Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFarmerD
journeyman
 User Gallery

Loc: US OF A BABY!!!!!!
Whats so hard?
    #683373 - 06/17/02 07:08 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I am having great success with my grow....I don't see what is so hard about growing to all of you. If I can do it I think that anyone would do it, with a little caution and patience of course. My casing have 100's of pins on them...Maybe it is a good strain or something? Ill be sure to make prints. You guys fuking suk if you cant do it. And we are really enjoying the jam and mushroom sandwiches. Try it. Anyone else having great success? It shouldnt be that hard with all of this damn help we get. Peace.

--------------------
None of these statements are to be taken seriously. FarmerD is a fictional character, and so are the things he posts.

"He who reaches for the stars often stumble on a simple straw."
Blue Fairy Supplies for all your shrooming needs!
Special thanks to MushroomMadness for great deals!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Whats so hard? [Re: FarmerD]
    #683380 - 06/17/02 07:11 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hey farmer,

>>You guys fuking suk if you cant do it.

There really is no reason for comments like this. Even when people follow a TEK the correct way without cutting corners in any part of the process there are still failed grows. I consider myself to be of "average" intelligence and I agree that with a little bit of study of your TEK and the overall cultivation process there is no "mystery" to what needs to be done...but is that any reason to have to put someone down?

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflineThworp
journeyman
    #683387 - 06/17/02 07:16 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Agreed. success on you first attempt does not men you are some shroom growing god. Keep the peace and if you are really a shroom growing god maybe you should help others who are not

OfflineFarmerD
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Whats so hard? [Re: Boppity604]
    #683397 - 06/17/02 07:23 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Im not downing anyone, except whoever "you guys" are. Those people that are just so retarded and they ask the same shit over and over. I myself have had a few questions, but none as stupid as some I have seen.If anything I may inspire more people to try it, it being so easy and all. I mean its not complicating to make a pf jar grow. My first time ever and having great success. All you ever needed to know is on this site. For example I think most of the time people are impatient and ask questions about problems with growing, when it hasnt even been long enough...you get it?
Maybe "You guys fuking suck" wasnt the right thing to say, BUT sometimes shit like that needs to be said. Maybe they will try harder next time.

--------------------
None of these statements are to be taken seriously. FarmerD is a fictional character, and so are the things he posts.

OfflineFarmerD
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Whats so hard? [Re: Thworp]
    #683407 - 06/17/02 07:30 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Did I say I was a shroom growing god?...cause if I did I dont remember. And I do help others with respectable questions. I learned what I know from the shroomery and you good folk, so Im no god. It would be nice to see more success, and who knows who is on the other end of the computer? Some retard that dont know shit trying to explain his new and improved tek, and he has never even grown. Maybe Im setting myself up for some flames but that what I think!BEOTCH!

--------------------

Offlinebassplayer74
old hand

Loc: Tennessee
    #683418 - 06/17/02 07:36 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Most people have at least 100 posts before they start hating newbies...lol

--------------------
If you will it, it is no dream.

Offlinegoolag
Rx

Loc: Stable
    #683429 - 06/17/02 07:42 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

First off...I (or anyone else that agrees) never said it was hard.

Success is not hard to achieve in this hobby at all. Everyone asks questions..even I do/did. The main key is to take a tek or such and develop your own way (aka a personal preference..) Not everyone has to/will be the same. This board is for questions...even if they are asked 10000 times. Someone asks a question to get more feedback then what they already know(gives them confidence that they are doing things correctly). So if someone asks a question about lets say 'dunk tek' and they understand the point behind it but are unclear about somethings..a question is going to arise to let themselves know they are doing everything right.

Don't you remember back in school - "There isn't such thing as a stupid question"
However I do beg to differ about some of the questions ive seen..lolz

The main reasons I see people failing is
1. impatient..checking things every 20 mins.
2. Possible contam..so they try to render it when it really was nothing. Let it be. If your think its contam'd..isolate it..give it time..or trash it.

Those are key right there.

I have yet to experience my first contam.. period and I dont go all out on sterilility. Just take your friggin time doing things.

FarmerD>> Your not the only one here having success . It may not be hard for you..but others it can be so hence the reason for the message boards.

btw, this is not a flame msg. I'm just sharing my comments.

--------------------
goolag

[url=http://shroomery.org/faq/]Check out
the Shroomery FAQ
[/url]

Edited by goolag (06/17/02 07:48 AM)

OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

Loc: Midwest, US
    #683439 - 06/17/02 07:47 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Well, what's so hard about this is the fact that it's unlike growing any other kind of lifeform, and about 99.9% of people in the world have absolutely no experience or even theory in this field.
You're right, the fact the the Shroomery is here has made this process 100x easier for many many people. Now that my cat has finally gotten the hang of this, it doesn't seem all that incredibly difficult in hindsight. But then, in the process of learning, he has learned innumberable things about sterility, molds, spores, moisture, humidity, CO2 concentration, substrate, casing, the lifecycle of the mushroom, etc. It's the kind of stuff you can read about all day (and should, if you want a shot at doing it right the first time), but never really learn until things start happening with your experiments.

I really hope you continue to be as successful with your projects as you obviously have been. Let's just remember to give the newbies a break - either you're extremely lucky or did enough homework to get it done right. Either way, I'm willing to bet that the process was a little harder than you remember it being.

Also, let's remember to be humble. Learning how to grow a Psilocybe Cubensis consists of maybe 1% of what there is to know about growing mushrooms, much less the entire field of Mycology. If, however, you think you're experienced enough, I challenge you to go out into your back yard, grab a mushroom, and try to cultivate it indoors. Just the ability to buy a prepared, sterile spore syringe makes this hobby drastically easier.

FanaTEK

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

Offlinegoolag
Rx

Loc: Stable
Re: Whats so hard? [Re: FanaTEK]
    #683449 - 06/17/02 07:54 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

>>Just the ability to buy a prepared, sterile spore syringe makes this hobby drastically easier.

Making your own makes it 10x easier

--------------------
goolag

[url=http://shroomery.org/faq/]Check out
the Shroomery FAQ
[/url]

OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: Whats so hard? [Re: goolag]
    #683590 - 06/17/02 09:25 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Heh, gotta HAVE fresh shrooms in order to make a print off of one. Making a sterile print isn't extremely hard, but still takes some knowledge of sterile technique. And then, of course, there's cloning on agar, strain isolations, mycelial suspensions, etc.

FanaTEK

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

Offlineclosetfreak
Loc: h-town
    #683630 - 06/17/02 09:52 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

You all are all correct! I don't post often but I am on this site more often than I would like to admit. Again this is a hobby for most folks out there including myself, which I just stumbled across on accident. Lots of shroom eatin' in the college daze but never knew you could grow them in your closet. If my wife can't find me she looks in my closet and there I am. Anyway, this site is VERY Helpful and if more people would bump around here they will be able to find their answers. I actually like most of the questions because I have had the same questions too (recently). I just click around for 5 minutes and Voila!!! My question has been answered. If you don't like the question...MOVE ON!

Most peeps are impatient (me too) are results. they want to blast off as soon as they can. I guess that's why peeps ask about eating their cakes. Yukky!

Gotta run my closet is calling me.

--------------------
back to my closet

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate