Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Good news from Amsterdam regarding possible mushroom ban...
    #6818149 - 04/22/07 06:03 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I'm sure many of you have already read about the proposed mushroom ban in the Netherlands...  For those who don't know; the proposed ban came about after a girl jumped from a bridge in a shopping mall, killing herself, whilst under the influence of mushrooms and alcohol.

So yesterday, I went to Amsterdam and talked to many of the Smart-shop owners regarding the proposed mushroom ban.  I explained that I was worried that mushrooms may no longer be available soon, and if this was to be the case, then I wanted to buy a grow-kit or two from them.

Well, despite that, it seems that the unanimous view is that it is extremely unlikely that mushrooms will banned.  Apparently, it is nothing more than media hype, and the tourist attraction that mushrooms provide is far too important for the Dutch to give up.  :smile:

The situation seems to be looking good.

Edited by TurricaN (04/22/07 06:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Good news from Amsterdam regarding possible mushroom ban... [Re: TurricaN]
    #6818172 - 04/22/07 06:23 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Mushrooms are only illegal anywhere if you're silly enough to get caught.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Re: Good news from Amsterdam regarding possible mushroom ban... [Re: Hanky]
    #6818200 - 04/22/07 06:39 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

That's not entirely true.

Mushrooms are illegal as soon as you can't get them through a convenient and trustworthy legal means.

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #6818203 - 04/22/07 06:40 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

No, mushrooms are no problem until you get caught.

I pick them, I dry them, I give them away, no problem.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
    #6818227 - 04/22/07 06:52 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

You clearly don't understand.

There is much more to this than getting caught. Right now, I can take a short walk into town and pick up a box of pre-weighed mushrooms of several different types (including my favourite; Copelandia Cyanescans) and get reliable and honest advice about them from someone who knows about the product they're selling.

If mushrooms were illegal, I could no longer do that. Copes are incredibly difficult to grow and practically impossible to find. Growing mushrooms requires a lot of time and effort (because it's not always possible to pick them). And of course, when picking them, there's always a risk of getting something that is poisonous.

Your mindset shows weakness and acceptance towards the law; you've become used to the inconveniences of the way things are in your society, and you're not prepared to accept that this can work better in a society where mushrooms are legal.

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #6818237 - 04/22/07 06:59 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I can walk to my freezer and obtain as many doses as I like.

I'm not accepting of the current drug laws in my country, I just realise that they are as good as pointless unless I get caught.

Sorry to take your thread off on a tangent.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#6818242 - 04/22/07 07:02 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

the tourist attraction that mushrooms provide is far too important for the Dutch to give up.

Thats not true. Druggie tourists are a pain. They OD, jump of bridges and make intoxicated asses of themselves in public, leading to Holland getting a bad name and european governments put pressure on us for illegalizing it.

If only drug tourists were stealthy about their use or didn't come to our country to begin with. They are a pain.

There is a bunch of windmill-neocons and tulip fundamentalists, rightwing jackasses in other words, that have gained a foothold in Dutch politics. The more conservative rightwingers among them want to illegalize weed and mushrooms and try all sorts of underhanded schemes to get it on the agenda.

The drug tourists make sure that there always is a scandal or tragedy for them to aim their illegalizing attempts at.

Common sense is failing in Holland. I wouldn't be surprised if within a few years from now weed and mushrooms actually are illegalized.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #6818251 - 04/22/07 07:09 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TurricaN said:
and get reliable and honest advice about them from someone who knows about the product they're selling.

In 1997 a guy in an amsterdam mushroom shop told me that "one white dot from an aminita will get four people tripping, that's why we can't sell them".

:smirk:

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
    #6818257 - 04/22/07 07:11 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Hanky said:

That's only the end of the story. Those doses didn't just magically appear in your freezer.

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:Thats not true. Druggie tourists are a pain. They OD, jump of bridges and make intoxicated asses of themselves in public, leading to Holland getting a bad name and european governments put pressure on us for illegalizing it.

So one person (who wouldn't have had mushrooms in the first place, had it been up to the smart shops) jumped off a bridge and now you think everyone is OD'ing, jumping off bridges and making asses of themselves?

Have you ever actually been to Amsterdam? I go there regularly and it's nothing like that.

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
    #6818258 - 04/22/07 07:12 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Hanky said:
In 1997 a guy in an amsterdam mushroom shop told me that "one white dot from an aminita will get four people tripping, that's why we can't sell them".

:smirk:

There are always rare exceptions to the norm.

Then again, I wasn't around Amsterdam in 1997, perhaps things have improved?

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #6818260 - 04/22/07 07:13 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TurricaN said:
Quote:

Hanky said:

That's only the end of the story. Those doses didn't just magically appear in your freezer.

You're right, I had to actually leave my house and walk around public parks collecting them, shock horror!

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
    #6818271 - 04/22/07 07:18 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Hanky said:
You're right, I had to actually leave my house and walk around public parks collecting them, shock horror!

Exactly why I mentioned inconvenience - I can just go to a shop and get them.  I know which is both easier and safer. :laugh:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Good news from Amsterdam regarding possible mushroom ban... [Re: Asante]
    #6818278 - 04/22/07 07:24 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
If only drug tourists were stealthy about their use or didn't come to our country to begin with. They are a pain.

unfortunately they're just as bad when we're calling them citizens, the smart thing to do is to ban sales to anyone wearing this

and especialy this.. ban then from entry

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#6818297 - 04/22/07 07:34 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

So one person (who wouldn't have had mushrooms in the first place, had it been up to the smart shops) jumped off a bridge and now you think everyone is OD'ing, jumping off bridges and making asses of themselves?

My words to you are "overlast door drugstoerisme". You live in Apeldoorn so you probaby heard of the phrase.

If you're aware of the Dutch situation you know that drug tourism and its excesses are always used by the conservatives to try put a stop to the gedoogbeleid.

Our former minister of justice (Donner of the CDA) wanted to close down the coffeeshops, but was held back. He even made a retarded rap song to try win the young people over for his private war on marijuana. If it were up to Donner, there wouldn't BE coffeeshops now, and no smartshops either.

Reality isn't important, what politicians think is. And an image is cultivated among them by people lobbying to get weed and shrooms illegalized again. The excesses of drug tourism are used by the anti-drug lobby.

And don't say there's no overlast or bitching about overlast. And when the drug tourists go back to the UK, Germany, Belgium and France they take hundreds of grams of mostly weed and ecstasy with them, which gets found in their cars and theres even more bitching.

Drug tourists cause overlast when they're here and cause an insane amount of the drug-trafficking to the surrounding countries.

You used to be able to go to a coffeeshop as a 16yo in the early 1990s and were legally able to buy 30 grams of weed there. Gedogen meant something in those days.

Now you got to be 18, cannot park your car or smoke in the same street, can buy a maximum of 5 grams, often have to show your passport or other ID and theres even early discussion about a biometric ID card that registers who buys how many weed when and where.

This is all thanks to consistent pressure by the rightwingers, aided by politicians from surrounding nations, caused by DRUG TOURISM.

If only the Dutch smoked pot, we'd still be in the cannabis haven of the 80s, early 90s I grew up in. And a haven it was! Holland was so cool back then in many ways.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #6818298 - 04/22/07 07:34 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

There is a bunch of windmill-neocons and tulip fundamentalists, rightwing jackasses in other words, that have gained a foothold in Dutch politics.

Are those actual terms used by people or made up by you? :laugh:

It sounds like you're right in the homefront for this terrible mess, are there any grassroots movements to work with the headshop policies to be more selective in their customers?  An Acid Test if you will?

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #6818306 - 04/22/07 07:41 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TurricaN said:
Quote:

Hanky said:

Exactly why I mentioned inconvenience - I can just go to a shop and get them.  I know which is both easier and safer. :laugh:

Easy? I have to walk no more than a kilometer from my front door.  Safer?  Well I can say that I haven't been attacked by aliens yet while going on such a foray.

What was your point again?

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Good news from Amsterdam regarding possible mushroom ban... [Re: schmutzen]
    #6818312 - 04/22/07 07:45 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

windmill-neocons and tulip fundamentalists

Quote:

Are those actual terms used by people or made up by you?

Well ofcourse I made those words up, but I intend to say that Holland has the same ermm.. "conservative forces" as America they just weren't as vocal until a short while ago. We have christians in our "senate" who feel that women shouldn't be voting, and only last year a christian fundamentalist party decided that women could become equal members of their party.

Quote:

It sounds like you're right in the homefront for this terrible mess

It's a tiny country.

Quote:

are there any grassroots movements to work with the headshop policies to be more selective in their customers? An Acid Test if you will?

The smartshops (who sell mushrooms) are weeding out bad shops and are doing a good job to be presentable. Some smartshops obviously won't sell to just anyone.

But all this is futile. There isn't really a problem with the mushrooms trade, its just that the conservatives are against it, and they use everything that looks bad to their advantage.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #6818319 - 04/22/07 07:48 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

tulip fundamentalists, I like that!

To steal an already posted joke...

What's better than two roses on a piano?

Tulips on your penis!

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #6818326 - 04/22/07 07:53 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

There isn't really a problem with the mushrooms trade, its just that the conservatives are against it, and they use everything that looks bad to their advantage.

Maybe they have an inkling that if we all could have spiritual experiences without the church then their jobs would be in jeoprody.

Slightly off-topic.  A friend of mine that went to a smartshop got punked out by a vendor, my friend was told a beginner would want such-and-such, when in reality my friend was mislead into the most potent ones available. :shocked:

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
    #6818480 - 04/22/07 08:56 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Hanky said:
Easy? I have to walk no more than a kilometer from my front door. Safer? Well I can say that I haven't been attacked by aliens yet while going on such a foray.

What was your point again?

How many Copelandia Cyans did you find again?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules