Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Loc: R'lyeh
Casing ROCKS! And some ?'s...
    #683186 - 06/17/02 04:47 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hiya. How much damage will a drop in temperature do to my cakes and the growing shrooms? Overnight a cold front came in and the grow chamber temp dropped to 70 degrees. Comments?

Also, I have tried creating a casing and it is going GREAT! I am a first timer - this is my first batch ever and the casing was SO easy! I am using Bed-A-Beast coco coir (from the pet store) for the casing top-coat and the mycelia is spreading nicely. Also, one block of that Bed-A-Beast stuff is a HUGE amount of material. I only used a quarter of the block and that was way too much for my needs. I think the next batch will be entirely cased, since it appears to work so v. well.

Has anyone noticed this - if an item is good for tropical reptiles, it's also good for shrooms?

Finally, I generated my first spore print last night - I let the spores drop into a sealed jar because I want to make innoculant at the same time as per MMGG. The print looks beautiful, about an inch and a half across and dark purple - breathtaking! My question is this: when is the cap done dropping its spores? It has been in the jar for 12 hours now. Should I take it out soon?

the Landotter

--------------------
Read the Landotter's Mystical Journey Journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: Casing ROCKS! And some ?'s... [Re: the_Landotter]
    #683207 - 06/17/02 05:00 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I may be wrong but isn't 70 degrees during fruiting optimal?

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: Casing ROCKS! And some ?'s... [Re: Fd3000]
    #683500 - 06/17/02 08:35 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I thought 75+ degrees was optimal ... hmm. Well, I guess 70+ ain't so bad either. One things for sure - they're growing! And that's good.

Any thoughts on my other question: how long does the cap need to drop spores? It's been in there for nearly a day now - should I take it out?

peace

the Landotter

--------------------
Read the Landotter's Mystical Journey Journal

Anonymous

#683578 - 06/17/02 09:19 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

i read about making spore prints in the faq, and it said that 12 hours is plenty, so if your cap has been there more than 12 hours, it should be done

Offlinefrank_grimes
Warrior of Corporate Bullshit
 User Gallery

Loc: Springfield, USA
    #683580 - 06/17/02 09:19 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

My dog's bitch says that she lets her cap drop spores for 48 hours. Hope this helps.

-Grimey

OfflineBoethius
journeyman
    #683635 - 06/17/02 09:54 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I've let the temperature drop to 68 and it's fine.
Don't worry.

--------------------
"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."
James Joyce

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale