Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: Your favorite psychedelic quotes [Re: fazdazzle]
    #6834290 - 04/25/07 08:38 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

"All mushrooms are edible, some just once..."

That's an old proverb from Croatia, I believe.

"What we drug people have that you don't is repeatability."- Terence Mckenna

"I believe with the advent of acid, we discovered new ways to think and it has to do with piecing together new thoughts of mind. Why is it that people are so afraid of it? What is it about it that scares people so deeply? Because they are afraid that there is more to reality than they have ever confronted. That there are doors that they are afraid to go in and they don't want us to go in there either, because if we go in there we might learn something that they don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control."

"LSD is that simple thing in life that allows you to look at things in an alternate perspective. Those who try LSD are expanding their outlook on life, merely understanding life's complexity in a more lucid sense. Generally speaking LSD is spoken negatively among the common person due to the reason it's categorized as a "drug". Moreover, life is contingent on the experiences with in one's life; so testing your consciousness with acid simply augments the way in which one exists."

The last two are both Ken Kesey. The really profound things are usually said by people I'm tripping with (or me) and the cosmic significance of them is impossible to describe if you weren't there at the time. "Everything is happening all the time!" for instance.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMithril
Among Other Things

Re: Your favorite psychedelic quotes [Re: DyeGreen]
    #6834307 - 04/25/07 08:41 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

a toss up between a line that McKenna attributes to Leary even though Leary claims he never said it: "LSD is a drug that is capable of causing psychotic behavior in people who are not taking it."
think about it
and
"If life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness does not include the right to experiment with your own consciousness then the declaration of independence is not worth the hemp it was written on." - Terence McKenna

Offlinedjqazi
Stranger
Re: Your favorite psychedelic quotes [Re: Artnotwar]
    #10793083 - 08/03/09 03:47 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Not to be a stickler or anything, but that would mean that our sense of taste takes up 99.9999% of reality.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Your favorite psychedelic quotes [Re: Brewmaster]
    #10793183 - 08/03/09 04:06 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”

Hendrix

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (08/03/09 04:09 PM)

InvisibleFleshCap
FleshCap
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali Underground Flag
Re: Your favorite psychedelic quotes [Re: EllisDSox]
    #10793296 - 08/03/09 04:28 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

"The events of your trip are real...you only doubt it when it's over."

--------------------

OfflineProject
Ride the Spiral

#10793417 - 08/03/09 04:49 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I've got a few quotes I've heard in person...

"You're okay, you're just tripping mushrooms..."

"Whoa!" 10 seconds later...  "WHOA!"

"DUDE!  Come check this out!"

"The toaster is whistling at me!" - This one is from me!  :lol:

OfflineredHue
Champion of the Sun
Male

Loc: the B
    #10793478 - 08/03/09 04:58 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DyeGreen said:

Shrooms are awesome for getting back in touch with your roots.
LSD is for reaching out with your branches.

stolen, for my signature.  i love it, its exactly my relationship with the two most beautiful psychadelics ever...

shit, forgot to contribute:

"“Nobody stopped thinking about those psychedelic experiences. Once you’ve been to some of those places, you think, ‘How can I get back there again but make it a little easier on myself?’”
-Jerry Garcia
Rolling Stone, November '89

"I dunno dude, but those treetops just told me the longest story...can't really remember what it was about though."
-me, to a good buddy, while laying in a hammock in the high country of colorado

--------------------

Edited by redHue (08/03/09 05:16 PM)

OfflineABR516
Stranger

Re: Your favorite psychedelic quotes [Re: redHue]
    #10793720 - 08/03/09 05:36 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

“I think psychedelics play a major part in what we do, but having said that, I feel that if somebody's going to experiment with those things they really need to educate themselves about them. People just taking the chemicals and diving in without having any kind of preparation about what they're about to experience tend to have no frame of reference, so they're missing everything flying by and all these new perspectives. It's just a waste. They reach a little bit of spiritual enlightenment, but they end up going, 'Well, now I need that drug to get back there again.' The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.”

-Maynard James Keenan the man Himself

InvisibleAcidDropper420
I'm from Canada,eh?

Loc: British Columbia Flag
Re: Your favorite psychedelic quotes [Re: ABR516]
    #10794448 - 08/03/09 07:49 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

my dicks a worm-my cousin josh on 4 grams of cubes.

not my favourite but me and my friend on about 7 grams each it was gut busting :rofl2:

--------------------

OfflineBingBing
Stranger

Re: Your favorite psychedelic quotes [Re: AcidDropper420]
    #10795441 - 08/03/09 09:58 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Turn off your mind, relax, and float down stream.

Really, that whole song is a good psychedelic quote. Tomorrow Never Knows by the Beatles

Offlinegrinners
Stranger
Re: Your favorite psychedelic quotes [Re: BingBing]
    #12822115 - 06/29/10 07:39 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BingBing said:
Turn off your mind, relax, and float down stream.

Really, that whole song is a good psychedelic quote. Tomorrow Never Knows by the Beatles

Take from the Psychedelic Experience by Timothy Leary and Ram Dass

Invisiblebdzsmkr365247
𝔽𝕝𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕊𝕒𝕦𝕔𝕖𝕣𝕤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: ȶɦɛ ʍǟɢɨƈ ɢǟʀɖɛռ
Re: Your favorite psychedelic quotes [Re: grinners]
    #12822396 - 06/29/10 09:06 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

"DONT DRINK AND DRIVE, GET HIGH AND FLY"
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

"Mother of God, there I am! Holy fuck..."

--------------------
:trippinballs::trippinballs:

:zombie3::zombie2::zombie5::zombie6::zombie4:                      :kodama:

Offlinemattritt
Mind Chemist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Your favorite psychedelic quotes [Re: fazdazzle]
    #13286651 - 10/03/10 10:11 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

fazdazzle said:
I'm not sure how this quote goes but it's something like...

"I believe the secret to life is only told between the hours of 9 and 5." Hunter S. Thompson

Its "the truth" is never told.

--------------------
**Metaphysical Crystal, Stones, Gems, and Minerals**
Every individual reacts differently to every chemical.
Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.
:bongload:  :gethigh:  "You need more THC to your brain, faster." - Drr  :gethigh:  :bongload:

OfflineOctoberLeigh
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: new york
    #13286679 - 10/03/10 10:18 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineWonkierBubble
Stranger

Re: Your favorite psychedelic quotes [Re: OctoberLeigh]
    #13732983 - 01/05/11 12:16 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

"The man who comes back through the Door in the Wall will never be quite the same as the man who went out.
He will be wiser but less sure, happier but less self-satisfied, humbler in acknowledging his ignorance yet better
equipped to understand the relationship of words to things, of systematic reasoning to the unfathomable mystery
which he tries, forever vainly, to comprehend."

-Aldous Huxely

"When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you."

-Friedrich Nietzche

OfflineBassballs
Stranger
Male

Re: Your favorite psychedelic quotes [Re: WonkierBubble]
    #13733424 - 01/05/11 01:52 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

"Hmm i dunno I think that acid might have been fake, we better take another hit"
2 hrs later
"Hey spaceman! Do you like purple spaghetti?"

-Me and a buddy on our first acid trip

--------------------
There is no type of scientist that holds a greater appreciation for the existence of life than a microbiologist

OfflineBest
Fishbulb
 User Gallery

Loc: Summer of Love
Re: Your favorite psychedelic quotes [Re: Bassballs]
    #13734375 - 01/05/11 09:53 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Here's some good quotes I picked probably on this forum and elsewhere. Some are by famous persons, others I think just by regular joes but still I like them all, or else I wouldn't have saved them :smile:

Doesn’t being scared let you know you’re on to something important? If you’re not scared, you’re not taking a chance. If you’re not taking a chance, then what the hell are you doing?

Once a Buddhist teacher told me this: "You cannot get out by taking. Only by giving."

Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise. ---Surangama Sutra

"There are two ways to look at life. One is though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is" - (A. Einstein)

"Die before you die"

"What kills you makes you stronger"

"You can reinvent yourself only up to the limit of what you're willing to leave behind." - Mark Pesce

"A man's knowledge is like an expanding sphere, the surface corresponding to the boundary between the known and the unknown. As the sphere grows, so does its surface; the more a man learns, the more he realizes how much he doesn't know. Hence, the most ignorant man thinks he knows it all." - L. Sprague de Camp

"One must feel chaos within to give birth to a dancing star"

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. - Carl Jung

Do not let ego control your life.

"Unhappiness is defined as a feeling of being trapped in one's self...in one's own mind.." - buddhist teaching

"it is only to the extent that we are willing to expose ourselves over and over to annihilation that we are able to find that part of ourselves that is indestructable" - pema chodron

“Observe the wonders as they occur around you. Don't claim them. Feel the artistry moving through and be silent.”

“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”

“Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.”

"The western mind is very queasy around these experiences that cast into doubt its cherished illusions about how reality is put together, and when you get to DMT you have hit the main vein."- Terence McKenna

There is no 'they'. There is no 'other'. It is all one

"Our first teacher is our own heart."

"In death, I am born."

OfflineArson420
Stranger
Re: Your favorite psychedelic quotes [Re: Best]
    #13735525 - 01/05/11 02:40 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

This mornings facebook post after a g of gt

"looking and typing this"

OfflineSenceiSquirrel
Stranger
    #15670809 - 01/15/12 07:06 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

"throwing up... Its.. Its essential to life. When a women is pregnet, she gets morning sickness, and throws up, then she gives way to a new life.. Im dieing, ive just thrown up the colors of my soul..... My body is rejecting the mushrooms, i... Ive been reborn."
-me

Said to a friend after throwing up during the peak of my first time trying magic mushrooms.

Offlinesporesmores420
SillyPsybin
 User Gallery

Re: Your favorite psychedelic quotes [Re: SenceiSquirrel]
    #15671769 - 01/15/12 11:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:trippnballs:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder