Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLIVlife
Stranger
FIRST TRIP!!
    #680925 - 06/15/02 07:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I just got an eigth of shrooms for the first time and am definetly excited. The only other drug I have done before besides weed is E. I really liked my first couple times on X but after it, I always got way too excited and totally blew my roll. Can this happen with shrooms? I am also a little bit nervous bc my boyfriend is also doing an eigth and we both have had a lot of stress in the past couple of months and I have heard not to experiment with drugs if you are stressed out - is there anything you can do if one of us starts freaking out? What is the best way to relax? The only visuals I have ever gotten is after coming down off of my roll and smoking a ton of weed...obviously that will be nothing compared to mushrooms though....anyways, sorry for all the ?s but Im REALLY excited!! Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: FIRST TRIP!! [Re: LIVlife]
    #680948 - 06/15/02 08:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I just did my first shroom trip this weekend. I don't think getting too excited will blow the trip. It's good to get hyped up about it, makes it all the more worthwhile. Try not to have too high expectations about what is MEANT to happen, that usually will dissapoint you. Instead, focus on what IS happening. You may get a little nausea, usually that will subside. Try and relax though, because sometimes you can fight the sick feeling. I was unfortunate to get strong nausea for some reasons other than just the simple fact I ate shrooms. If you are feeling stressed, try and do some relaxation techniques on the day of the trip. If you can meditate, do that. Or just spend the day relaxing, listening to nice music, surrounding yourself with positive things, etc. If you start freaking out, relax. It's not easy, as I found out last night. I curled up into a ball and got the shivers. The best way to relax is to have someone comfort you. Or change the music, or if you're not listening to any, put on some nice calm music. Breathe though it. The key thing is to let go. Don't go begging for it to stop, or wishing it was over. This is a bad idea. Divert your thoughts to something else.
Well, that's just a few things that might help. Oh, and try and start low your first time. Too much on a first time can be too overwhelming.

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #681002 - 06/15/02 09:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Invisiblevkk_
DNA Timebomb

Loc: Planet Erf, Yo.
    #681053 - 06/15/02 10:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

1/8 is a pretty large dose for a first time, try splitting it, you can eat more after 1.5 hours if you aren't getting the intensity you want. Go with the flow, you'll have a great time, just make sure there isn't anything hanging over your head, and no pending obligations.

--------------------
I remember, the first time, I... smoked DMT.

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: FIRST TRIP!! [Re: vkk_]
    #681072 - 06/15/02 10:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I agree... Forgot to mention it in my first reply... 3.5 gms is a bit heavy for a first timer. I also recommend 1.5 (or 2.5 at most, if you dare) then eat the rest at the 90 minute mark if you want more.

And true... Nothing should be a weight on your conscience or you'll harp on it throughout the trip and regret that you did 'em.

--------------------

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

OfflineLIVlife
Stranger
Re: FIRST TRIP!! [Re: TM]
    #681428 - 06/16/02 07:39 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

But I read on a website that once you were tripping, you couldn't "boost" your trip by eating more! That's why we were just going to eat them all at once......

OfflineWildLASER
Infinity In AGrain Of Salt

#681515 - 06/16/02 08:53 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

From my experience it is not as strong as if you ate them all at once, but it still gives it a boost, and seems to lengthen the comedown a bit IMO...

--------------------
,'~Þ

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: FIRST TRIP!! [Re: WildLASER]
    #682442 - 06/16/02 06:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

there is something to be said for ingesting the total dose slowly (over 30 to 90 minutes)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #682601 - 06/16/02 07:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I once had a HUGE 7 gm 5/8" thick 4" long white stem. I broke it in half lengthwise and had (2) 3.5 gm 4" long pieces. I put one in the blender and put the other away.
An hour later I was geting only a 1.5 gm effect and felt rather disapointed. I toyed with the idea of doing the other half for a while and decided it was probably a good idea as my trip was definately not progressing to expectation.
I put the other half in the blender and downed it at the 80 minute mark.
15 minutes later I was well on my way to a level 4 experience that to this day is still the strongest shroom trip I ever had or would want to.

Turns out that by breaking it lengthwise I had seperated the strong half from the weak half! The first half was probably the upper side when the stem was dried, and the "stuff" settled to the bottom! Now I had done the FULL STRENGTH OF 7 gms! WHOA! It definately DOES work if you do it early (before 90 minutes)

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports