Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBleaK
paradox
When can we read his storey? VA univ guy.
    #6807124 - 04/19/07 12:28 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

yea... why didnt he post it someplace more accessable, the fool.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: When can we read his storey? VA univ guy. [Re: BleaK]
    #6807294 - 04/19/07 01:39 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Found a new hero have you?

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Edited by zorbman (04/19/07 01:43 AM)

Offlinehjalmar
chemist, autist
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Belgica Secunda
Re: When can we read his storey? VA univ guy. [Re: zorbman]
    #6807813 - 04/19/07 08:21 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: When can we read his storey? VA univ guy. [Re: BleaK]
    #6807878 - 04/19/07 08:46 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I have no desire to read something that was advertised by killing innocent people for attention... to me, it is no different than 'blood money'. Let the corpse rot in obscurity. The media should be ashamed for glamorizing the event; it only encourages others to do the same in order to get their few seconds in the spotlight.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: When can we read his storey? VA univ guy. [Re: Seuss]
    #6807988 - 04/19/07 09:35 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

McBeef? :lol:

Anyway, though I do have a bit of interest in the videos I don't know whether I think they should have been broadcast on the news and whatnot.  It is giving the boy a platform to speak.  I don't necessarily believe that this will influence others to take similar actions but perhaps those who are already on their way will see another desirable aftermath event.  Ugh..didn't get that out too well.. but, catch my drift?

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: When can we read his storey? VA univ guy. [Re: elbisivni]
    #6808455 - 04/19/07 11:48 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

> I don't necessarily believe that this will influence others to take similar actions

I disagree... there are tons of copycats in the world. Even this case, the shooter spoke about the Columbine tragedy. The media provides a stage for somebody that commits terrorism or mass murder thus encouraging these idiots to "go out big".

--------------------

Invisibleelbisivni
    #6808471 - 04/19/07 11:52 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Right, that's what I was referring too.

But on the news they interviewed somebody who said the footage should not be shown because it'll show normal kids how they can get their 15 minutes. Normal kids aren't going to do what he did for 15 minutes..

But yes It could quite possibly reinforce the ideas of those already twisted enough.

I don't think he should have been given a platform. But he was and I'm not gonna cry about it ya know?

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

Loc: Classified
    #6821718 - 04/23/07 02:06 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
The media should be ashamed for glamorizing the event; it only encourages others to do the same in order to get their few seconds in the spotlight.

The media believes this to be true, at least NBC does from what my friend was telling me yesterday.

He said that NBC has a policy that when it televises a sporting event that they have strict guidelines not to show any fans rushing the field /court because they feel this will only encourage others to do the same in the future.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: When can we read his storey? VA univ guy. [Re: gregorio]
    #6821897 - 04/23/07 04:51 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

> The media believes this to be true, at least NBC does from what my friend was telling me yesterday.

Pretty sad when NBC Sports has more integrity than NBC News.

--------------------

Offlinetrippindad82
Trusted Cultivator of Trich
Male

Loc: down, down the hole
    #6822523 - 04/23/07 10:06 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> The media believes this to be true, at least NBC does from what my friend was telling me yesterday.

Pretty sad when NBC Sports has more integrity than NBC News.

Well yeah, we don't want to interrupt our sporting events. But who cares if we get to scare the american public into not trusting anyone and just sitting at home. We'll also get to see a bunch of "new" legislation come forth and policies that will restrict people even more.

Although this was a major tragedy, IMO it was an isolated event. Sure, stuff like this happens from time to time, but they are isolated. Every day in Iraq, that many people are killed by bombs. Every day, ~110 people are killed in automobile accidents across the nation (to the tune of ~40,000 people a year). Yet no one sees this as a tragedy because we all drive cars and these deaths are spread out across the nation. When they are isolated and "one" person causes the carnage, we see it differently. Can you imagine how views might change if every day 100 people die from a single incident rather than multiple small events?

I hope you know that I feel the pain caused by this incident. However, just like columbine, it was an incident that was ISOLATED (yes, people tried to copy it). We need to learn how to move on and maybe change the way society treats persons rather than introduce new restrictions on people. Was he nuts? Yeah, but someone/something tripped him into his rage.

--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^

--------------------------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order