Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewalt
?
no time for this
    #683014 - 06/17/02 12:43 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by walt (07/13/02 06:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: dont waste the money on half/pinters [Re: walt]
    #683044 - 06/17/02 01:48 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

pf rulz.
you have no idea even what you're doing yet,
so watch yer mouth.
my half pints are colonized in 14 days and fruiting by day 20,
while you're still waiting for pins.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Edited by Hippie3 (06/17/02 02:57 AM)

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: dont waste the money on half/pinters [Re: Hippie3]
    #683056 - 06/17/02 02:00 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

i know amber jim and the rest of pf personaly fuck off they are really cool people

Offlinewalt
?
Re: dont waste the money on half/pinters [Re: LCid]
    #683057 - 06/17/02 02:07 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

no spores from pf all worked perfect not complaining about their product . i just think their tek is a simplified method of something that is a lot more broad than that . i'm not committed to any tek or any fuckin body. i think i'll end up with a tek like I want to use.

OfflineKrash X
Re: dont waste the money on half/pinters [Re: LCid]
    #683060 - 06/17/02 02:09 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Looks like we got another one of those newbies to teach...

KX

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: dont waste the money on half/pinters [Re: walt]
    #683064 - 06/17/02 02:28 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

>>it seem too complicated for anyone besides themselves., but fuck them.

Yeah...great way to show respect by insulting your peers...

>>i believe i'll have fully cononized jars in about 20 days from innoc. pf tek very few jars i've tried will 100%colonize in this amt of time

I have no idea what crack you're smokin...I had 7 of 10 jars hit 100% colonization in my jars on day 12...today is day 18 of my grow and I have 9 at 100% and the remaining one is at 98%. So that kinda blows your heated theory.

I think it would behoove you better to remain a little more respectful and lose the attitude. Novices have nothing to prove aside from their ignorance.

Love & Light,

Boppity

Offlinewalt
?
Re: dont waste the money on half/pinters [Re: Boppity604]
    #683067 - 06/17/02 02:35 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by walt (06/17/02 03:44 AM)

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
This Is Maturity at it's finest... [Re: Boppity604]
    #683069 - 06/17/02 02:36 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

So here's a PM that Walt felt necessary to send to me twice. I normally don't share info from PM's with the public forums...but this is just a great case of a cry-baby punk trying to be "tough". How 70's. LOLOL

Enjoy! Walt...grow up.

>>are you trying to call me out or something? seems as though if people ask questions on here none of you have any answers but if someone gripes you all go off. o.k. you people are real cool.

You want an answer? Here's mine:

Revamp your entire sterility process. Also, are you using a proper incubator set up? Have you flipped your jars to see if that helps the mycellium grow more in the jars?

Respect is earned dude...especially from your peers. The only person calling you out is yourself.

Love & Light,

Boppity

Offlinewalt
?
Re: Boppity [Re: Boppity604]
    #683072 - 06/17/02 02:42 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

yes have incubator perlite h202 water. always 80-85. flipped jars that showed growth around rings. not trying to be a smart ass. but i've asked for help on here and no one can tell me what i'm doing wrong. or if I'm doing anything wrong. no one says anything . as far as sterility . i'm a a+ chem major. so there is no prob. there. even bought a pc. so i could do everything perfect. but still no growth on pf. got growth on rye.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Boppity [Re: walt]
    #683080 - 06/17/02 02:56 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Well Walt, since I'm on my first grow I really can't help you much further. Perhaps that particular syringe you used had contamination in it...like bacterial infection and the spores themselves aren't healthy?

I'm sure as the day progress and the more experienced cultivators read your post you'll get more replies. Just need to wait a little.

Sorry I couldn't help you more!

Peace,

Boppity

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: Boppity [Re: walt]
    #683084 - 06/17/02 03:02 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

well, one thing is 100% certain.
the error lies with you,
not the pf tek,
which has worked for thousands of people over the last 10 years.
and frankly, i can't have much respect for anyone who can't even get pf jars to grow, it's about as easy as falling down.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: Boppity [Re: Hippie3]
    #683090 - 06/17/02 03:10 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

ya the bottom line is if it wasnt for PF most of us wouldent know our dick from a shroom cake

so

well live and learn i guess :P

Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: Boppity [Re: LCid]
    #683110 - 06/17/02 03:40 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

walt

help someone with matias romero or tapalpa exp?
06/14/02 02:11 PM Edit Reply

do these do well on pf jars? have had mr inoc. for 10 days. very little growth. milky looking. tapalpa innoc. last thurs. so like 8 days. brighter white. but neither really growing much someone please help. pm or whatever. just need some info.

psilocybinjunkie

Re: help someone with matias romero or tapalpa exp? [re: walt]
06/14/02 03:10 PM Edit Reply

sounds like they're slow germinating. They should be fine on pf substrate.Never had any experience with either but pf will work.

CaptainMaxMushroom

Re: help someone with matias romero or tapalpa exp? [re: walt]
06/14/02 05:44 PM Edit Reply

Keep them warm, in the 80's. Lower temps mean less germination and slower growth .

Blue's Poo Compost...coming soon!
www.SporeLab.com
Canada's only spore vendor to the world.

walt

too dry?
06/15/02 03:15 PM Edit Reply

well i've been trying to get some help or info on here and so far have got very little of either. (ed. note: i wish i knew how you could say you have gotten very little help, both of the prev. posts fully answered your questions.) my pf jars have been innoc for 11 days. very little growth have some that have been 9 days very little growth. havn't changed much in last four or five days. or more . used 1/2 cup verm. 1/4 brf 1/4 water per 1/2 pint. is it possible they dried out. banged one against my hand and it flaked off and crumbled into tiny pieces. the inside seemed stuck together. any ideas? cause i don't have a fucking clue but i'm not gonna give up. so get used to me.

Post Extras:
TheShroomHermit

Re: too dry? [re: walt]
06/15/02 03:25 PM Edit Reply

Well, your ratios seem to be ok... the substrate should crumble, this allows the mycelia to colonized better than say, a compressed substrate. You sound ok. Don't panik!

So we will smoke the pipe, and let no lies between us.
Support the Free Spore Ring

Dr. Bluethumbs your 1 stop shop for all your growing needs

www.THELITTLEGUY.COM

staindblue

Re: too dry? [re: walt]
06/15/02 03:37 PM Edit Reply

You should be ok with that. I use 1/2 cup verm 1/4 brf and 1/3 cup water but i've
gone alot drier it seemed to take longer but it still worked. Is your temp between
82-86dgr F. ? this will help for faster colonization.

walt

crumby cake update. *DELETED*
06/15/02 04:18 PM Edit Reply

Post deleted by walt

Edited by walt (06/15/02 06:25 PM)

phrozendata

Re: examined a crumby cake [re: walt]
06/15/02 04:32 PM Edit Reply

Rye? Did you shake them?

Spores shouldn't take long to get to you. Who have you been ordering from? I've heard of nothing but speedy delivery from www.thelittleguy.com (sometimes in 3 days).

Why do you say "fuck brf" the PF-tek is a great method for beginners. You must be doing something incredibly wrong if you cant even get PF jars to colonize.

"Theres a mansion on the hill.
Psychedelic music fills the air.
Peace and love live there still.
In that mansion on the hill."
-Neil Young (Mansion on the Hill)

walt

Re: examined a crumby cake [re: phrozendata]
06/15/02 04:40 PM Edit Reply

dude i've only grown about four or five syringes before i ordered all from pf. they all worked on brf. but these from canada just wont grow. i ordered from canada this last time thats why it took forever. i noticed all of the vendors on here get a lot of complaints. no contam. at all none . very little growth and no one can tell me what i'm doing wrong. explained whole process to like three or four of these guys and they all just keep saying oh they must be slow germinators.

There you have it, i just traked your one question through three posts. All of them had the information you were looking to gain, i even made the info in bold for ya. all of them within a timly manor, and all helpfull. I think you need to read your replys a bit more thouroughly then you are.

You keep asking why they are so slow to colonize, well it could be a few things. Too high or low of temps, what are your current incubating temps? It could be to dry or too wet, with out a picture none of us can give you a 100% answer on that one. Or it could be a bactira infection, wich will eventually kill what mycellium has grown. Next time insted of gettin your panties in a bunch, listen to what your being told.

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: no time for this [Re: walt]
    #683216 - 06/17/02 05:11 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I am, by far not an expert but even I can get the PF tek to work. It is VERY easy, just do it right. How hard is that to understand? Did you ever try readin the FAQs? Did you search at all? Did you contact PF and tell him the syringe is not working?

Dont blame a method that is proven to work for your mistakes!

Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Offlinedi11rod

another possible culprit [Re: walt]
    #683242 - 06/17/02 05:41 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think I saw it mentioned in this thread, but slow colonization of BRF could be due to:

1. Not real organic BRF being used. If there are preservatives (i.e. anti-fungal chemicals) in the BRF, it could take a LOT longer to germinate.

2. Old BRF being used. If you don't have the freshest BRF possible, it could take longer as well.

Since you say you are an A+ chem major, then I suspect you are familiar with the scientific method. You understand that when working in the lab on experiments, you can't draw a conclusion unless you have eliminated all variables other than the one you are studying. Hence the use of control groups, etc. In the scenario you describe, there are several variables present.

good luck with your chemistry studies,

di11rod

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: Boppity [Re: Hippie3]
    #683390 - 06/17/02 07:17 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

In reply to:

i can't have much respect for anyone who can't even get pf jars to grow, it's about as easy as falling down

i agree, pf is a godsend for beginners. when i started , there was no pf, we had to do things the hard way, with a lot of failures.
print to agar, agar to test tube of grain, grain to bulk grain, bulk grain to casing...... there was a lot more variables, and a lot more chance of contams

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Offlinewalt
?
Re: another possible culprit [Re: di11rod]
    #683394 - 06/17/02 07:23 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for all of your bashing. i'll be sure to send pics. i'm a newb to the shroomery. just found it like a month ago. read a lot of good stuff on here. thanks for all of the help?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale