Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Mushroom Tea. . . I just don't get it!
    #674886 - 06/12/02 12:27 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Okay... It was my understanding that heat breaks down the psychoactive chemicals of psilocybe mushrooms. Why is it then that so many people like to make a tea with their mushrooms, and there is even a recipe for how to make it (involving boiling water) here on the shroomery.
I just don't understand these two conflicting bits of info. Can somebody help me out with this please? Thanks,

RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Mushroom Tea. . . I just don't get it! [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #674896 - 06/12/02 12:34 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

You toss the mush in as it's cooling down. Not while it's boiling (at least the recipes i've read)

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Re: Mushroom Tea. . . I just don't get it! [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #674956 - 06/12/02 01:06 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Not the recipe on the shroomery.... Check it out.

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

#675038 - 06/12/02 01:44 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Does anyone here have first hand experience with mushroom tea? Does boiling the mushrooms with the water actually work? If so, how can this be explained when it is said that heat is supposed to destroy the psychoactive chemicals?

Haha, sorry to be impatient.... This has just been bugging me for a while

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #675168 - 06/12/02 02:42 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I have had experience using the reciepe here on the shroomery. It was in fact the first time I ever shroomed. They were freshly picked they where probably about an Oz fresh. This made about a Gallon of Tea split between four friends and we all tripped ballz. The Tea works because the heat used to make the tea and extract the psliocybin into the water is not hot enough to start to degrade the potency of the shrooms. Try looking up Syrian Rue also maybe you could add that to your tea. I have heard great things about it and its ability to potentiate the mushroom trip. Good Luck.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Anonymous

#675174 - 06/12/02 02:45 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

When I use to pick them years back, when I didnt know really anything about shrooms except that they were orange brown and grew in crap(in LA). We use to put all of the ones we found in some pantie hoes and tie it off. Boil up some water and stick the pantie hoes in there and smash them everynow and then to get the juice out and let them boil for 1 hour. Then you throw away the mushy pantie hoe and let the purplish/black water cool and drink. So far those couple of times I have tripped has been the best I have ever tripped on shrooms yet. Now that I read that heat breaks down the potency, I still dont know why we always tripped so hard. We had the water boiling constently so I know it was very hot. I am thinking it was probally b/c we had so many shrooms that it didnt really affect the potency.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #675209 - 06/12/02 03:02 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

>Does anyone here have first hand experience with mushroom tea?
Yes.

>Does boiling the mushrooms with the water actually work?
Yes.

>If so, how can this be explained when it is said that heat is supposed to destroy the psychoactive chemicals?
Short exposure to hot water doesn?t destroy the psychoactive chemicals. It?s a myth.

Offlinedirk gently
enthusiast
    #675210 - 06/12/02 03:02 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

The catch is that this breakdown of psilocybin doesn't occur instantly. It may be stable in boiling water for some time. So yes, it does work. To get better yields, use 80 deg. water instead. It's not necessary to boil them for an extended time. As long as you have the mushrooms finely chopped up the extraction will work fine. Also adding a weak acid will help in the extraction. Ascorbic acid (vitamin c)or citric acid may also help prevent the destruction of psilocybin because of their anti-oxidant properties.

Around the world in a tea daze.

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Loc: nzl
Re: Mushroom Tea. . . I just don't get it! [Re: dirk gently]
    #675794 - 06/12/02 08:56 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i always use tea... but a couple of questions, i heard that vitamin c brings down your acid trip, is this more misinformation? and wtf is syrian rue? i know its a flower that shamists once used, part of the big 5, but what does it do, and where does everyone get a hold of it?

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Mushroom Tea. . . I just don't get it! [Re: deepr]
    #675893 - 06/13/02 01:19 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I've wondered about rue as well, I'm not sure it's available in NZ?

Offlinegrowin
addict
Re: Mushroom Tea. . . I just don't get it! [Re: deepr]
    #675925 - 06/13/02 02:22 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

syriyan rue is a plany, growin in hot and dry places (deserts mostly). found alot where cattle ate all other oponents and the rue grows over there in big fields.

i forgot the actie ingridiant, but its a MAOI.
read all about it in erowid.org

in short, it intensifies your trip by inhibating enzymes that dicomposes the drug u r unsing.
i think it only works with psychedelics and not all of them.

a growin original

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #675988 - 06/13/02 03:58 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Okay... It was my understanding that heat breaks down the psychoactive chemicals of psilocybe mushrooms. Why is it then that so many people like to make a tea with their mushrooms...

Heat is anything above Absolute Zero. That is a HUGE temperature range.

What is hard to understand that different compounds are affected at different temperatures? The temp at which psilocybin breaks down is quite a bit higher than hot / boiling water. It makes me laugh that people disconnect their dehydrators' heater coils when they are only in the 90F to 120F degree range.

I love the gasping I always get when I mention it, but I dry my mushrooms in the oven at 200F with no apparent degradation of potency (after fan drying).

Tea can severly kick you on your ass at much lower doses than normal due to the quick absorption rate. The trip also comes on extremely quickly and lasts half as long or less. Good for when you don't have too much time. The first time I tried it, I was on the phone and in just minutes after drinking, could no longer speak. The trip was completely different using this method.

Be safe!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

Re: Mushroom Tea. . . I just don't get it! [Re: Swami]
    #677676 - 06/14/02 04:20 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

This supports ^^^this^^^ thread...

Last time i tripped, about 2-3 weeks ago, all my friends made tea because they hate eating those mushrooms. I on the other hand ate them and everyone started tripoping early (notice the effect earlier). Then i started tripping a little bit later. Around 4-5 hours later everyone was down except me, I was still tripping balls for a good 2 hours after they had come down. Then we tlaked about it, they said it came on fast, was more clean and not so confusing in the brain (who knows if they are right ) No stomach pains, but yet a whole different trip, MORE RECREATIONAL, usually i am not the recreational type with shrooms, but maybe I'll give it a try. Hope this helps

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: Mushroom Tea. . . I just don't get it! [Re: ]
    #681203 - 06/16/02 12:23 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

lol when i went picking cyans last year we threw 20 mushies in the pot went and snorted and poped some e last time i ever did e i decided to hippy flip it why we were snorting and talking we kinda just forgot about the shrooms boiling on the stove 20-30 minutes went by till i got up and walked tot he bathrpooom only to notice the pot lol we drank the teea guess what

i hadent shroomed that ahrd in awhile

i dought heat breaks it down as mucha s some people think

Offlinewhy
journeyman
Re: Mushroom Tea. . . I just don't get it! [Re: Swami]
    #681213 - 06/16/02 12:43 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

>I love the gasping I always get when I mention it, but I dry my mushrooms in the oven at 200F with no apparent degradation of potency (after fan drying).

Yes, but do they store as well? I have read that heat degrades psilocybin into psilocin. Psilocin is just as psychoactive but it does not store as well as psilocybin. if you take them a month later you may not notice a difference, but how potent will they be after a year?

The heat thing could just be a myth...

Anonymous

#681436 - 06/16/02 05:43 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Its funny, I posted this very same question about a wek ago, and only one person responded.
I have made Tea once. I did not boil the water, for fear of killing the active ingredients.
I just let 1 grm of aborts steep in some jasmine tea for 15 minutes.
Strained, and drank.
The trip was pretty good for 1 grm!
I experienced the 'wider music' thing.
I saw a few CEV's & the black light poster I had up at the time was crawling around my wall.

The trip lasted for 4 hours, and it came on in 40 minutes.
I experienced a slight case of nausea, (while trying to drink the tea) but none afterwards. Not bad for the First Timer or Low Doser.
OoD

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Mushroom Tea. . . I just don't get it! [Re: Anonymous]
    #681855 - 06/16/02 10:42 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i had 10 -13 grams of fresh PESA mushrooms. I cut them up, boiled for 5 minutes, let em kool, added green tea and I didn't taste the shrooms at all. I took the shrooms out, put em in the blender and dropped a popsicle in and made a slurry. Couldnt taste the shrooms, but I felt some pieces. It was supposed to be a level 2 but ended up being a level 3.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Edited by downforpot (06/16/02 04:31 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates