Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAnarchoTrip
Young Blood
Male User Gallery

What "Breakthrough?"
    #6836130 - 04/26/07 09:27 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

What is the salvia "breakthrough?"

I've tried Salvia twice, and I've never experienced anything like a "breakthrough." Both times were just confusing, enjoyable, but confusing. Can someone please try to help me understand this "breakthrough" theory/effect. Maybe I'm just doing a high enough dose?

--------------------
YIPPIE!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: What "Breakthrough?" [Re: AnarchoTrip]
    #6836148 - 04/26/07 09:34 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinejohnuk
Strangerlove
Re: What "Breakthrough?" [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6836427 - 04/26/07 10:59 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Think you might just need to use more. I've used one deep inhale of 15x that I held a lighter over.

I had to get two lots of it before I got one that actually worked (from an online head store). Some of the eBay extracts are obviously just there to rip you.

If I'm with people and getting bothered, the trip is mainly just visuals, cell like repeating patterns. The first time I tripped with salvia I did it alone with 15x. I remember the room turning photo glossy. The photo tore along the ceiling in a razor thin line around a cylinder shape. As it revolved, part in and part out of the ceiling, it replaced the photo with blackness.

I could feel a force pushing me towards the wall beside me, like a current. I held onto my bed but found myself in a warehouse room on the opposite side of the wall. The room was filled with dancing orange cylinders that were moving to the music I was listening to, which was now being played over loudspeakers in the warehouse with lots of reverb... I couldn't really see the walls of the warehouse. The dancing cylinders, that looked like orange skittles, where moving me towards a door in the warehouse and I was trying to resist getting pulled with them.

Then I was looking at the warehouse, my ceiling (from my bed), and my bedroom from some external point over them in empty black space. Nothing surrounded the views, just blackness. The walls looked 2D, like in a CAD program. Then I felt like I drifted back down from that high viewpoint through my open ceiling and onto my bed, where I started to wake up.

Don't remember blinking. :grin:

Invisiblemaggotz

#6837114 - 04/26/07 02:17 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
this was a breakthrough.

that is definitely a breaktrough. lol. i loved that suff man. what do you make of that experience now?

Quote:

Then I got their side of the story: I had leaned back after the laughing, and my eyes had rolled back into my head, at which point I gripped the armrests of my chair and started babbling a lot while rocking the chair violently back and forth, murmuring about how to get from A to B.

i have had experiences just as intense as that but my friends tell me all i do is sit there quietly and once i ended up hugging my dog for the duration of the trip.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What "Breakthrough?" [Re: maggotz]
    #6837128 - 04/26/07 02:21 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

non-breakthrough - Hmm, I feel strange; this is nice. This is a fun body buzz.

breathrough - Who am I? What is an "I?" There is no such thing as reality. Who is this beautiful woman that is telling me the universe's secrets?

Often, with a breakthrough, you will not realize you smoked anything until AFTER you come down.

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: What "Breakthrough?" [Re: myndreach]
    #6837139 - 04/26/07 02:25 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Often, with a breakthrough, you will not realize you smoked anything until AFTER you come down.

so very true.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What "Breakthrough?" [Re: maggotz]
    #6837422 - 04/26/07 03:29 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

what do you call it when all vision turns into an alex grey painting but you know what is happenning?
maybe it's a village or panorama that is not "real"

(that's a question, not an answer BTW.)

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineAnarchoTrip
Young Blood
Male User Gallery

Re: What "Breakthrough?" [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6837445 - 04/26/07 03:35 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the feedback. I think I also need to try a higher/more dose. My experiences are really weird. As you said, I didn't realize I had smoked saliva until after I had come down. My experiences were also not just a really big high.. I've often found myself in this black/purple/blue/red voidness.... and then other things happen but they're all too vivid. I assume I'll know a "breakthrough" when it happens... in both of my experiences, however, I've just never felt a simple body high, nor a "breakthrough." Just a confusing mess of voidness and randomness. Rather frustrating.

--------------------
YIPPIE!

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
    #6837637 - 04/26/07 04:27 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

maybe a mess of voidness is what its supposed to be

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What "Breakthrough?" [Re: Drewwyann]
    #6837861 - 04/26/07 05:01 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

this is what I am getting at.
the term break through is misleading
especially if you get into some state that is totally amazing impossible and still have a clear sense of what is happenning. (i.e. wow but not lost).
or you take more and only remember the tailings of what happenned.
with the term breakthrough, I find too much associated waste and machismo.
with salvia, too much goes quickly to amnesia, and you can only remember fragments from your return path to semi-normal consciousness.

--------------------

OfflineMorphMan
δSλ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #6837922 - 04/26/07 05:15 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think a "breakthrough" can be told in words. One must experience it to understand it and have even a fraction of an idea what it is like. For me it took 25x with a nice sized hit. Everyone seems to be different but you'll definately know when you break through.

--------------------

Invisiblesomewilliepete
NonexistantPerson
Male
Loc: Under a rock
    #6837950 - 04/26/07 05:22 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Here is one of the best examples of my breakthroughs, I'll keep it short and sweet.

I bought a bag of 20x salvia on eBay. When I first got it, I smoked small amounts, and had very intense warping on my vision, open eye visuals, and I acted very instinctually. As I grew more comfortable with salvia, I decided to push the dosage slowly and gain experience with her. But, one fateful day, I had smoked a much larger amount than I ever had, mostly because I felt very macho, that is when it happened.

As soon as I exhaled, every single part of my body felt as if it was being pressed on by a large weight. Knowing this would be uncomfortable I crawled onto my bed and closed my eyes.

Closing my eyes was like stepping into another world, every single part of what was me before was lost from my mind, I was absolutely nothing, I thought of nothing, and did almost nothing. As I sat in this new world, I was "fed" thoughts and allowed to think on them. At first it was simple, "who am I, really" and it slowly became more complex. Each answer to the question was accompanied with the full image, like a movie, but every single inch of your conscience was covered leaving no room for anything else, it was like you were there.

The real breakthrough came when I began to learn of "this guy" (who was me) and the question was "what are you doing with your life." At the time I was in a hard place, addicted to getting high (any drug) and getting nothing from it, and as I looked at me/him, I felt sorrowful, it was wrong, a life being wasted and a path that nobody should have to walk ahead of him/me (that path could be many things, jail, dependence, loss of all that mattered to me).

The scene had faded, and I "awoke" from the trip with tears that covered my face. It had given me something, I had learned something profound, and I was to take action on it to improve my life. That was MY breakthrough, and I may even owe my life to it.

-I Hope this helps you on your journey.

--------------------
This isnt real, none of this is real.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What "Breakthrough?" [Re: somewilliepete]
    #6838777 - 04/26/07 09:10 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

somewilliepete said:

As soon as I exhaled, every single part of my body felt as if it was being pressed on by a large weight.

That's how I know I am connecting. The first head change for me is when I'm putting more leaf in the bowl after a couple hits, it feels as if my head is ten stories high looking down on puppet hands. The second is the immense pressure on my chest. Early on, I thought I couldn't breathe, but realized quickly that wasn't the case...it's just some nerve effect to where my whole body feels under pressure; it starts at my sternum and then radiates out.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: What "Breakthrough?" [Re: myndreach]
    #6838941 - 04/26/07 09:54 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Salvia has never not blown my mind, just like nn-dmt.

Leaf or extract.

I dont care about what a breakthrough means.

The "breakthrough" means nothing to me beyond my own extensive experience with hallucinogens.

I know what I find most useful, or potentially damaging, partially frightening, or insightful, or mindblowing, or subtle, or break your balls intense and how this all can happen.
I have thought I had died, but knew I was still kicking someplace.
I have not been able to see, but always could feel.
I have lost my ego, but only because I needed to within the mechanics of the trip, (not because the drug made me do so/I knew what I wanted within the machinery, the potentialities).

I wish everyone could learn about breakthroughs through only their experiences.
There are people out there that are so fucking simple that 1000-1500 mics of lsd could somehow let them down, or 7 grams of mushrooms for that matter.......

Know your dome. Work closely with it(your unique brain) and the drugs you put in it.
Your 3.5 grams of mushrooms will almost never be the same 3.5 grams of mushrooms the idiot down the street took. I mean after all, that moron is often not concerned about anything really beyond getting fucked up, so no shit that guy feels like the only hallucination he had was his bathtub smiling at him(*almost* in denial of the most true and mindblowing effects in a way). So hes all like, "ya the part where I felt like I was naked and running, and the part where I felt like my bathtub was smiling at me was the best part".

I only explained the two polar opposits, so dont get pissed. I premised myself well. There are alot of people inbetween aswell. Smart, articulate, complex folks, and people who are dumb as a rock.

Just like the 1-5 scale of trip intensity, I think a breakthrough is in the eye of the beholder.

Fast forward 10 years, I hope people stop labeling their experiences based on others.
I have taken massive doses of most psychedelics, and when I cant realize during a long experience who took the drug or if anyone took any drugs, I will have lost my touch.

Confusion is not functional to me.
In other words, even on the most massive doses, I would not have forgotten how to tie my shoes, for example.
Its not because I didnt let go of my ego. My neurology just allowed me to find that info too, aswell as information that didnt belong to me.

Massive doses never made me feel disconnected from everything I know.
They made me feel more connected, and thats where the confusion came from. In such a fast paced and interconnected/fractal mindset, I wouldnt likely be thinking of myself or body for atleast 4-7 hours.
If I needed to, I could still connect the dots if I wanted, or "I could tie my shoes".......

terms I hate:

Ego loss
Ego death
and
"breakthrough".

A certain dose works only so well with you, and you need to atleast learn to meet its effects half way.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (04/26/07 09:58 PM)

Offlinedayglowhead
Stranger

#7599029 - 11/05/07 03:50 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

To me, a "breakthrough" is when you go from feeling weird and disoriented and having a sort of fuzzy, buzzing feeling in your head to a real feeling of confusion and enlightenment...it usually becomes really intense and you have to lie down and close your eyes when it is happening. You will definately know as soon as it happens to you because it will be the really profound experience that you have heard about but never actually felt.

Offlinecagerplaya247
Acid Head

Re: What "Breakthrough?" [Re: dayglowhead]
    #7599460 - 11/05/07 05:53 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

You will no when you hit a breakthrough. Only one of my trips was not a breakthrough. But i guess it is because all i smoke is 20x purple sticky. But ya, a breakthrough is when you forget where you are who you are and what body you are in. Some times you will feel like you are going to be stuck in that state of mind forever.

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: What "Breakthrough?" *DELETED* [Re: cagerplaya247]
    #7599732 - 11/05/07 06:54 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by guruu

Reason for deletion: lies

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Offlineroskolnikov
Stranger
    #7918164 - 01/23/08 12:02 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I couldn't tell you exactly what a breakthrough was either...but I'm pretty sure I have experienced it. I remember looking at my ceiling and seeing these red shapes moving up and down...I closed my eyes and I saw adobe(?) buildings. I was talking to a man in a turban (don't remember what was said or if I actually was talking)and I came to the conclusion that I was in Jerusalem. anyways, I opened my eyes, my friend said I had huge pupils so I wanted to see, I got up, looked in the mirror, and sat down. And there I was back home again. Another time I took a trip down a burgundy tunnel. Or another time, I decided I wanted to listen to music (Stairway to Heaven) just to see what would happen. I took the hit and let it flow, I was in the neighborhood of Friday the 13th suburban area, arguing with my Anima (i believe it was anyways) about who should should physically hold the song, myself or I. This went on for a while...I found myself naked on the couch.

InvisibleiBruiseBlue
Stranger

Re: What "Breakthrough?" [Re: yageman]
    #7918197 - 01/23/08 12:13 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Yageman said it right. Everyone has a different definition of what a "breakthrough" is. Something that is so subjective can't be defined with black and white terms. No one can tell you what a breakthrough is, because words fall so short of actual experience. I will say one thing about salvia though. If you enjoyed it, you did not experience what many would call a "breakthrough."

InvisibleKrishnaDreamer
I bleed nicotine...
Male User Gallery

Re: What "Breakthrough?" [Re: g00ru]
    #7918516 - 01/23/08 02:11 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

guruu said:
He wasn't a human, he was a goat...

your friend must be a capricorn :P as am i.

ps. old thread.

--------------------
Everybody's a ninja...

OfflineMorphMan
δSλ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: What "Breakthrough?" [Re: KrishnaDreamer]
    #7919573 - 01/23/08 12:01 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

No offense, but was it really necessary to resurrect an old thread like this, twice? It's not an extraordinary thread, there are many more like it. Fiends.

--------------------

OfflineFlyinbrian87
Stranger

Re: What "Breakthrough?" [Re: johnuk]
    #9569894 - 01/08/09 09:59 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

My 2 of the 3 trips i have experienced involved a "factory" of moving orange and black cylendars. I was told i was "made" here and kept hearing "pembrook" or "pembroke" over and over and over. I was stuck to the upper corner of the room and gravity was very hard to understand. It existed but at a different level. There was no UP DOWN LEFT AND RIGHT. There was an extra vector from my vantage point. Def in a 4th or 5th dimenstion. Scary and Insightful.

Invisiblevisions

Loc: utopia
Re: What "Breakthrough?" [Re: KrishnaDreamer]
    #9570107 - 01/08/09 10:55 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

2 deep rips of 15x purple sticky had me on another planet. Literally.  I teleported onto a strip of land that was about 6 foot x infinity to the SUN. And I was outside at night when I did this

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What "Breakthrough?" [Re: Flyinbrian87]
    #9570298 - 01/08/09 11:27 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Flyinbrian87 said:
My 2 of the 3 trips i have experienced involved a "factory" of moving orange and black cylendars. I was told i was "made" here and kept hearing "pembrook" or "pembroke" over and over and over. I was stuck to the upper corner of the room and gravity was very hard to understand. It existed but at a different level. There was no UP DOWN LEFT AND RIGHT. There was an extra vector from my vantage point. Def in a 4th or 5th dimenstion. Scary and Insightful.

i usually have an extra vector,
and have written it up as right angles to everything else,
but instead of being conceptual, it is rich with reality.

--------------------

OfflineFlyinbrian87
Stranger

#9570437 - 01/08/09 11:47 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
Quote:

Flyinbrian87 said:

i usually have an extra vector,
and have written it up as right angles to everything else,
but instead of being conceptual, it is rich with reality.

It is very conceptual rather than just a "dream". Very rich with reality. Can still envision what i saw. I will be putting my drawing skills to test after my next trip. I will upload for your enjoyment.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What "Breakthrough?" [Re: Flyinbrian87]
    #9570450 - 01/08/09 11:49 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

that might be amazing!
good luck!

--------------------

OfflineAnarchoTrip
Young Blood
Male User Gallery

#9592055 - 01/11/09 09:59 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

why the fuck was this old shit bumped?

--------------------
YIPPIE!

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
    #9592324 - 01/11/09 10:49 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Bumped AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN.  What the fuck?

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: What "Breakthrough?" [Re: Innoculus]
    #9592336 - 01/11/09 10:52 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

WHY DO YOU KEEP BUMPING IT?!??

oh crap.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals