Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: taking spores from dried caps...
    #68485 - 12/14/99 08:46 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

youre only hope is with agar.
most certainly you will need to transfer
more than once to fresh plates.

If they are cubensis you could take it from there.

Try scraping just little bits from the bottom of the cap onto agar. On multiple locations on your plates.

Something should germinate most definately amongst contams. If you are lucky VERY lucky
you'll get a few germination spots that are not touching contams. move these onto fresh agar etc...

I'm pulling this out of you know were but it is the most logical procedure I can think of for you to propagate.

Good luck,
post any results.

greco

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#68487 - 12/15/99 02:50 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks El Greco.

I think I'm going to get some agar from Shroom God. This site makes things like that so easy for everyone. Thanks to all who contribute. This place is amazing. Any more advice on this topic would be helpful also, especially since I've never worked with agar.

-thore

Anonymous

#68488 - 12/15/99 07:27 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Technically all the spores should have been dropped by the time the shroom cap dried. But it seems that there should be some left behind. The cap however is probably contaminated and therefore the spores you collect could be contaminated. So consider using an antibiotic agar and plan to rush the mycelium through several dishes. I would love to hear of your results. I've been working with agar for over 20 years and have never tried to get spores from a dried shroom. The literature tells you to not waste your time...but sounds like a good project. Good Luck.

------------------
Peace, Love & Light

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#68489 - 12/16/99 12:12 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk (06/05/17 05:26 PM)

Anonymous

#68490 - 12/16/99 06:15 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

one time.. some time ago i use a dried cap of pan cyanescens from amsterdam to take spores... it was difficult ....my results were bad i only grew a little mycecelium that was contaminated with bacteria... i use antibiotics too -gentamicyne- but.. aparently didnt work... so at the end i only can grew one mushie from that dried cap....then all was contaminated by bacteria... thats funny!!! one for one.... but i could collect new spores from that mushie

Nacho

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract