Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebukujutsu
Male
Loc: Texas
Things to buy for MJ bag grow?
    #6819867 - 04/22/07 05:05 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Remember that topic I made about growing in trees?
Probably not, but I've started.
I already have one bag in place, but I'm planning on getting 2 or 3 more.
Here are the things I'm planning to buy at home depot:
Vermiculite
Manure
Miracle Grow organic soil

Anything else I should get?
Are there any fertilizers at Home Depot that are good for the vegetative state?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemikemushroom
Castaneda Fan
Male

Loc: Outside Your Window
Re: Things to buy for MJ bag grow? [Re: bukujutsu]
    #6821279 - 04/22/07 11:03 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Personally, I hate the idea of growing in trees. Unless they are evergreens, your MJ is going to stick out in the fall. I would never use any Miracle Gro soil.

Use loam soil. This is the best. The different sized particles allow for a large combination of pore spaces, so it drains well and still retains nutrients and moisture. Don't mix in verm with a loam. You will need 20-30 lbs of aged manure per square yard. Thats a lot of poo to put up in a tree.

The veg growth stage requires large amounts of nitrogen for green leafy growth. It also needs substantially higher levels of phosphorus and potassium. That being said, get a general purpose fertilizer with a high nitrogen content.

You can use coffee grounds (nitrogen) as a top dressing, but a little dab will do. Too much is a bad thing.

MM

--------------------
Want to be of the shaman mind? Carlos Castaneda is the godfather of the New Age Movement which is based off the peyote & shroom eating natives in Mexico.

Read his library of books to expand your mind.

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
    #6821529 - 04/23/07 12:26 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Not to be rude bro, but I highly suggest you check around locally and see if you have a hydroponics shop. You'll find much better supplies.

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Things to buy for MJ bag grow? [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #6822676 - 04/23/07 10:49 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

can the miracle gro and look for something called promix, you can pick it up at most garden shops and SHOULD be able to grab it at home depot. Then find some guano and fish emulsions to mix in.

I also second the not growing in a tree idea. Way too much hassle, especially if you're vegging your plant for the whole summer. You have any idea what a pain in the ass its going to be to lug water, nutes, pots, soil, etc up a tree?

IMO find a remote spot with some bushes, string up some fishing line to help prevent animals eating your crops, and grow that way.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
    #6823008 - 04/23/07 12:37 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bukujutsu said:
Remember that topic I made about growing in trees?

indeed i do...

Quote:

uarewotueat said:
honestly i think it could be about the worst grow plan ever...

but funny still... good luck! :lol:

pick up some stilts while u are out at the store :wink:

--------------------
View My Gallery

Offlinemikemushroom
Castaneda Fan
Male

Re: Things to buy for MJ bag grow? [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #6823420 - 04/23/07 02:15 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I piss in one litter coke bottles, and I poke 2 small holes in the side. I bury the bottle but leave the holes exposed. I repeat this every 20 days or so. Hair clipping repel deer as well, but don't use your own hair or anyone's living with you (DNA).

Coda is right. Trees are just a bad idea. Jorge Cerventas mentions it in the "bible", but he is not fond of the idea.

Planting in bushes is always a good idea. I use brier patches. Try to find an area with lots of poison ivy, stinging nettles, etc. Nobody wants to walk through that. Milk thistle is suppose to stay green late in the fall. It is worth trying. I am going to do that this year.

I have grown hydroponically indoors for several years, but I am taking a break. I am just going to work on my stealth teks. WTF, ya know?

MM

--------------------
Want to be of the shaman mind? Carlos Castaneda is the godfather of the New Age Movement which is based off the peyote & shroom eating natives in Mexico.

InvisibleBlueDruid
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Things to buy for MJ bag grow? [Re: mikemushroom]
    #6823560 - 04/23/07 02:48 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

You can't get DNA from hair unless you have the rootball attached to the hair - you won't get that in clippings.

Offlinebukujutsu
Male
Re: Things to buy for MJ bag grow? [Re: BlueDruid]
    #6824636 - 04/23/07 07:48 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Oops, I should've explained it some more.
#1)There are no large wild animals around here. No racoons or anything like that that will mess with my plants.
#2)the tree is in my backyard.
Yes, it's risky, but I really have no other option. I can get water up there easily.
It's fairly easy for me to climb.
Seriously, due to the structure of the tree I can hide about 3 bags in it no problem.
I don't know what type it is, but it has really bushy leaf formations and branches out from a super thick base.
Oh yeah, it is sorta evergreen like.
It never becomes bare.
It's also in quite a desolate area.
Ah, I forgot I took pics:

http://tinyurl.com/27gzq7

http://tinyurl.com/ynn62l

I think I'll go with the promix coda suggested.
All it needs is fish emulsion and guano to mix in, right?
Do you think it'll do well in dry locations?
I'm in southern california.

Also, how much proMix do you think I'd need for 3 indica plants?
Specifically, Hindu Kush(short and bushy).

Edited by bukujutsu (04/23/07 10:07 PM)

Offlinemikemushroom
Castaneda Fan
Male

#6831127 - 04/25/07 08:35 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

BlueDruid said:
You can't get DNA from hair unless you have the rootball attached to the hair - you won't get that in clippings.

This is true, but we shed approx. a 1000 hairs a day. This could be an issue with long hair. They CAN compare hairs. I doubt it would be enough for a warrant, but I'll just piss in bottles...lol.

MM

--------------------

Offlinemikemushroom
Castaneda Fan
Male

#6831163 - 04/25/07 08:50 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bukujutsu said:
Oops, I should've explained it some more.
#1)There are no large wild animals around here. No racoons or anything like that that will mess with my plants.
#2)the tree is in my backyard.
Yes, it's risky, but I really have no other option. I can get water up there easily.
It's fairly easy for me to climb.
Seriously, due to the structure of the tree I can hide about 3 bags in it no problem.
I don't know what type it is, but it has really bushy leaf formations and branches out from a super thick base.
Oh yeah, it is sorta evergreen like.
It never becomes bare.
It's also in quite a desolate area.
Ah, I forgot I took pics:

http://tinyurl.com/27gzq7

http://tinyurl.com/ynn62l

Also, how much proMix do you think I'd need for 3 indica plants?
Specifically, Hindu Kush(short and bushy).

Okay, so your growing in the back yard. No problem at all, just build a fiberglass greenhouse. Your local hardware store will cut the fiberglass for you. It will look like a small lean-to, and it would be up against your house. The lid should have a hinged vent, and the fiberglass will allow enough light to come through. This is one of the easiest outdoor stealth teks I know of, as long as smell is not an issue, and you are in the backyard.

Scratch the tree idea. It just makes me nervous and I would feel really shitty if I recommended such a thing and you failed or got pinched.

Remember: the most important thing is security. In my state, your plant in a tree idea would cost you 10 years. Its just not worth it for that reason alone.

MM

--------------------

InvisibleBlueDruid
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Things to buy for MJ bag grow? [Re: mikemushroom]
    #6831409 - 04/25/07 10:04 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Looking at the pictures of the tree I don't know what it is but the leaves look like a Yucca. I know it isn't but if the leaves are anything like a Yuccas in sharpness/spikieness you cut yourself to shreds.

Offlinebukujutsu
Male
    #6833999 - 04/25/07 07:25 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The greenhouse is a good idea, but when I said the tree is my only option I meant it. Seriously, no other option, no use in suggesting something else.

BlueDruid the plant is defenitely a yucca. My arms have already gotten pretty scratched up, but the wounds are pretty small, so it doesn't really bother me.

I still need to know this:
At what ratio should I mix it in?

Offlinebukujutsu
Male
    #6843010 - 04/27/07 09:18 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Codaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
Codaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!

Yeah, anyways, I went to home depot today and couldn't find any promix so I bought 2 cubic foot bags of steer manure, 2 2.5 pound bags of blood meal and 1 bag of bone meal.
Could this be used as a substitute for fish emulsions and guano?
I could only find liquid fish emulsion, should I buy it or find the powdered kind?

Tommorow I'm gonna go to lowes to look for promix.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#6843123 - 04/27/07 09:48 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

sorry man, if you can't find it at lowes check a garden supply store, it's just a soiless mix and it's pretty easy to find in online stores.

check out this link: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=53792&highlight=Bone+meal

it contains a few recipes you can try. Recipe number 1 looks like it will be the easiest to find the materials for. If you haven't already try searching for a hydro shop, an hrs drive isn't so bad if you don't want to order online and can't find what need anywhere else. I don't know where you live but i bet there's a hydro shop somewhere near you.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Edited by coda (04/27/07 09:50 PM)

Offlinebukujutsu
Male
Re: Things to buy for MJ bag grow? [Re: coda]
    #6843287 - 04/27/07 10:26 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Oh yeah, sometimes I see a green thumb hydroponics van driving around. There's actually a place near me. Oy, hope it's not too suspicious.
Thanks a lot coda!

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#6843388 - 04/27/07 10:52 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

no problem. :smile:

--------------------

-JG

Offlinebukujutsu
Male
Re: Things to buy for MJ bag grow? [Re: coda]
    #6846602 - 04/28/07 07:44 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Agh, seriously, I drove around today and couldn't find any promix!

Is there any other mix that's just/almost as good?
I could get 40 pounds of verm for $20 and a bale of coir for a pretty low price, would this mix work?

Oh yeah, I was able to get all the things for recipe #1. Bone meal, blood meal, kelp meal, and jersey greensand.

I'll try again tommorow.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
    #6846756 - 04/28/07 08:28 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Just get Ocean Forest from the hydro shop. Everything is added already just use it out of the bag. Seems to work

Now you can lug water up the tree in your backyard or you can hide a small hose that runs up to the plant pot with a disconnect at the bottom of the tree. Hook up, turn on the water and done in 30 seconds with way less chance being seen hauling water up a tree. Black hose used in drip lines would be best and easy to hide.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinebukujutsu
Male
Re: Things to buy for MJ bag grow? [Re: Magash]
    #6846953 - 04/28/07 09:13 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Agh, I spent $15 of my own money on the kelp and greensand.
I knew foxwarm would've worked just fine, should've used it since the start.
Well, i can return the stuff for store credit.
How many bags would I need for 3 indica plants(hindu kush, low stress trained)?
I'm going to use camoflouged grow bags, about 8 gallons.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#6847016 - 04/28/07 09:26 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

wait, you could have gotten fox farm the whole time? lol, well shit, i only suggested the promix and other stuff because i thought FF wasn't available to you. I'm surprised you can't find the promix, two garden centers down here carry large ass bags of it, that's why i suggested it to you.

Make sure you get some perlite, some dolomitic lime, and maybe a little peat or coir to cut the FF with. It can get a little hot as i found out and burn your plants. I'm pretty sure it's 1 tbs of lime for every gallon of soil. You can still use those nutes for organic teas if you want, some people don't even bother with nutes when using a rich soil like FF, search ICmag.com for "lazy growing", interesting thread.

--------------------

-JG

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order