Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemixpix
C'est dommage!
Female

to trip or not to trip?
    #685507 - 06/18/02 09:18 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I have done mushrooms in the past and have had great experiances with them, and have since gone through a major depression and 2 relapses, now having a clean bill of health.
I was just wondering if it was possible to have a sudden relapse cause by the shrooms, the kind that stays after the effects wear off? I am happy with life now but dont want to end up in negative thought loops simply by remembering the depression during the trip. shoul i be starting with low dose and moving up? is this a bad idea?

--------------------
and when you try to toy with nature
youll be falling with the leaves

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: to trip or not to trip? [Re: mixpix]
    #685717 - 06/18/02 11:10 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm if you are worried about it would really consider not doing it.

Did the musrhooms trigger depressed thoughts in the past. Or did the depression come from other stuff. Ive never suffered from depression, but shrooms have put some terrible mind loops in my brain that are quite hard to shake off on a high dose. If you think you are up to it, take a low dose.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

#686129 - 06/18/02 01:41 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

If your having to ask this question then I believe your still not ready. The psychedelic experience can be both helpful and harmful depending on the mindset of the individual. You have doubts, this is good, it means you can exercise necessary caution but I feel you should wait untill there is no doubt in your mind. On that day you will have overcome your deppression and it will seem so distant that you could even believe it happend to someone else and not you. On that day the psychedelic experience will not appear to be an obstacle too difficult to traverse but as a fresh challenge , a challenge you are prepared to face in all honesty.

Psychedelics can be very unforgiving toward the unprepaired or the doubtful, the last thing you need is to flung back into deppression (which could easily happen even on low doses).
I returned to psychedelics last year (pretty much when I joined shroomery) after a five year break, I benifited greatly from this break.
Give it time, you can pm me if you want.

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

Invisiblevkk_
DNA Timebomb

Loc: Planet Erf, Yo.
Re: to trip or not to trip? [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #686593 - 06/18/02 06:41 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I have major depression but I have great trips. Go figure.
Be careful.

--------------------
I remember, the first time, I... smoked DMT.

OfflineTomInWonderland
Returned fromcaptivity
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #686940 - 06/18/02 09:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I think if you even have doubts about it and eat them anyway your subconcious will kick in and you might have a bad trip. But If you are strong in mind then you might be able to control your trip. I really don't know I have been through a major depression, but as soon as my shrooms are done I plan on having a fun night. I went through dep. last years and haven't done shrooms in about 2 years. So I know I have a strong head and a soon as my spores get in it'll be on.

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #687515 - 06/19/02 07:17 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I have been a depressed person most of the time for most of my life. I try not to let it get to me which is why I've never had a breakdown. Music makes me joyous and happy. I trip 3-4 times a year and listen to my fav's through headphones in the dark. These are the happiest 20 hours in the year! I get SO totally OVERJOYED that I yell out to my tripping buddies between songs "I'M HAVING SUCH a GREAT TIME!!!" or "I AM SO OVERJOYED!!"

It's simply MARVELOUS!! Do it! (IMHO)

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

Offlinemixpix
C'est dommage!
Female

Re: to trip or not to trip? [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #687541 - 06/19/02 07:31 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the tips everybody. I think I will see where i stand in a few months in terms of doubt, maybe I'll feel more confiedent about it then. If not I guess I'll just keep going on my break.

--------------------
and when you try to toy with nature
youll be falling with the leaves

Offlinemonkeylove
Stranger
    #687579 - 06/19/02 07:57 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

If you don't think you are ready, don't do it. It's really up to you. Personally, though, I have found shrooms to be immensely helpful towards treating my depression. Depression is caused by distorted, irrational thinking. Shrooms help to clear my mind up and see things for what they really are, i.e. my reality is only an interpretation of certain factors, which are all relative to one another. This is my definition of attitude. By changing my attitude, I can change my reality. By saying, "I am a loser, I will go nowhere in life," I am making a broad assumption. What evidence is behind that statement? What is the definition of a loser? One who loses? Everyone loses sometimes, don't they? How many times must one lose for them to earn that title? I create my measure of self-worth in my own mind. I can be unnecessarily hard on myself, or I can think more realistically. Shrooms have helped me immensely in doing that. That's just me, though.

--------------------
"Fireflies bring the stars down to us" -Jonathan Greene
"Gravity is a myth- the world sucks" -Chad M. Horn

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience