over there
    #6857465 - 05/01/07 09:29 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

the pf-tek is the most "fool proof" so to speak, as far as kits I don't have any experience with them, but I do know the vets and most other growers who do cakes say to get your own supplies..it's cheaper and much more involved so you actually learn something from it - a stepping stone to larger grows if you decide to.

It can be a bit tricky to find everything you need if you live in a small town(i do) but if make a few calls and go to walmart, lowes and such you'll find most everything you'll need.

i've got a pf-cake going right now with easily 50 pinheads on it..now I'm sure im going to get my fair share of aborts due to there being a "lack of water" for them all even tho i dunked for 24 hours..so they can be quite lucrative.

have fun with this hobby i know i have..learn learn learn weee

Offlinesoda5187
Hamburger

Re: i finally decided to grow my own shrooms [Re: Brainiac]
    #6857467 - 05/01/07 09:30 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

you can get just as good / better results from the teks on this site for less money.

InvisibleGreen420Thang
FriendlyStranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: This Island Earth, Behind the ...
    #6857469 - 05/01/07 09:30 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

People hate kits because its a rediculous amount of money for some jars, substrate and rubbermaid bins. If you are rich and do not like to do it yourself, however, a kit may be just the thing for you.

Do you have a pressure cooker? If so I strongly reccomend you try grains. Use WildBirdSeed, its hella ez.
You may fail the first few times, but once u succeed the feeling is great.

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: i finally decided to grow my own shrooms [Re: Green420Thang]
    #6857513 - 05/01/07 09:42 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the quick responses.
and yeah, i thought kis were a bit pricey but i'm sure that if i had the money my lazy ass would go with them.:blush:
i don't really want to spend tons of money on this project, at least not at first. i want to go small first and if that works out i might go bigger.
about the spores, i want to get a spore syringe. i don't want to have to deal with making my own out of a print, at least not just yet. anybody wanna pm with some ideas of where i can get good spore syringes? or just post it here if its allowed. sorry i haven't read the rules. :tongue:

Quote:

Do you have a pressure cooker? If so I strongly reccomend you try grains. Use WildBirdSeed, its hella ez.

you mean i may fail the first few times with the pf or with the grains?

Offlinefargone
my eyebrows grewback!!

#6857545 - 05/01/07 09:52 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

the vendors here are top notch so check them out http://www.shroomery.org/8689/Mycology

Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

#6857549 - 05/01/07 09:53 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

You can do the pf tek just fine without a pressure cooker. People tend to hate kits because they take most of the learning out of the experience and they're expensive for stuff you can get locally usually for less than half the price. I have a hard time with kits because if something goes wrong you have no idea why it happened and what you could've done to prevent it or handle the situation as is. The Pf tek is very straight forward and there's so many different threads answering every possible question you could have about it. If you get a kit you're going to have to explain exactly what the kit is and every step you took with the kit which is a pain in the ass. At the top of this screen you'll see a banner ad and at the bottom of the add is a thin strip that says "Please support our sponsors". Click that strip to see a list of good shroomery sponsors most of which sell syringes. Ralphstersspores.com is my recommendation. Sporeworks is also a great place for your spore needs.

--------------------
“Let’s put it this way – to lump psychedelic mushrooms into the same group as methamphetamine is like lumping the Bible into the same group as Mein Kampf.
I mean shit; they’re both books, right?”

Joe Rogan

R.I.P. - "Bones" - One of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know and become friends with.

OfflineBurntByTheSun13
The Reverend
Male

Loc: In the depths of my own m...
Re: i finally decided to grow my own shrooms [Re: cookeman]
    #6857586 - 05/01/07 10:05 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

From a fellow canna grower........Gettin started growing shrooms is wayyyyyyyyy easier than getting started with cannabis. U will have some very nice potent product right away with mush. if ya do it right and just read all the info ya can b4 getting started. It usually takes a few grows with mj to get it honed in to as high of quality. Be well

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority

The awakening comes in blur of light. Never leaving the veil of night. Enlightened now i feel alive. Finally my mind can grow and strive

Invisiblemaggotz

#6857598 - 05/01/07 10:09 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

thanks again.
now, which strain would you guys recommend for a newbie?

Offlinefargone
my eyebrows grewback!!

#6857603 - 05/01/07 10:11 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

hit up the strain thread at the top of the threads thats what i did

i ended up going with PF-classic, Huatla and Redspore for my first attempts

OfflineBurntByTheSun13
The Reverend
Male

Loc: In the depths of my own m...
    #6857605 - 05/01/07 10:13 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Treasure Coast!! Super fast, easy colonizer with a great euphoric and visual effect. B+ is good and easy and so is PF classic, although its a lil slower of a grower. Be well

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority

The awakening comes in blur of light. Never leaving the veil of night. Enlightened now i feel alive. Finally my mind can grow and strive

Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

#6857607 - 05/01/07 10:13 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

There's a strain thread at the top of the cultivation forum. It's really unnecessary though because things can vary so much between individual spores. Until you learn strain isolation just go with whatever strain sounds best. Cubensis and panaleous vary on their growing methods slightly. Cubensis is a bit easier to grow but is less potent. Chances are if you've gotten shrooms that weren't picked from a field they were cubes. I say go with South american. A lot of people seem to like that.

--------------------
“Let’s put it this way – to lump psychedelic mushrooms into the same group as methamphetamine is like lumping the Bible into the same group as Mein Kampf.
I mean shit; they’re both books, right?”

Joe Rogan

R.I.P. - "Bones" - One of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know and become friends with.

InvisibleGreen420Thang
FriendlyStranger
Male User Gallery

#6857628 - 05/01/07 10:17 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

maggotz said:
about the spores, i want to get a spore syringe. i don't want to have to deal with making my own out of a print, at least not just yet. anybody wanna pm with some ideas of where i can get good spore syringes?

Quote:

you mean i may fail the first few times with the pf or with the grains?

Personally I recommend Ralphster's for a syringe. You get a free syringe of the month with your order (you have to mark it down tho!). So basically you can get 2 for 1! Don't worry about strain, just browse through and choose one you like.

I mean you may fail in general. When I tried the pf tek once upon a time, I failed the first two times and the third time 4/12 jars made it, enough for me to spawn to coir and produce. Never got anything with popcorn the few times I tried. But then again it may go off without a hitch (as my wbs did)[just personal experience, not saying PF will fail more than anything else, take it with a grain of salt]

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

#6857630 - 05/01/07 10:17 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

All cubes are the same :rolleyes:

--------------------

Invisiblemaggotz

#6857708 - 05/01/07 10:39 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

suppose i am flawless at growing mushrooms and i inoculate 10 jars with 1cc each. all 10 cakes are well and healthy, how much would the maximum yield be? the ecuador strain by the way.

InvisibleGreen420Thang
FriendlyStranger
Male User Gallery

#6857723 - 05/01/07 10:47 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Can't help you with yeild estimation, not sure if anyone can really. But I also forgot to mention, look into making LC (Liquid Culture). That way a few CC of a spore syringe can be used to inoculate as many jars as you want with live mycellium.

Invisiblemaggotz

#6857745 - 05/01/07 10:55 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, i thought it would be tough to estimate yield. but from personal experience what would a "normal" yield be? i'll look into the LC too.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

#6857766 - 05/01/07 11:00 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

There to many thingies that can go wrung. Just be happy you get any mushrooms.

--------------------

Invisiblemaggotz

#6857798 - 05/01/07 11:05 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i just keep getting the feeling that i'll end up fucking it up somehow. it sounds way too complicated compared to growing weed.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules