Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHeyZeus
Distant Grundle

Loc: California
From Syringe to Print Using Rye??? Tyvek??
    #6852101 - 04/30/07 12:49 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Does anybody know where to obtain the product described in the following article posted here http://www.shroomery.org/8432/From-syringe-to-print-using-rye . It is called Tyvek and allows exchange of air without bacteria and water. I checked at home depot and online and I am having trouble finding it...The two people I asked at home depot never heard of it... Also, is one side adhesive? It looks like the person who used the jars had it stick right onto the top of the jars...Please help...

--------------------
In every bucket, there is atleast one bad apple.  I'm the one without noticable differences.

Effort rewards what cannot be obtained otherwise.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
Re: From Syringe to Print Using Rye??? Tyvek?? [Re: HeyZeus]
    #6852225 - 04/30/07 01:29 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

tyvek is a waterproof breathable home wrap that is also used for envelopes. It's not adhesive, when heated by he pressure cooker it hardens into the shape it's in.

InvisibleSnypa187
Bitch, I live ina fuckin' trashcan!!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the Vag.
Re: From Syringe to Print Using Rye??? Tyvek?? [Re: thenewguy05]
    #6852759 - 04/30/07 07:33 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Also, just to clear thing up before you go into the wrong direction:

When making jar lids using tyvek, there are a couple ways to do it.

1st, drill a couple of small holes in the metal discs that come with the jars. (these will be used later to allow the needle to enter the jar)

After you fill your jar with substrate/spawn, place a 6"x6" square of tyvek on top of the jar. Next put the metal disc on top of the tyvek, and screw on the metal ring.

Some people people like to put the tyvek over the metal disc but thats just preference.

If you have anymore questions regarding this topic, use the search function at the top of the page as this has been covered many times.

~Jon~:borat:

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: From Syringe to Print Using Rye??? Tyvek?? [Re: Snypa187]
    #6853111 - 04/30/07 09:30 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Home wrap is the wrong form of tyvek to use for jar filters.

Don't ask the employees at Lowes or home depot. They don't know. Go to the paint department and look at the coveralls. Chances are, they'll say tyvek on the label. Another source is tyvek wrist sleeves. Both are available online by searching for 'tyvek coveralls' or 'tyvek wrist sleeves'.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: From Syringe to Print Using Rye??? Tyvek?? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6853151 - 04/30/07 09:43 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

RR, I dont mean to undermind you or anything, but I have use tyvek homewrap many times and it works perfectly. I got a free role of a job site my friend was working on.

What makes you think that tyvek home wrap is the wrong kind?

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags