Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFractal5
Stranger

Were people happier in previous years?
    #6827864 - 04/24/07 02:35 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Like the 70's? Id say no because they all seemed like they needed a cause, a fight, in order to justify themselves, probably mainly cause of all the acid.

but then what about later back, 50's.... 20's, what about the 1800's? time when things where real "simple"

im not expert on things then, and really, no one could answer this, even if they lived then id think they wouldnt be able to answer

but, in any opinion you have, are we moving too fast these days? confusing things? like women arent women anymore, we are forcing integration and diversity, all which are probably things a civilization needs to do to be advanced, but did it all happen to quick and we are in a confused futuristic haze because of it... or are people just people, and no matter what the surrounding, people addapt and live with a predecided humanly "happyness" and "sadness"

its intersting to think about. i say its all the same, id like to hear what others think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIron_Hymen
Shake Hands withBeef
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mass-of-two-shits
Re: Were people happier in previous years? [Re: Fractal5]
    #6828002 - 04/24/07 03:14 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal5 said:
Like the 70's? Id say no because they all seemed like they needed a cause, a fight, in order to justify themselves, probably mainly cause of all the acid.

but then what about later back, 50's.... 20's, what about the 1800's? time when things where real "simple"

im not expert on things then, and really, no one could answer this, even if they lived then id think they wouldnt be able to answer

but, in any opinion you have, are we moving too fast these days? confusing things? like women arent women anymore, we are forcing integration and diversity, all which are probably things a civilization needs to do to be advanced, but did it all happen to quick and we are in a confused futuristic haze because of it... or are people just people, and no matter what the surrounding, people addapt and live with a predecided humanly "happyness" and "sadness"

its intersting to think about. i say its all the same, id like to hear what others think.

Wow. Exactly. Over the years...and even as a kid back in the early and mid 90s. From my experiences, from 1988 to 96, everything was just going great. Until then, from 97 til now, its all this technology and popculture bullshit. And we rely too much importance on little gadgets that we don't even need= like our lives will be ruined. What ever happened to our heads?

If i were to go back in time i'd definately live in the 1960s-70s in my teenage years. Hell yeah.

It's just that money grows and so do the law enforcements. People these days are living in fear. Following what others do in the sense of living in style, traveling in style, buying in style everything style. The reality of nature is fading out. Not everyone can be heard because people can win over others by gossip and being the most rich. Our country should rely on itself and not depend on others, because look where we're at now! Everyone hates what America's doing. Stealing culture and making it into trends,invading into other countries businesses before finding a purpose to resolve a small situation... We are known to be the richest country in the world! Hell everyone could have an equal amount to survive.
But No one knows that thinking for yourself can lead to freedom- letting your house go and to travel the world. People look down on laborers - everyone has to look like something to represent and make others feel proud. But what about for ourselves? Why does it always have to be 'to look good' for other people? I feel that we worry and rely too much on this part. WE LIVE under america's lies, because lies make people happy, but not many feel the need to learn that they're being crapped on.

Me and my man had a talk the other day, we passed some old stones and looked at their years. And assumed and guessed how they died....
The people from our past centuries etc ago lived longer. They were much healthier, grew their own food, worked on farms- produced everything for themselves. Did not know many diseases, viruses, or other sicknesses back then.
It's the stress that brings your immune system down and is known as the easiest killer!

People weren't as unhappy back then as we are right now. People were still discovering the earth without major costs.

Thanks for bringing up your discussion.

--------------------

#1 reason organized religion should be done away with. It's a message, and one that is open to speculation.
"Pray your own prayers and talk to God on your own.He doesn't want a fucking parrot, and he doesn't want a sheep"

GnuBobo:Iron. Hymen. Vitamin.
Be Iron, like Hymen, in Vitamin.
Iron. Hymen. Vitamin.

Edited by Iron_Hymen (04/24/07 03:22 PM)

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #6828006 - 04/24/07 03:15 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

It's all subjective..

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinemoon_glue
Orwell's Post9/11 Era
Male

Loc: Earth, today...
Re: Were people happier in previous years? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6828042 - 04/24/07 03:26 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

i think people just had more space for themselves, more space to enjoy with others, and less people telling them what to do on it

OfflineFractal5
Stranger

#6828049 - 04/24/07 03:29 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
It's all subjective..

exactly, so thats why its interesting to think about at least

i just like to think about how as we go back in time everything seems "simpler" and was, but does that affect the psyche and spirit, or do we create the same happiness from what we have no matter what

thanks for the thoughts Iron_Hymen

OfflineFractal5
Stranger

Re: Were people happier in previous years? [Re: moon_glue]
    #6828059 - 04/24/07 03:32 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

moon_glue said:
i think people just had more space for themselves, more space to enjoy with others, and less people telling them what to do on it

freedom is a good point, thats something that can be used to weigh the different sides better

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
    #6828069 - 04/24/07 03:36 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

My theory is that technology has advanced a billion times faster than the human race could even remotely evolve to adapt to. I mean, we've adapted but just barely. Everyone relies on technology so much, and I think that's why there is so much sadness and depression these days around.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

OfflineIron_Hymen
Shake Hands withBeef
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mass-of-two-shits
Re: Were people happier in previous years? [Re: AlCapwn]
    #6828076 - 04/24/07 03:41 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

AlCapwn said:
My theory is that technology has advanced a billion times faster than the human race could even remotely evolve to adapt to. I mean, we've adapted but just barely. Everyone relies on technology so much, and I think that's why there is so much sadness and depression these days around.

yeah dude. Take IPODS for instance. Somehow everyone can afford shit to buy one. But then in a few months or so, something updates- and then you can't use it anymore. Than fucks up...
Every material possessions or junk we have requires maintenance...
what about maintenance on ourselves?
The trick is not to worry so much.
We have to focus on ourselves and not everyone else so much- because we DON'T WANT to be like them.

--------------------

#1 reason organized religion should be done away with. It's a message, and one that is open to speculation.
"Pray your own prayers and talk to God on your own.He doesn't want a fucking parrot, and he doesn't want a sheep"

GnuBobo:Iron. Hymen. Vitamin.
Be Iron, like Hymen, in Vitamin.
Iron. Hymen. Vitamin.

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
Re: Were people happier in previous years? [Re: Iron_Hymen]
    #6828094 - 04/24/07 03:49 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Not only iPods though, everything. The majority of what we have has appeared in the last 40-50 years.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #6828099 - 04/24/07 03:50 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
It's all subjective..

And very dependent on age :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds