Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Amazon Peruvian Torch, San Pedro, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleelbisivni
Mescaline questions
    #6833960 - 04/25/07 09:11 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Hi.  I finally have enough money to order some San Pedro, and am planning to very soon.  This will be my first time with Mescaline.  And now for the questions.

I've read the preparation process smells.  I'm wondering how strong it is and what it smells like.  My apartment has reeked of pot, cooked cabbage, fish, etc in the past.  No complaints, no worries.  But I've still got to consider the well being of my neighbors.  My windows will be fully open and I've got a fan.  Cool?

I've got no method of weighing the cactus so I'm just figuring on starting with a 12" cutting.  It'll be just me.  And it'll be in my apartment in the city.  I'll try to dose so that before/around my peak everyone will be settled down in their homes for the night and I can go outside and be a creep if I want.

I read a few short experiences but alas, I rarely enjoy long drawn out trip reports.  Was wondering if anybody could just share some of their basic thoughts on the experience, on the drug, etc.  I'm guessing if I have the urge to puke I must attempt to refrain?

Also interested in how one might compare it to mushrooms or lsd.  Just looking for some "what to expect" basics really.

My brother told me about a trip he had on it that was very intense and frightening..but he was off in the mountains somewhere at night with just the dog and, "thank God for the dog" he said. :smirk:

I'm pleased with the fact that I knew very little about the drugs I've done the first time I was doing them.  It made for very mysterious, new, and enjoyable experiences (to say the least).  But after reading so much Carlos Castaneda..I gotta ask.  I'm expecting it will be a little less Castaneda, a little more Huxley.

Thanks folks.

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Mescaline questions [Re: elbisivni]
    #6834011 - 04/25/07 09:28 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I can't tell you anything about the preparation because when I took mescaline it was extract.
But I can tell about the trip.
I didn't find it so similar to mushrooms or LSD, thought they relate.
I had no nausea and I felt very light and opened, like I had this feeling that was all around me which gave me the impression that everything was prefect and safe.
I wouldn't call it exactly happiness or an ecstatic feeling because it was more mellow, sort of a lucid dream state.
I felt very energetic though I had no urge to move because I loved the feeling of the energy coming in waves, it felt more powerful and deeper.
The trip was very colorful and it looked like I was the one who was projecting what I was seeing.
Very very deep and insightful, a little mad but I think it was more similar to Huxley's experience that Castaneda's.
The peak lasted for more them three hours and it was totally mind blowing, if in the beginning I felt a little panicked, by the time the peak started I was totally relaxed and positive.
I tripped with another friend of mine and though we barely talked to each other we felt like somebody else was there watching us.
To conclude, it was very spiritual and well balanced.
Well, wish you an awesome trip, keep us up ti date about how it went :smile:.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: Mescaline questions [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6834172 - 04/25/07 10:09 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I've got a preparation guide :thumbup:
Extract sure would be nice though.

What do you mean by "a little mad"?

I'll be honest with you I'm often more prone to paranoia and obsessive thought patterns than I would like to be.  This urks me, but I know I've got people that could lend me a hand if anything goes awry.

I feel very good about it though, I haven't tripped since maybe last November.  Had lots of other drugs but no psychedelics :frown: I'm hoping to do it on my birthday, I think it would be very significant as I clock 21 years :tripping:

On another note the first thing I'm noticing with no more television, is the sudden lack of importance in keeping time.  Because I know I can't see the Simpsons at 6 & 7 and South Park at 12 time doesn't matter as much :lol:
Also, I sit and eat quietly.  And read more.  More relaxed in general :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Re: Mescaline questions [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6834213 - 04/25/07 10:20 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Mescaline is the Love of God distilled into a molecule.:mushroom2::thumbup:.

I love the stuff. It's similar to LSD, but without the edginess or harsh comedown. Nausea comes early on but it passes. It can be quite refreshing to purge during a mescaline trip. It's subtely energetic and sexual. It floods me with Love and peace and a desire to share it with everyone I know. The two former effects last WEEKS for me. It can be VERY spititual, and insightful beyond what you'd ever expect - but for this...

The setting is very important! You will NOT get the full potential of mescaline sitting inside an apartment in a city. In my opinion, that is a waste of cactus. But 12" is a fairly light dose anyway. Regardless,

Hope it goes well!

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #6834217 - 04/25/07 10:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

A little mad because of the overabundance of energy I felt passing through each of my cells... so yes, it was kind of mad from an electric point of view :lol:
I was under the impression (several times) that I was turning into a light bulb... that didn't happen thanks God :rofl2:
Another reason which made me out that kind of label on it was the fact that I was able to feel different emotions hat I couldn't really compare with anything before, not even from previous trips.
But it was awesome, it was mad in the most amazing way.

This "madness" didn't last the entire trip and I haven't encountered severe panic or serious paranoia. A little weird "thought" from time to time but as soon as I facing it, I was able to shut it down completely.
All in all, I found the experience as being more controllable then mushrooms.

Considering you became much more relaxed and carefree I think all of this will add a plus on the quality of the trip :smile:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Offlinelind2388
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NY
    #6834224 - 04/25/07 10:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I've done san pedro twice. I usually just cut the cactus up put it in a blender then boil it down 3-4 hours, strain it, then boil it again with some added water to the pulp. Then mix the two liquids. As far as feeling sick goes I didnt feel sick at all during the come up and neither has anyone i know. The only part that sucks is actually getting it down, it tastes like ass but once its down it stays down. The trip was full of energy and fun.

InvisibleBERSERK DESTROYER
King Hella!

Re: Mescaline questions [Re: lind2388]
    #6834233 - 04/25/07 10:27 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

It's similar to LSD, but without the edginess or harsh comedown.

Since when does LSD have a harsh comedown? I've never felt anything but happiness and mental clarity after a trip.

Anyway, unless you've tripped from sugar deprivation before, there's nothing I'm aware of that's particularly close to the mescaline experience.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: Mescaline questions [Re: lind2388]
    #6834235 - 04/25/07 10:28 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

how about the cooking stench?

--------------------

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

#6834259 - 04/25/07 10:32 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

yea ive never had a "harsh comedown" from LSD

--------------------

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: Mescaline questions [Re: Grok]
    #6834273 - 04/25/07 10:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, it's a modest introduction to something new after a long psychedelic hiatus.

I thought somebody might mention this setting.  I would really love to be in the wilderness, but it just isn't possible for some time.  The majority of my psychedelic experiences have at least begun in my apartments, and they never disappointed.

I have my quiet isolated places to wander off to.

I mean I could catch a bus to a big park nearby.  But I might end up being too out of my element in a place like that possibly surrounded by people.  Have to walk through some ghetto to get the bus back..etc

What would you say the average time-frame is for come up, peak, plateaus etc?  Couldn't find this on Erowid.

Edit: I'm thinking now of a higher dose.  I'll see when I get them what their diameter is and based on that maybe I'll move up to 1.5 or 2 feet.  Or maybe I can take them to a grocery store and use their scales in the fruit & vegetables section :smile:

But it sounds like higher doses of mescaline are rather easy to handle.  I don't want to overdo it.  But perhaps up to 2 feet is the way to go.

When I prepare it, do you suggest I discard the center material for a cleaner trip?

Edited by elbisivni (04/25/07 11:25 PM)

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: Mescaline questions [Re: 2859558484]
    #6834288 - 04/25/07 10:38 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

it really doesn't smell bad at all
  and it sure as hell doesn't smell like pot :thumbup:
  although...
  why not just cut up the green flesh into pill sized pieces and swallow like pills and wash down with water???  seems to give a better trip due to the other chems in the cactus than mesc alone.

Edited by cpw1971 (04/25/07 10:41 PM)

OfflineIzzyToxic
Just yourordinary averageHead
Male

Loc: Clubbing in a parallel un...
    #6835280 - 04/26/07 02:56 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I was actually going to suggest that you buy the San Pedro as dried out tissue samples. This will save you the pain of having to prep the cactus. You can find quite a few sites that do sell cactus in this way.

I am a little more familiar with some of the other cacti of the trichocereus genus. Those being the t. macrogonus, the t. peruvianus (Peruvian Torch), and so far my personal favorite - t. Bridgesii (Bolivian Torch). That's probably not too surprising as the Bolivian Torch is listed as having the highest mescaline content of the 4 species. I actually tried the San Pedro for the first time today and got pretty sick. No worries, however, as I do believe this was caused by the things that were in my system along with the cactus, such as Grey Goose vodka and Purple Ohms. After I finish this post I'm going to give Saint Peter another go.

As far as actually ingesting the stuff goes, I like to dunk the dried pieces of cactus in some sort of fruit juice and let them sit on a paper plate for a couple of minutes. After they become pliable again, I slice them up into little pieces and shovel them into my mouth using a fork. Then, I wash them down with a fresh cup of fruit juice as if they were a pill. You could also break up the dried pieces and load them into empty herbal supplement capsules, but for me that is way to big of a pain in the ass.

The experience for me is pretty similar to shrooms, although I would rather have a nice hit of acid, any day. Have fun!

--------------------
Users are losers and losers are users - so don't lose drugs. Don't lose drugs!
- Confucius

Edited by IzzyToxic (04/26/07 04:11 AM)

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: Mescaline questions [Re: IzzyToxic]
    #6835340 - 04/26/07 03:15 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I looked around but couldn't find anything. Maybe me being in the US has something to do with it.

edit: no, looks like that has nothing to do with it. I see that it is much more expensive though.

--------------------

Edited by elbisivni (04/26/07 03:20 AM)

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Richmond
    #6835827 - 04/26/07 09:31 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Dried cactus is quickly going the way of the buffalo. It used to be cheap but no one sells it any more and it's probably for the best.

Let those who want mescaline grow their own.

Order a cactus and save the tip and the stump. Only eat the middle so you can let the cactus continue to grow. This will please the spirit of Mescalito greatly and ensure that you have a safe and fulfilling experience.

2 feet:thumbup:

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now thats is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: Mescaline questions [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6836452 - 04/26/07 01:05 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well I found a great guide to help me out with that, but I'm going to be moving around a lot the next year, probably long distances, and possessions will be very limited.  Hell I'll look into it some more, I'd just feel even worse about starting a plant and then tossing it than just tossing what could be off the bat :shrug:

Could I store these pieces for extended periods of time maybe?

I'll prepare tea - should I discard the center material for a cleaner trip?  If I do 2' I'll probably sip at it for 2 hours so the come up is gentle.  I know it varies greatly but what would you say might be the average mescaline content  (mg) in 1' of San Pedro?

Could you sum up some of your trip experience with this dosage range?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Amazon Peruvian Torch, San Pedro, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience