Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineInDiCaToRgReEn
Death
    #682781 - 06/16/02 06:37 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

i have been thinking about this a lot lately. I 've just been wondering where the point lies in this exsistance. I drive down the street and see a bunch of weirdos that are fucked up and then i go to work and stare at people and wonder what they are thinking or if they are even aware that they are on a planet in space. Most of the people i hang around with are concerned about that next car or that lottery ticket, sometimes i wonder if the world is even meant to be saved or helped or whatever. Nobody seems to care and i wonder if anything matters but perhaps i might know if i could remember where i came from before earth, it seems without that knowledge it is just a guessing game. There are alot of people out there that make up shit just to fuck with our heads, i guess their just bored. Do you ever wonder if someone out there, maybe just one person knows what its all about, that maybe we got lost and are trying to get home and he has been blessed with the knowledge. I guess i entered the " spiritual journey " in that hope.

I have been thinking lately and wondering who made up God or if something like that exsists, i mean its quite possible to me that hidden within our language are maybe some clues or sayings passed down from the begining of time as a reminder or symbol as in hyroglyphics but even then there would be the skeptics and who could blame them in confused world that still after centuries of time to learn continues to play war games.

i just feel like i seen to much now and i really dont care about anything anymore, everything seems like it was made up out of thin air including emotions and religion, and the obvious one time. I am constantly thinking that hey i have a brain and it picks up signals and deciphers them and i create who i am by the imput of signals. Until the day i die this thing called death which may possibly hold all the secrets will remain a mystery to me cause even if some prophet came along nobody would believe them cause we dont trust each other and we are constantly hurting each other. Myself tells me that it wants to be free, and loved, and i see none of that here. Oh ya i tried that dxm stuff a while ago and it was fuckin crap, i only had about 250 mg and i was fucked for like three days straight, i couldnt walk or talk, i lack the enzyme to fight it off properly. All i remember is walking through rooms in my head and weird shit appearing and dissapearing and i went skitzo and voices were talking to me and telling me to kill things and to protect myself, man that was a weird state of mind, not at all physadelic, and i thought i was going to die, and the worst part was the visuals that lasted for 6 days, i couldnt see properly.

Anyways this is getting long but after i write this i will go out onto my deck for a smoke and wonder how the hell i ended up here or if this is maybe all there is, and that would suck cause i have had a tough life and im thinking about killing myself soon.

--------------------
"oh to be a kid again, not a worry in the world except mybe the lack of bubbles in the bath tub"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
Re: Death [Re: InDiCaToRgReEn]
    #682881 - 06/16/02 07:51 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Once when that feeling of futility was so heavy I was running out of reasons not to kill myself, I made a deal with the earth. If the earth would help me regain my mind and keep me alive, I promised to be her most devoted servant.

Well, she has kept her end of the bargain and then some--man, there's so much in the natural world that will just seduce you. Maybe it sounds corny, but hey, I'm not only still alive, but I feel like I've figured out how to wake up.

So at my end I'm trying to be her most devoted servant. Our culture doesn't make it easy to live an eco-friendly life, but with effort a person can make some headway. I get ripped on in the political forum here and elsewhere--I guess there are some environmentalists that give the cause a bad name. But, we made a deal, me and earth mama, and besides, the servitude I've committed myself to has a lot to do with figuring out how to wake up.

Give it a try. Have it out with earth mama--she's a good listener--and see what kind of arrangement you can come up with. What have you got to lose?

Offline11polakie11
PeripheralCustodian

Loc: G-Ville FLA
    #682896 - 06/16/02 08:06 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

well i think about death and the "meaning" of life and the grand picture of things, and what it means and all that shit - and doing that means trying to run away from the present, from the now, from honesty - at least that has been my finding. Remember, these are deep contemplative issues that usually are rotation and covering a deeper issue, generally fear issues. So if you find yourself cynical about the world, unhappy with whats happening to you, remember that you control your life, you really do, and you make choices all the time - outwardly and most importantly inside, to yourself, that determine how your life is. Now, for spirituality i also look to nature, towards the earth. however I have not made a deal, I simple take the patterns and behaviors of nature as clear cut and consice expression of the nature of the universe, the nature i wish to emulate in my own nature, considering everything is related and i am but a microcosmic expression of the macrocosmic world, I think it would fit my health on all levels to atune and follow the vibrations nature uses. However, it means a lot of difficulties shall come my way, and for most who choose a path such as this, simply because we all do create our own worlds and realities based on our choices, and many people would prefer to control the realities of others, and make them unhappy, rather than face their own selves and fears and change, and usualy change is all that needs to occur.

much love,

adam,

--------------------
-i am waiting for my boyfriend/compainion-
_I wish i were Aeon Flux_

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #683077 - 06/17/02 02:52 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Greetings,

>>Nobody seems to care and i wonder if anything matters but perhaps i might know if i could remember where i came from before earth, it seems without that knowledge it is just a guessing game.

Consciousness and mind exist always...the body is but a temporary home.

>>i just feel like i seen to much now and i really dont care about anything anymore, everything seems like it was made up out of thin air including emotions and religion, and the obvious one time.

Your emotions are pollution that your mind creates. Most people as they mature go through the emotions you're having right now. Don't be defeated by suffering...use your suffering to appreciate the real joy and happiness that is already abundent in your life. Death is a natural part of life. All of existence is suffering; all is impermanent. That doesn't mean you still can't find happiness in it.

>>Myself tells me that it wants to be free, and loved, and i see none of that here.

There is no Self. To not be able to see is your own mental distortion. The love you are looking for exists all around you.

>>Anyways this is getting long but after i write this i will go out onto my deck for a smoke and wonder how the hell i ended up here or if this is maybe all there is, and that would suck cause i have had a tough life and im thinking about killing myself soon.

Life doesn't suck. There are plenty of people in the world who've had worse lives than you. To feel suicidal is a way of taking sympathy on ourselves when nobody else will. I don't want to know your personal details...but realize that all your suffering is a product of the mind. You are placing "blinders" on your consciousness if you only look through hateful eyes. You are in control of your destiny and your own happiness. Do not wallow in regret or feel the victim. Even if you were victimized by the cruelty of another person (as many of us were as kids *wink*) YOU are still in control of seeing those situations for what they were. You can only heal yourself. Do not give up on life! Regardless if you believe in God or not there are many wonders that await you. Be open to the possibility that you CAN make your life full of the joy and happiness you deserve. Suffering is part of life...you will always have trials of tribulation as well as moments of happiness. Don't sell yourself short by thinking you cannot be happy...you can!

Best wishes in your healing.

Love & Light,

Boppity

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: Death [Re: Boppity604]
    #683098 - 06/17/02 03:26 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

As usual a very uplifting post.......you just can't help seeing the silver lining in every dark cloud......can Ya?

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Death [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #683105 - 06/17/02 03:37 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

>>you just can't help seeing the silver lining in every dark cloud......can Ya?

There is no cloud.

Thank you for your kind words Freak! I've "suffered" a lot when I was younger and I just like letting peeps know that you can pull up and take control of your happiness. It doesn't mean you go off and live in an "unreal world"...it just means you have to be mindful of everything going on in your life and always see it for what it truly is. Plus when I read a post like that which shows so much internal upset...it's hard not to try and flash a sign to say it IS okay....ya know?

Much respect to you Freak!!

Love & Light,

Boppity

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #683112 - 06/17/02 03:41 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I truly think it's GR8 that someone who's been over a few of the bumpier patches on the road of life takes the time to recognize and acknowledge another person's predicament and to offer a few words of encouragement......not all of us have that ability to be able to communicate in such a way as to do anyone any good......I'm sure I've got my place here somewhere but at the moment I am not to sure exactly where it is ~*sigh*~

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Death [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #683117 - 06/17/02 03:48 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

>>I'm sure I've got my place here somewhere but at the moment I am not to sure exactly where it is ~*sigh*~

There's always room on my dancefloor for you to join in the dance of life. How's that for a metaphor before breakfast?! hehe Seriously though dude...it's way more difficult to be hateful than grateful...just a little one-liner from my counseling classes. (I used to be a psychology major when I was in college).

Love & Light,

Boppity

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #683129 - 06/17/02 04:04 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Consciousness and mind exist always...the body is but a temporary home.

And you base this grand sweeping statement on what? A book? A mushroom trip?

When the brain is damaged, consciousness decreases in proportion. There is no reason to believe that complete brain death does not equal complete loss of consciousness for that individual.

Even if you are to state that some universal consciousness continues, the individual and all he was and all he ever will be is still annihilated.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Death [Re: 11polakie11]
    #683130 - 06/17/02 04:08 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

...remember that you control your life, you really do

To remember something, you must have known it at one time and then forgotten it.

According to your logic, all of the 911 victims simultaneously "controlled" the airplanes and made them fly into the WTC.

--------------------

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Death [Re: Swami]
    #683157 - 06/17/02 04:29 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

>>And you base this grand sweeping statement on what? A book? A mushroom trip?

Personal spiritual experiences. I have never tripped on shrooms yet Swami. My religion is Lukumi. I've witnessed Orisha possession as well as spirit possession. There is also plenty of evidence of reincarnation in all of the world's different cultures. For me that is proof enough that regardless if I don't understand all of God's mysteries, I know they are there...and that's good enough for me. I simply believe in the continuity of mind...I've seen enough "proof" in my life to not believe in it.

>>There is no reason to believe that complete brain death does not equal complete loss of consciousness for that individual.

Loss of waking/sober consciousness yes...but not all consciousness.

Love & Light,

Boppity

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #683162 - 06/17/02 04:32 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

>>Even if you are to state that some universal consciousness continues, the individual and all he was and all he ever will be is still annihilated.

Not according to Lukumi cosmology. Time does not exist in our philosophy. We are living all our lives currently; past present and future.

Love & Light,

Boppity

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #683167 - 06/17/02 04:34 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

>>According to your logic, all of the 911 victims simultaneously "controlled" the airplanes and made them fly into the WTC.

That's not true. I cannot control you coming over and shooting me in the back of the head...I can only control how I live my life and how I react to all situations in my life. I never stated otherwise.

Love & Light,

Boppity

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#683184 - 06/17/02 04:45 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Not according to Lukumi cosmology. Time does not exist in our philosophy. We are living all our lives currently; past present and future.
Whatever. Despite any spiritual / philosphical mumbo-jumbo to the contrary; we all start at birth get older and then die. That is a linear sequence of events known as "time". If we lived our entire life concurrently, then we would be able to jump around to different points in the same way that we can travel to different countries. However, this is not possible.

The evidence for reincarnation is quite weak and highly suspect. Most of it is anecdotal and does not bear up under close scrutiny.

I never stated otherwise.
Nor did I state that you stated that. Check and see that it was in response to another's post.

--------------------

Anonymous

#683601 - 06/17/02 09:30 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

The evidence for reincarnation is quite weak and highly suspect. Most of it is anecdotal and does not bear up under close scrutiny.

Mmmmhmmmm...

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #683787 - 06/17/02 11:09 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't even call it anecdotal... that implies that there is actually some evidence in the first place.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinemista_grinch
Stranger

Loc: west
    #683856 - 06/17/02 11:56 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

jeezuz...all beings, ants, dogs, people,trees have a life force....and it was given to us for a reason....for god to experience all of our conciousness, since he has no physical body....after being blown up with a pipe bomb, shot at three times, slashed in a bar fight, and just six months ago flew through a windsheild messin up my fuckin pretty face, you start to cherish life and all its beuty....we are all here for a reason, and its up to every individual to figure that out, but ending your life force is not in the plan...some of us just have to learn the hard way befor we see the light....you have it better than 1/2 the worlds population, which is starving as we speak...think about them and be thankful for what you got...yourself, and those who love you.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Death [Re: mista_grinch]
    #683892 - 06/17/02 12:12 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

...for god to experience all of our conciousness, since he has no physical body....after being blown up with a pipe bomb...

God was blown up with a pipe bomb?! Was this on the news? I always though that he was indestructable. How very sad. I always liked him and was going to say a prayer for him, but then who would I pray to? Does this mean that the devil is in charge now?

Rest In Peace

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#683903 - 06/17/02 12:15 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I cannot control you coming over and shooting me in the back of the head...

What the...?! How did you find out about the "contract"? Someone squealed!

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #684123 - 06/17/02 02:21 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Boppity is saying that we have the ability to make the best of every situation.

--------------------

Edited by Revelation (06/17/02 02:23 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order