Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Storing shrooms in honey
    #681148 - 06/16/02 12:27 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

When you store shrooms in honey, do you have to dry them first, or can you put them in an airtight jar with the honey when they're fresh?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Re: Storing shrooms in honey [Re: Sheepish]
    #681253 - 06/16/02 04:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

From what I've read (sorry, I forget where), you can do it either way;

You can preseve fresh shrooms in honey and eat them whenever you like, or;

You can make "blue honey" by breaking up dried shrooms and filling a jar, then filling the jar with honey and storing for at least 2 months. The honet turns blue over time and becomes infused with psilocyben.

Just something I read, never tried either method (yet). Has anyone?

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #681404 - 06/16/02 07:19 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Whatever one may post about this subject it is not a good thing to put your mushrooms in honey. Tey cause bacteria and larvae to gr9w in the jars.

The Aztecs served the mushrooms to diginitaries and otherswith either chocolate and/or honey. They never stored them in Honey.
Ot in Pharmacotheon describes a horrible experiience with a jar opf honey from Mexican Indians trying to sell them to tourists with all kinds of foul ordors coming form the honey pot.

Drying mushrooms is the best method of preserving them for long termed storage, except that I find tha most people do not store shrooms fopr very long. At least not more than a few months.

mj

Anonymous

#681415 - 06/16/02 07:27 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

There is a preservation method located on this site called the "Anubis Method' - where it describes how honey can be used to store shrooms, wet and dry. How one measures weight for dosing is another story. I assume amounts are measured out, and stored in tiny jars, like baby food jars.

As for honey going moldy, I wonder. Honey has been used as a natural antibacterial agent for centuries. It was used to dress wounds in battle, and to perserve fresh fruit when taken on the road in desert situations. From all the text I have read, it does not get rancid.

I 'work' with honey, and I cover objects with it, letting it sit, exposed to air, and the worst that happens is that it dries up.

I would research the Anubis Method, and do some research on honey.
But, I am of the mindset that drying on a wire mesh screen for 2 - 4 days will dry up any kind/amount of shrooms, and keep them good for years. as long as they are kept in a dry cool/dark place like the fridge.
-OoD

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #681650 - 06/16/02 09:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

My friend, in the attempt to preserve a very cool looking mushroom he cultivated, put a whole mushroom (not dry) in a jar of honey. Well... 2 days later, the water from the mushroom I suppose went into the honey, and the mushroom shriveled up. It looks all nasty and prune-like, but has not gotten rancid in any way. He has yet to eat it.

I've read it works either way just fine. Honey is a natural preservative, I dont believe it would go bad either.

Invisiblelowrider
ridin high
Re: Storing shrooms in honey [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #681781 - 06/16/02 11:27 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That's right about honey not going bad. It is a natural preservative, and bacteriostatic. The ancient egyptians used to dress wounds in honey to prevent infection, and to prevent the cloth from stickin to the wound. Honey that's been found in the tombs are still edible today. I have tripped off blue honey. We spread it on toast and it was the most delicious way to trip.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience