Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Onlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Still in season [Re: MichiganPsiloX]
    #7035675 - 06/11/07 10:13 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

There are no macroscopic differences. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: Still in season [Re: falcon]
    #7037002 - 06/12/07 07:19 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know about differences. I don't know if I have ever found p. caerulipes.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Season slowing down [Re: shroomydan]
    #7076271 - 06/21/07 05:02 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

It being the first day of summer, I jumped on my bike this morning to see if any mushrooms were about. The season is not over yet, but the bluefoot are fruiting in much few numbers than they were a few weeks ago.

Here are few shots of one of my bluefoot patches.

Most of the bluefoot I found were being attacked by mold. I've been seeing this mold on them all season, but the warm dry weather seems to be making it worse. :frown:

I did find a few nice specimens though. :smile:

I found few other neat mushrooms as well.

Small Pluteus

Little Inky Caps

Coon's favorite mushroom. :wink:

Little Gym

Not sure about this guy.

Eyelash cup. :smile:

Black raspberries are coming into season, and the wine berries are not far behind.

Black Raspberry

Wine Berry buds.

I also found some wild lilies, the picture does not do them justice.

It was a pretty good day hunting. :smile:

Invisiblecoon
big odd son

Loc: behind the rows....
Re: Season slowing down [Re: shroomydan]
    #7076309 - 06/21/07 05:09 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

black footed polypore. :shake:

beautiful pics dan,better luck for me next year maybe.thats the exact look of the land I've been hunting,a tributary of.... well you know.:igor:

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #7076838 - 06/21/07 07:17 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

day for parasitic mold finds. i'm more confident your unknown is a hypomyces infection.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleBoomers420
Young Hand
 User Gallery

Loc: 710 Ashbury, SF, CA
Re: Season slowing down [Re: coon]
    #7076839 - 06/21/07 07:17 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

The last week i haven't found any bluefoots in any of my patches. I think the temps have gotten too hot and the lack of rain around cincinnati hasn't helped any. Luckily I found that huge patch in may so I have plenty to hold me over.

InvisibleMead

#7077307 - 06/21/07 08:52 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

shroomydan said:

Here are few shots of one of my bluefoot patches.

I've stalked probably 300 piles just like those along the rivers and creeks here and never found one...maybe it's because the 100 year flood last year? But there's miles and miles of piles of trees and dead knotweed everywhere, and I only find Mycenae or the occasional Gym.
I don't think they grow in my area of NY state(southern, 10 min from Pennsylvania.):mad2:

Nice stuff tho :thumbup:

OfflineGanjikaAranyaka
Stranger

Re: Season slowing down [Re: Mead]
    #7080514 - 06/22/07 04:47 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

ok i need to finally get this settled....

Is this a bluefoot or am a way off?....the base of teh stem is bruised a blueish color so idk what to think...i really dont have much else to go on,...i couldnt even get a decent spore print for some reason but what i did get seemed to be dark colored

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Season slowing down [Re: GanjikaAranyaka]
    #7080569 - 06/22/07 05:03 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

The base of the stem looks more purple than blue in those photos. I wouldn't eat it unless it has a dark-purplush-brown spore print and the stem and cap bruise blue a few minutes after they are damaged.

A nice clear photo of the gills would help ID it.

OfflineGanjikaAranyaka
Stranger

Re: Season slowing down [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #7080619 - 06/22/07 05:15 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

....and below is the sporeprint i took. you can barely see anything and i let the cap sit for about 9 hours!!!!WTF!!!:mad: (i set it up before i went to bed and then checked it in the morning)....you can see a little bit of something..idk know if their spores though.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #7080635 - 06/22/07 05:21 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

It is still hard to tell what it is. I will guess that the spore print color is brown due to the gill color. If that is the case, this mushroom is likely to be in the genus Hebeloma, a large and confusing genus with no edible or active members.

It could also be a Cortinarius, or something else. I suggest that you go back to the place you found it and get some younger specimens which will drop a spore print. Post these photos plus photos of younger specimens (especially the underside) in a new ID request thread, and someone should be able to give you a good guess.

