Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleshaggydogman
Stranger

I'm impatient! Do you reckon a colonised rice cake is sacrificeable?
    #6832029 - 04/25/07 02:11 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Hello all. I've been lurking around here for a while and learning soooooo much from the site. Thanks to all who have taken the time to run the site, write up guides etc etc. Much appreciated. :smile:

It's been a while since I had any shrooms but I now have a few colonised PF Tek rice cakes.

I'm about to birth them and I came across this guide

So I'm wondering it is gonna be worth sacrificing a fully colnised, unfruited cake and make some lovely ricey tea!!

I read in the above guide that the mycelium has psilocibin and I also read somewhere else that the mycelium doesn't have much psilocibin until after it's fruited.

I'm a bit confuddled as to if it'll work. I've now been reading and getting things going for quite a while now and the anticipation is now getting the better of me!!! I've got a feeling that my impatience is gonna get the better of me anyway here

Will I just be destroying the cake or am I gonna get a trip out of it?

--------------------
Rye -- WBS | Grain LC -- G2G | Bulk -- Monotub | 50/50 -- Late Casing -- A Pinning Strategy
Disclaimer: My opinion is subject to change at short notice subject to but not limited by new information and knowledge being made available.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: I'm impatient! Do you reckon a colonised rice cake is sacrificeable? [Re: shaggydogman]
    #6832073 - 04/25/07 02:19 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

learn to be patient

Invisibleshaggydogman
Stranger

Re: I'm impatient! Do you reckon a colonised rice cake is sacrificeable? [Re: dedjam]
    #6832119 - 04/25/07 02:27 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

lol. I was thinking that was gonna be the answer. I've been trying to tell myself the same thing, but I just wouldn't listen!

Nothing like a bit of anticipation. God help those aborts!

Offlinepokermush
Waterboardingmyself toprotect America!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Utah
Re: I'm impatient! Do you reckon a colonised rice cake is sacrificeable? [Re: shaggydogman]
    #6832798 - 04/25/07 04:41 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Yes sacrifice one of your cakes, but not to tea.

Mix it with a bunch of pasteurized hpoo and case it, then fruit. It will produce FAR more than what you'll get from a cake.

Agar reported the results of some experiments with trying to trip from mycelium, and he wasn't able to get anywhere with it, even with large quantities. The mycelia just doesn't contain enough actives.

Invisibleshaggydogman
Stranger

Re: I'm impatient! Do you reckon a colonised rice cake is sacrificeable? [Re: pokermush]
    #6833119 - 04/25/07 05:48 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

This is my second spell of growing. The last time I used cakes and filter patch bags. I'm kinda going for what I know this time. But I will be trying to do some casings. I'm also tring to grow mycelium in an lc so I can inoculate lots of cakes to experiment with. :smile:

Only a few weeks to go now. Can't wait!!!!! :smile:

Invisibleshaggydogman
Stranger

#6837498 - 04/26/07 05:50 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Did a bit more digging around and found this report where they followed the pf tek and analysed when the actives appear.

Quote:

CONCLUSION
The psychoactive drugs psilocyn and psilocybin were not detected in the mycelium, the earliest stage of development of the mushroom. These drugs were identified in the mycelium knots, the earliest stages of the fruiting body of the mushroom.

So according to the FBI they first start getting the magic ingredients in the mycelial knots just before the pinheads appear.

Anyone got any ideas what's going on with The Foolproof Psilocybe Cubensis Mycelial Culture Technique???

--------------------
Rye -- WBS | Grain LC -- G2G | Bulk -- Monotub | 50/50 -- Late Casing -- A Pinning Strategy
Disclaimer: My opinion is subject to change at short notice subject to but not limited by new information and knowledge being made available.

Offlinepapixx
trumz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #6837641 - 04/26/07 06:28 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Man, just wait till you have mushrooms.

--------------------
''Nothing lasts but nothing is lost''

Invisibleshaggydogman
Stranger

Re: I'm impatient! Do you reckon a colonised rice cake is sacrificeable? [Re: papixx]
    #6839755 - 04/27/07 05:26 AM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

papixx said:
Man, just wait till you have mushrooms.

lol, I am, I am. I'm over it!! My weakness is no more, I promise hehehe :smile:
That cake is now destined for my first attempt at casing (thanks Pokermush) :smile:

Just thought I'd post back what I found in case anyone was interested.

"The Foolproof Psilocybe Cubensis Mycelial Culture Technique" gave me a bit of false hope. That combined with the reports of preparations made from spent cakes working.

In a moment of weakness I thought I saw a shortcut, but it was a dead end :frown:

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" - Edison.

--------------------

Edited by shaggydogman (04/27/07 05:33 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience