Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

Hope Barry Bonds gets hit by a truck....
    #6832264 - 04/25/07 12:53 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

It would be one thing if he were kind to his fans and the press and got his numbers the way he did....

But he's not. He's always been an asshole. He's one of many who've given baseball a bad name recently, and he's a dickhead about it.

I'm tired of talking about it too, but it's baseball, damnit.

Why should there be discussion about asterisks in the record books?
There shouldn't.

And if this is how it's gonna be, then make steroids mandatory!

That's right. Level the playing field and go with it.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: Hope Barry Bonds gets hit by a truck.... [Re: mockeylock]
    #6832316 - 04/25/07 01:03 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Getting hit by a truck would be far too quick and painless.

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibledeadHead321
Stranger

Re: Hope Barry Bonds gets hit by a truck.... [Re: Liz]
    #6832327 - 04/25/07 01:05 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

the playing field WAS leveled when the commish's office looked past the fact that more then 50% of the leagues players were using steriods back in the late 80s/early 90s and when Big Mac and Sammy were captivating America with the big chase....

--------------------
"They call it a trip because it takes you places"
~TC

All i know is something like a bird within her sang/ All i know she sang a little while and then flew on/Tell me all that you know, i'll show you snow and rain.

Edited by deadHead321 (04/25/07 01:06 PM)

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

Re: Hope Barry Bonds gets hit by a truck.... [Re: deadHead321]
    #6832393 - 04/25/07 01:16 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, that was great for business back then....now what?

If A-rod's clean, he's a monster! I hate the Yankees, but damn. But no one knows what to think of the numbers anymore. Ask any 13 year old boy what he thinks of A-Rod, and steroids will come up in the conversation. He could be legitimately destroying the records, but the question is gonna come up. No fair. And if he's juiced?

No fair.

I hope Barry Bonds gets hit by a truck.

--------------------

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
    #6832422 - 04/25/07 01:20 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I do not think Barry Bonds will break Hank Aaron's record. Someone will kill him before he does.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #6832619 - 04/25/07 01:57 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mockeylock said:

If A-rod's clean, he's a monster! I hate the Yankees, but damn. But no one knows what to think of the numbers anymore. Ask any 13 year old boy what he thinks of A-Rod, and steroids will come up in the conversation. He could be legitimately destroying the records, but the question is gonna come up. No fair. And if he's juiced?

I dont know anyone who thinks A-Rod is on steroids.

His body looks exactly the same as it always has, unlike BB who was 150 pounds and stole 50 bases one season and then 250 pounds and hit 50 homers the next...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Hope Barry Bonds gets hit by a truck.... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6832721 - 04/25/07 02:21 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I've never heard anyone say anything about AROD being on steroids.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Hope Barry Bonds gets hit by a truck.... [Re: Deadmaker]
    #6832724 - 04/25/07 02:23 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Anytime I hear anyone say that...it's someone who doesn't even follow baseball and assumes everyone is on them.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

#6832758 - 04/25/07 02:31 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not saying he is, it's just that people are gonna question it....

I never would have thought Raphael Palmiero was either...

That's what's pissing me off. You can't accept anything at face value anymore.
Believe me, if you break any records after the last few years, people will be pointing fingers, asking questions, and making accusations.

And that's not fair to a legitimately talented individual who deserves all the credit in the world for their hard work.

Why not test all of them twice a year? Does it violate their privacy?
Not in their line of work for what they're making.

You're making 15 million a year? Suck it up and prove you're worth it.

Only making 500,000? Aww, sorry for ya. Suck it up and prove you're worth it.

Everyone I talk to lately says they have no faith in baseball anymore.

--------------------

Male

#6832761 - 04/25/07 02:32 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I think that feeling is bottoming out honestly, but I agree, the MLB needs a hardline testing policy in place. But MLB is winning back a lot of fans that it lost.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie

Re: Hope Barry Bonds gets hit by a truck.... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6833189 - 04/25/07 04:03 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I never hear anybody saying A-Rod is on roids either. You know what I hear? People on ESPN and elsewhere saying that no matter what team you follow you should be rooting for A-Rod to break Barry Bonds HR record after he breaks Hank Aaron's because Bonds is a piece of shit.

I still love that sign a fan was holding up after Bonds broke Babe Ruth's record. "Babe Ruth did it using hot dogs and beer!"

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Hope Barry Bonds gets hit by a truck.... [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #6833206 - 04/25/07 04:11 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I never saw that sign:lol:. I thoroughly enjoyed the stringe throwing incident though.

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6833314 - 04/25/07 04:37 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

i dont really like barry bonds, but come on, hes still accomplishing something... did hank aaron not abuse the fuck out of ampetamines in order to set his record? were the ballparks not smaller?.. every era is going to have their advantages.. thats just part of times changing.. barry is a POS individual.. but hes not the only person to use roids, (if he even did, there is NO proof) and hes the only one flirting with breaking the record.

i guess my point is.. kudos for him breaking the record, but fuck barry bonds are a person.

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #6833335 - 04/25/07 04:45 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Everyone who is pointing fingers and calling cheat are just a bunch of poontzes.  That's right poontzes.  Losers bitch and moan about cheaters and winners earn the right to be dicks if they want.  :ass:

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Hope Barry Bonds gets hit by a truck.... [Re: Cowgold]
    #6833343 - 04/25/07 04:47 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

it seems like whenever someone is good, particularly in baseball.. everyone jumps on the steriod accusations.. hell i remember last year people talking about pujols and howard being on roids.. just because they were having a good season.

fuck baseball, i cant wait for football season..

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Hope Barry Bonds gets hit by a truck.... [Re: Banez]
    #6833371 - 04/25/07 04:53 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Banez said:
did hank aaron not abuse the fuck out of ampetamines in order to set his record? were the ballparks not smaller?

Ballparks were much bigger. I dont think they've ever been this small.

Its all the shitty MLB emphasis on HR's...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6833374 - 04/25/07 04:54 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I guess you didn't read in the other thread how we were talking about how no one ever says that AROD is on steroids.

InvisibledeadHead321
Stranger

#6834200 - 04/25/07 08:17 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

yeah ruth did it on hot dogs and beer....but he also didnt play with black players.

you can throw all the accusations around..but bonds is not the only person who deserves the all the heat.

sosa, palmero, mark mcgwire, conseco, juan gonzalez, ivan rodrgiuez, dave martin, wilson alvarez, giambi, brett boone.

Bonds has been consistant througout his career, and if you cant take the blinders off and appreciate his baseball talent as one of the all time best, then go be a 'pure' baseball fan. your missing out

--------------------
~TC

All i know is something like a bird within her sang/ All i know she sang a little while and then flew on/Tell me all that you know, i'll show you snow and rain.

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6834206 - 04/25/07 08:18 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Bonds just hit a homer, thus ass fucking me in ERA.

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6834436 - 04/25/07 09:09 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

see you feel the same as I do about the matter.. and im not a "pure" baseball fan.. im a sports fan.. i likee seeing spectatular athletes..

barry is having an amazing year, and i think its fair to say hes off the juice now atleats, if he ever did truely use (which he probably did).. right now, barry is hitting .347 with 7 HR's and 15 RBI's.. not including what he's doing tonight.. thats a good player. period.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#6834531 - 04/25/07 09:26 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

deadHead321 said:
Bonds has been consistant througout his career, and if you cant take the blinders off and appreciate his baseball talent as one of the all time best, then go be a 'pure' baseball fan. your missing out

Consistent how?

Compare his early year stats to his stats now. When was the last time he stole a base? How many home runs did he hit his rookie year? His second year? Over 10? I doubt it.

--------------------

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

#6834600 - 04/25/07 09:42 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

OK, do you remember Brady Anderson?

In his first seven seasons, he hit 72 home runs.

Then, in 1996, he hit over 50. In one season.

I call shenanigans.

No, steroids won't make you hit the ball. You have to do that yourself.
But due to the ability to workout more and recover more quickly, you will hit it further. A routine fly ball becomes a home run.

Why look down at a baseball "purist"? Someone who appreciates the game for what it is?

The same American attitude that allows this to happen(more home runs=good), doesn't mesh with the American ideals that athletes are competing to see who's the best.

If you concede that he's been juicing, how can you say he's an all-star athlete? His home run is an honest man's fly ball.

Barry Bond's home run is an honest player's fly ball.

A fly ball is an out.

--------------------

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6834615 - 04/25/07 09:46 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

because he'd have to have balls of steel to still be juicing, if he ever was.. and hes still proforming at the top of the league.. even being as old and out-of-shape as he is.

--------------------

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

#6834628 - 04/25/07 09:48 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Just stop! Give me a truck, and I'll hit him with it!

End of discussion! He can't hit the ball anymore when he's a pancake on the asphalt....

--------------------

InvisibledeadHead321
Stranger

#6834870 - 04/25/07 10:42 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Compare his early year stats to his stats now. When was the last time he stole a base? How many home runs did he hit his rookie year? His second year? Over 10? I doubt it.

he has 510 stolen bases, and his stats in this category progress, reach a peak and decline. how you tie steroids to ability to steal a base is questionable in my mind. he is 43 years old..what did you expect would happen?

First Year HR: 16
2nd: 25
over first 10 yrs: 292

disregarding last two injury plagued seasons, he has hit 30+ HRs in the last 13 seasons.
how is that not consistant?

Quote:

If you concede that he's been juicing, how can you say he's an all-star athlete?

because everyone else that is tied to this scandal has been named an all star. why should he be treated differently? because he is chasing down the HR record? bullshit....everyone is just as accountable as he is.

Quote:

End of discussion! He can't hit the ball anymore when he's a pancake on the asphalt....

yeah, ok that makes a whole lot of sense.
last two years he has been plagued with injuries. now he is healthy, and is currently hitting .346 with 7 HR and 15 RBI.

--------------------
~TC

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6835085 - 04/25/07 11:52 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I think Barry should tested every day until he breaks the record.

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Hope Barry Bonds gets hit by a truck.... [Re: Redstorm]
    #6837066 - 04/26/07 02:05 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
I think Barry should tested every day until he breaks the record.

i agree.. but even if he did it, and passed every single one.. you guys still wouldnt give him any credit for what he has achieved.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #6837085 - 04/26/07 02:09 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I'll give him credit for about 600 of those homers.

--------------------

Offlinethrombus
Stranger
Re: Hope Barry Bonds gets hit by a truck.... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #6842210 - 04/27/07 05:17 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Since more pitchers have been busted for steroids than field players, I think each of Barry's homers should be counted twice for records purposes. :ooo:

By the way, BB stole a base in the first game of the 2007 season...not bad for a 42 year old.

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Hope Barry Bonds gets hit by a truck.... [Re: thrombus]
    #6848173 - 04/29/07 03:12 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

bonds just keeps getting closer and closer, seems like he is hitting one out of the park every other night.

--------------------

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
    #6879484 - 05/06/07 06:45 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I fucking hate Bonds and I also really hope something bad happens to him (like death) before he breaks the record.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

InvisibledeadHead321
Stranger

Re: Hope Barry Bonds gets hit by a truck.... [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #6879948 - 05/06/07 10:41 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

#744..11 away. its inevitable.

i hope he slows down a bit so i can see him make history June 3rd when i go to phils game vs giatnts

--------------------
~TC

Male

#6891020 - 05/08/07 09:15 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Damn, Barry Bonds just put a beautiful swing on Glavine's first pitch of the at-bat. HR.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Male

#6892906 - 05/09/07 09:21 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibledeadHead321
Stranger

#6892953 - 05/09/07 09:34 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

he is a tank....

--------------------
~TC

Offlinemushnoon
MushNoob
Male User Gallery
    #6893723 - 05/09/07 01:03 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I love the hank aaron wont be at the game to see bonds break the record. i hope selig decides not to attend it as well. bonds is a fake POS in every way. he used to be a total dickhead but now that he has this spotlight he has changed his personality in attempt to be likeable. So his personality is fake. His body is soooo juiced up with roids that its "fake". im considering going to the giants v cincy game on july 3rd. if he hits the record breaking hr, im going to try to re-enact the hank aaron moment where the two guys ran along side him. except ill attempt to knock him over and choke him. im not a reds fan, matter of fact i hate them, but id rather see pete rose in the hall of fame than bonds break the record or be in the hall. fucking hate bonds

--------------------
I love the feeling when it falls apart. Im slow to finish but im quick to start.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie

Re: Hope Barry Bonds gets hit by a truck.... [Re: mushnoon]
    #6893875 - 05/09/07 02:03 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I'm just sick of hearing about it all the time. We all know he's going to break the record. Can't they talk about it on sports center or something instead of beating it into the ground during every game? :lol:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #6893939 - 05/09/07 02:21 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

The Giants were the Sunday night game on ESPN with Harry and Lloyd and they did a whole giant pregame thing about Bighead. Except he wasn't playing. At all. Not even as 1 of the 2 PHs they used. I laughed. Until I cried because they are so eager to cram this freak down our throats at every turn and then spout all that false blather about the horrors of steroids. Miller and Morgan may actually be intellectuals in that swamp of stupidity in Bristol.

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie

Re: Hope Barry Bonds gets hit by a truck.... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #6894026 - 05/09/07 02:46 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I seen that as well. It was a bit ridiculous to say the least. :lol:

--------------------

InvisibledeadHead321
Stranger

#6896820 - 05/10/07 07:47 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i love the coverage.

Quote:

Except he wasn't playing. At all. Not even as 1 of the 2 PHs they used.

well he is 43..so he gets off about one game per series. and he still posts better #s then alot of everyday OFs.

--------------------
~TC

Male

#6896834 - 05/10/07 07:51 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I really hope he breaks it on the road.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibledeadHead321
Stranger

#6896965 - 05/10/07 08:28 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

yeah thats when he will get booed. they love him in san francisco...

i want him to do it in SF or June 1-4 in Philadelphia.

--------------------
~TC

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order