Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

newbie questions pt.2
    #681352 - 06/16/02 04:37 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i posted questions yesterday, and i got all the answers i needed, but now i have a few more questions

1. can i get spores from, say, a local headshop, or any other specialty store of that sort, or can i only get them from mail-order?

2.how many cc's of spore solution comes in a single syringe?

3. how long will the syringe be good? if i only use some of it, then flame the needle, will the spores die after a certain period of time?

4. is it possible to go out into the cowfield, and get shrooms, and take the spores from them? where can i go to find out how?

5. how do i disinfect a terrarium for next use?

6. what ratio of water to peroxide should i use in my bottle for me to spray the sides of my terrarium?

7. have any of you experimented with shrooms with any other drug?(alcohol, weed, etc)

8.is there any particular light schedule i should put shrooms on?

help wanted: honest individual, like yourself, to answer these questions, no references needed, apply at home on your pc

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNGC4414
unknowable

Re: newbie questions pt.2 [Re: Anonymous]
    #681354 - 06/16/02 04:40 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I was about to answer your questions, then I decided to tell you to read the FAQ. If you spend some time investigating this site you will find everything you need to know.

Offlineparanoid2
Loc: ill noise
    #681359 - 06/16/02 04:44 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Once agin, here are answers to the ones I know...

1. Possibly. I believe that spores are illegal only in CA and GA.
2. Typically 10cc's.
3. Spores should be viable for about a year. When you flame the needle you're only killing the spores in the needle. The ones remaining in the cylinder of the syringe are fine.
4. It's possible, but my understanding is that unless you really know what you're looking for it may either be a waste of time or a waste of your life if you get poisonous shrooms that may look like psilocybe shrooms.

--------------------
"My head feels like a frisbee."

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #681369 - 06/16/02 04:50 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

NGC4414 is right. Most of theres questons are answered here:
www.shroomery.org/faq

Also many of the questions you just haven?t thought of yet.
So take a day or 2 and go through all the questions and if there are still some left, come back.

OfflineElendril
    #681379 - 06/16/02 05:01 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

>1. can i get spores from, say, a local headshop, or any other specialty store of that sort, or can i only get them from mail-order?

As far as I know, most headshops do not carry spores. I would suggest using an online site such as www.thehawkseye.com or www.sporeworks.com or many others (NOTE: this is not promoting these vendors, they are the only 2 I remember the link for off the top of my head)

>2.how many cc's of spore solution comes in a single syringe?

Generally there are a little over 10cc's of solution per syringe.

>3. how long will the syringe be good? if i only use some of it, then flame the needle, will the spores die after a certain period of time?

Generally they last about 6 months, I've seen them work after longer, but 6 months is a good time frame. The last time I used an old syringe it took a long time for the jar to colonize, but it did work.

>4. is it possible to go out into the cowfield, and get shrooms, and take the spores from them? where can i go to find out how?

It is possible, but why bother? You've obviously never grown before, and why would you want to worry about contams right from the start? Just get a syringe.

>5. how do i disinfect a terrarium for next use?

You should take it outside and spray it out with the hose, then take it back inside and clean with either a bleach mix, or a peroxide mix.

>6. what ratio of water to peroxide should i use in my bottle for me to spray the sides of my terrarium?

Unless you have a big problem with contams I would not suggest using peroxide in the spray. That is not to say it wouldn't work great, but I've heard that peroxide is not good for the cakes, and accidently spraying them with the mix might not be so good for them.

>7. have any of you experimented with shrooms with any other drug?(alcohol, weed, etc)

Shrooms + Weed were good, never tried with alcohol (everything tastes bad enough as it is). I would suggest only shrooms until you know the average dose for yourself.

>8.is there any particular light schedule i should put shrooms on?

Some people turn the light on for 12 hours a day, others for only 30 mins. The light is what causes the cakes to start pinning and it gives the shrooms a direction to grow towards. I've had no problems just turning mine on for a few hours a day.

There ya go =).
Elendril

OfflinePharmette
Loc: Seattle Area
    #681844 - 06/16/02 10:22 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

7. Extacy and mushrooms.... "Hippie flipping" is insane. Weed and shrooms are a must. But just eating a whole bunch alone is grrreat.

--------------------
When you're living life like a show, you got to take a bow to all the people you know... ~Sublime~

Anonymous

#681854 - 06/16/02 10:39 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

the reason why i asked if i could get spores from shrooms in the cowfield, is because i live at home with parents, and i wouldnt know what to tell them when the syringe comes in the mail. i know which are the good shrooms in my area in the wild, but i figured that i wouldnt risk my parents being suspicious.

Offlinecujo7999
Space Monkey

Loc: USA; Home of "The Man"
    #682221 - 06/16/02 02:20 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

this is why we're all going to burn.

--------------------
*This is all Fiction by the Way*

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #682309 - 06/16/02 03:06 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

If I had a "Head Shop" and I sold spores, I would kick you out after carding you, if you said "Head Shop" or if you asked to look at a "bong".

So will they.

If you want to find out the "propper" terms, just point at something, say "what's that?" and they will tell you.

--------------------
This space for rent

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag