Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: elaspeinreason]
    #6830985 - 04/25/07 07:41 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Being gay is not a choice, its not like I woke up one morning and thought "geeze, how can I piss off my parents, possibly alienate my friends, and increase the amount of difficulty in my life?"

The only choice I have in being gay is - do I live an open and honest life? Or, do I lie to

- my friends
- my family
- my co-workers
- my lovers
- my children

And try to live the 'straight' life and date women, get married and have children? That is one pretty big deceptive life to live, and one that could possibly ruin a family if your dirty little secret ever came out.

If there has been any lesson that my parents have taught me, its to be : Honest, Open and Respectful, and to lie about being gay is to go against the biggest things my parents have EVER taught me, and that is far more disrespectful than being gay.

I've tried being with girls - tried dating them, tried having sex, I've made out with plenty of them - and every time, there is just that 'something' thats not there, that doesn't feel right/natural for me. Yeah, at the end of the day I suppose I could *FORCE* it, but that is not a healthy or honest way to live my life. It lacks that spark, that click, that undefinable feeling in my chest that I get when I'm with another man.

Now personally, I think that its Bullshit that the kid got suspended, he had every right to wear that straight sticker, and think that the school was in the wrong for suspending him.

Edited by kaniz (04/25/07 07:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineelaspeinreason
psychonaut
Male

Loc: fairfax virginia
Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #6830995 - 04/25/07 07:44 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

hence the " damn those " ..the nipples are more ofset than the eyes in your avatar

--------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one

Diploid said:
What's with proclaiming freedom by abridging freedom? That makes no sense.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: poke smot!]
    #6831104 - 04/25/07 08:28 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

poke smot! said:
A Christian student

That's why. He's a fucking liar.

I'll bet he just got done sucking off his pastor.

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: poke smot!]
    #6831111 - 04/25/07 08:29 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

haha

who is also his father

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6831528 - 04/25/07 10:27 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

While that kid is an awful jackass, there shouldn't have been any disciplinary actions.

OfflineKamin
Male

Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: Redstorm]
    #6831615 - 04/25/07 10:43 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Who the fuck cares if he wants to wear a sticker like that. It's not like he said "Kill gays" or something ridiculous like that.
He was merely voicing his disagreement with the school sponnsoring the event. Just because I think the day shouldn't be supported by public schools doesn't mean I hate gay people. Those wishing to censor religious views are being completely hypocritical. People have made the line between expressing beliefs and offensive bigotry way too thin.

Edited by Kamin (04/25/07 10:44 AM)

InvisibleTaharka
The Root of the Problem

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: Drewski]
    #6831625 - 04/25/07 10:43 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Drewski said:
just think about this...what is the point of being gay? once you are gay you render your natural uses as an animal/mammal/human useless.  you are basically disrespecting your family and everything they stand for (im sure being gay isnt even close to anything your family beleives in otherwise you wouldnt have one, as explained in the second sentence) because you are refusing to extend the legacy of your family which can be traced generations back.  but if another mans love is more important to the future exesistance of your whole families legacy then i guess gay rights are great.

Right, because in the 21st century in post-industrial America (or anywhere in the world, at any time period, for that matter) the number one purpose of sentient, sapient human beings is reproduction, and our society is structured in such a way that keeping a "bloodline" alive is important. :rolleyes:

We will never be free from racism and sexual-orientation-ism as long as we continue to acknowledge their existance. Dedicating a day to gay rights is almost as damaging as punishing this student for expressing his opinion. We should completely and utterly legalize gay marriage, grant homosexuals the same priveleges that everyone else has, and move on, allowing intolerant people to protest, and ignoring them.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: Kamin]
    #6831798 - 04/25/07 11:23 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe he was gay and he thought the sticker would change that.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineUlcerPentacidis
psilophile

Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #6831802 - 04/25/07 11:25 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

this is a bit off topic, but what the hell:

Quote:

The AFA (American Family Association) is expecting
an overwhelming majority of respondents to say that they would be

'less likely'

to do business with a company if they knew it supported the
"homosexual agenda" - whatever that is. So far, they are getting the
results they seek. Of course, they are only sending it where they will
get the expected results.

Let's change the outcome by completing the 1-question survey and
sending
it to everyone we know who is tired of this archaic and hateful way of
thinking.

Follow the link below to take action on this important issue. Go to and
pass it on

http://www.afa.net/petitions/businesses/businesses.asp

I have no idea as to how the AFA plans to use this survey,
but rest assured that it won't be for good. It takes 1 second to fill out..

only takes like a minute for real.

--------------------
µgrammar

Offlineartyjames
Hippie Kid
Male
Loc: LA
    #6832130 - 04/25/07 12:29 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

church and state are now simply one in the same...

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: Drewski]
    #6832145 - 04/25/07 12:31 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I don't get the whole concept of "gay pride." What the fuck is there to be so proud of?

You go tell your family, friends, classmates/coworkers that you're gay. Kiss your boyfriend farewell in public. Being openly gay, the way God intended us to be, in most societies takes quite some courage nowadays. Wherever the Christians went in the world, they took their hate with them. Were it not for the historic influence of christianity and islam, most of the world's cultures would stand fairly neutral towards homosexuality. But then again, ere it not for the historic influence of christianity and islam, most of the world's cultures would still exist.

Quote:

what is the point of being gay?

To love in a way which comes natural :heart:

Quote:

once you are gay you render your natural uses as an animal/mammal/human useless.

Thats rather sad if you believe that. Procreation is important, but it is not the be-all, end-all of the human experience. Surely individuals can be of more use to the species than merely breeding?

Quote:

you are basically disrespecting your family and everything they stand for

If all your family stands for is bigotry and intolerance then they should be disrespected. But what kind of deranged notion is it that being gay disrespects your parents and forefathers?

Quote:

because you are refusing to extend the legacy of your family which can be traced generations back. but if another mans love is more important to the future exesistance of your whole families legacy then i guess gay rights are great.

If you're so DNA minded: chances are good that all the genes that can be found in you can be found in people who haven't had sex with your family for thousands of years.

Some people don't procreate. This can be due to choice, celibacy, homosexuality, sterility or a myriad of reasons. And this is how it should be. This is OK. Nature works fine the way it is. If you look at how many species have homosexual behaviors among them, then it should become patently clear to you that mother nature explicitly wants homosexuals to exist. Perhaps a hundred million years from now you have three genders, a third gender which extracts the sperm and the egg from the man and woman, inserts a gene packet and hatches babies for the three of them. Who knows, but in this stage of evolution it is very clear that there should be homosexuality.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: artyjames]
    #6832154 - 04/25/07 12:32 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

artyjames said:
church and state are now simply one in the same...

^^^^ Bit of a stretch...

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: UlcerPentacidis]
    #6832167 - 04/25/07 12:35 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I agree they shouldn't have suspended the kid, but what's funny is the christian/jewish homophobia comes from the bible story of sodom and gomorah.  You know, the one where lot's wife was turned to a pillar of salt because she turned around to look while 'god' was destroying every man, woman and child in the city. . .

The contradiction here is that homosexuality was condemned to the point of mass murder, but later on, when lot got drunk and fucked his two daughters, getting both pregnant, all was ok.  No condemnation for incest.  In fact, the bible says it was all the little girls fault for getting their daddy drunk and seducing him...Yea right. :shrug:
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: Asante]
    #6832207 - 04/25/07 12:42 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Homosexuality helps us decide who we will kill first when we realize the cold truth that over-population brings. Basicly, Homosexuals are mother nature's answer to over-population. It's kind of funny when you think about it because most straight people don't like to admit that the gays will one day save the planet.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: Cowgold]
    #6832217 - 04/25/07 12:45 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

So if I speed, you should pay the ticket?
Great dealio there.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: Asante]
    #6832256 - 04/25/07 12:52 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Just mail me the ticket and forget all about it.  I'll take care of everything.  :uptosomething:

InvisibleTaharka
The Root of the Problem

Folding@home Statistics
    #6833954 - 04/25/07 07:10 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cowgold said:
Homosexuality helps us decide who we will kill first when we realize the cold truth that over-population brings.

I think that's going a bit too far. The majority of people aren't homosexual, and if *killing people* to reduce population ever comes up at all, I doubt who lives and who dies will be deliniated according to sexual orientation. And even then, it won't be explicitly the heterosexuals who are singled out for killing [just because they're straight] or the homosexuals spared.

OfflineRadiant
Fungi Fanatic
Male User Gallery

#6834001 - 04/25/07 07:25 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cowgold said:
Homosexuality helps us decide who we will kill first when we realize the cold truth that over-population brings. Basicly, Homosexuals are mother nature's answer to over-population. It's kind of funny when you think about it because most straight people don't like to admit that the gays will one day save the planet.

I think gay people are the answer to over-population there pretty much the only people that don't breed.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: Taharka]
    #6834007 - 04/25/07 07:27 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

When we find water on another planet we'll just ship off all the homos (keep a few lesbieans... err... alot).

OfflinePopTop
I'll cut yourfeet!!

Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: Flipz]
    #6834063 - 04/25/07 07:42 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I am king of the beef pies!

--------------------
Please be careful when picking up Poptops with hankys. A Poptop can cut a Hanky.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order