OfflineGanjikaAranyaka
Stranger

#7080665 - 06/22/07 05:31 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

sounds good....

I hope i can find some more though because this was the only one in that particular spot.....but I'll go check it out tommorow, maybe the rains have brought a few more up :grin:

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

#7080816 - 06/22/07 06:08 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I think that is a Cortinarius.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #7081160 - 06/22/07 07:32 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

You are right, that is a cort for sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortinarius

OfflineSiekoaktiv
version 2.0
Male

#7081354 - 06/22/07 08:32 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Hey shroomydan, where do you live? I'm wondering because in some of those pictures, the habitat looks a lot like an area near my house... I know it's not the same place, but the habitat is similar... maybe I'll be lucky enough to find some bluefoot's later this year.

--------------------
I'm in need of a sterile sporeprint, if anyone wants to do a trade for some seeds or something, or maybe just for free if you have a lot of them............. i'd really appreciate it :mushroom2:

NuggetPorch said - "YES! YES!!!! Coaster its Faint, but its fucking there YOU see it!!! Perhaps we are both on some sort of unusual wave length associated with unusual neuro-transmitters, mind expansion white light, or something we can not even begin to understand or fathom to conceive because it is a gift of insight or a curse given to us by powers beyond our control, something we are not meant to know."

OfflineJair
Smeghead
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
Re: Season slowing down [Re: Siekoaktiv]
    #7081363 - 06/22/07 08:37 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Siekoaktiv said:
Hey shroomydan, where do you live? I'm wondering because in some of those pictures, the habitat looks a lot like an area near my house... I know it's not the same place, but the habitat is similar... maybe I'll be lucky enough to find some bluefoot's later this year.

Better hurry, the season is wrapping up. I think I've finally found a nice habitat for some Blues but the weather is shite.

--------------------

OfflineGanjikaAranyaka
Stranger

Re: Still in season [Re: Jair]
    #7083618 - 06/23/07 01:01 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i think i actually may have found a bluefoot...most of the stem is bruised blue and the cap looks somewhat like a sombrero...I'll post a pic and sporeprint in a little while....

Edited by GanjikaAranyaka (06/23/07 04:17 PM)

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Last hunt of the season. [Re: GanjikaAranyaka]
    #7087752 - 06/24/07 03:29 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I jumped on my bike today and rode about 15 miles to one of my best patches. I really was not expecting to find much, but it has been cool and rainy for a few days, so I thought maybe I would find some fruits.

I did find a few.

This patch had nearly a hundred mushrooms at its peak in late May, but now it's down to like six. All of my small patches have stopped fruiting entirely, and the big ones are down to producing a few tiny shrooms. I'm calling the season over in these parts.

InvisibleMead

Re: Last hunt of the season. [Re: shroomydan]
    #7087821 - 06/24/07 03:53 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Do you still hunt along the waterways mainly?

Nice late season finds, hopefully some rain'll prolong the season for ya

good luck in the future :thumbup:

OfflineSiekoaktiv
version 2.0
Male

Re: Season slowing down [Re: Jair]
    #7087825 - 06/24/07 03:54 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Jair said:
Quote:

Siekoaktiv said:

Better hurry, the season is wrapping up. I think I've finally found a nice habitat for some Blues but the weather is shite.

Same with me, it hasn't rained in quite a while, it's just really hot and dry. It sucks, because it seems like it's the perfect habitat...

--------------------
I'm in need of a sterile sporeprint, if anyone wants to do a trade for some seeds or something, or maybe just for free if you have a lot of them............. i'd really appreciate it :mushroom2:

NuggetPorch said - "YES! YES!!!! Coaster its Faint, but its fucking there YOU see it!!! Perhaps we are both on some sort of unusual wave length associated with unusual neuro-transmitters, mind expansion white light, or something we can not even begin to understand or fathom to conceive because it is a gift of insight or a curse given to us by powers beyond our control, something we are not meant to know."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder