Home | Community | Message Board

DoubleBlind - Learn to Grow Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Gypsum, Mycobags, Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The bottom of the sea.
Trusted Cultivator
My new blocks (updated with pics 4/26)
    #6813048 - 04/20/07 02:14 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I visited a mushroom farm near where I live on Tusday and when I left they gave me two blocks of king oysters, one of shitake and a paper bag filled with assorted edibles! The substrate is red oak sawdust supplemented with wheat bran and gypsum. Right now I have the two king oyster blocks in my FC and the shitake is outside in a mycobag with a filter patch.
Check check check um.

--------------------
PitcherCrab's LAGM 2021
Trade List

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Edited by PitcherCrab (04/26/07 05:52 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHypercube
80 SRM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My new blocks [Re: PitcherCrab]
    #6813344 - 04/20/07 04:17 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Score.

KING oysters even! *drools*

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My new blocks [Re: Hypercube]
    #6814396 - 04/20/07 11:55 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

That was nice of them to give you a couple of blocks. What temperature was the farm fruiting the Eryngii at?
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflinePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My new blocks [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6816686 - 04/21/07 07:16 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
That was nice of them to give you a couple of blocks. What temperature was the farm fruiting the Eryngii at?
RR

They gave me a sheet which shows the temps for each of their grow rooms. It doesn't specifically say eryngii, but they were in one of the oyster rooms which are kept between 56F and 58F. Currently my FC is at 68F... any suggestions what I should do about that? The blue oysters I have been growing in there seem to be doing pretty well despite the temp.

--------------------
PitcherCrab's LAGM 2021
Trade List

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #6816714 - 04/21/07 07:25 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

They have those self contained AC units at lowes and home depot. You can duct tape flexible ducting to the supply and return, to create a self contained system for your fruiting chamber. You have to duct the condenser output through dryer hose to the outside. Using this method, I keep my mini-greenhouse at 58F all summer.
RR

--------------------

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflinePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh

Trusted Cultivator
    #6816740 - 04/21/07 07:37 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Sweet, thanks for the tip. Are there any specific models and makes you recommend?

--------------------
PitcherCrab's LAGM 2021
Trade List

Edited by PitcherCrab (04/21/07 07:40 PM)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #6816963 - 04/21/07 09:15 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I don't even remember the brand name on mine. It's in storage right now. They're all pretty inefficient though, so only run it when you have to. If you have a garage, perhaps it's best to set up a grow out there during the winter months for the cold weather species.
RR

--------------------

Thomas Edison

OfflinePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh

Trusted Cultivator
    #6837792 - 04/26/07 05:51 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Here are some pics of the flushes I'm getting off the blocks. Are shiitakes always "furry" like they are in the pics? The first pic of the king oysters is a few days before the rest of them, which I took today.

--------------------
PitcherCrab's LAGM 2021
Trade List

InvisibleBacchus
Lurker
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ::1
    #6878078 - 05/05/07 10:27 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

How are these coming along? Any more pictures of the flush?

--------------------

Living on a no-Flash diet is way easier than you think. Give it a shot.

OfflineCryogenicz
what?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: My new blocks [Re: Bacchus]
    #6879869 - 05/06/07 11:12 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

nice!

-Graham

--------------------
www.MycoPath.com
Mushroom Spawn, Cultures, Fungi Bags, Casings, Master Grain Jars, Bags for In-vitro, Laboratory supplies, and much more!
Mushroom Supplies. Fast Turnaround Times. Great Service.
orders@mycopath.com
enter code shroomery for 10% off product.

www.FungiForum.com

InvisibleUbermensch
Hunter gatherer
Male

Loc: Pac Northwest
    #6880348 - 05/06/07 01:35 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I'm jealous. What company gave you these?

--------------------
Once the sin against God was the greatest sin; but God has died, and those sinners died with him. To sin against the earth is now the most dreadful sin, and to esteem the entrails of the unknowable higher than the meaning of the earth!

OfflinePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My new blocks [Re: Ubermensch]
    #6881416 - 05/06/07 06:50 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

No more pics of the first flush. I let them sit a little too long and the shiitakes dumped spores everywhere... I dunked um over night and right now they are sitting in some plastic bags on my kitchen counter. I think I might put the bags outside where its a little bit colder so they can develop some pinsets... I think I fruited this first flush at too high of a temp (around 70 degrees). The company who gave them to me was Far West Fungi.

--------------------
PitcherCrab's LAGM 2021
Trade List

OfflineJeremy_Davis
Mycelial NetworkAdministrator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
    #6884252 - 05/07/07 12:45 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I met the guys from Far West Fungi at a conference at Penn State two years ago. Great guys. They have their own farm, and then a retail shop in a trendy San Francisco specialty/gourmet market there. I went there also when I went to UC Berkeley to visit one of my friends in the mycology department. It was really cool, they sell all kinds of mushrooms, truffles, oils, grow blocks, cards, neat dried mushrooms, like fire-smoked chanterelles, it was really neat. The whole shopping center was really neat, each store specialized in one type of gourmet product it seemed.

I've always wondered about copying that idea since we have a really similar high-end outdoor shopping mall right on the water here called Bayside...

--------------------
Jeremy Davis
Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization, Inc.
Check out the ECHO mushroom blog page to see our lab, growing facility, and more-www.echotech.org/greta

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Gypsum, Mycobags, Portable Greenhouse

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms