Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshrooms4unme
Stranger
Glovebox question
    #6806242 - 04/18/07 08:56 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I've used a glove box to inoculate jars with great success. The only thing is I think I'm being a little overkill. One thing I wanted to know is how clean does the room your glove box is in need to be? I've been using a bathroom with air turned off and cleaned everything with bleach solution. Then I clean the glovebox and load everything into it.

All of the cleaning is kind of a PITA so i was wondering if as long as i just shut the air off in my room and scrub the air with oust, then clean the box/everything going into it with a bleach solution and set it on a clean table, will I be able to work safely without all the extra cleaning.

I also know gloveboxes aren't necessary for inoculations but I plan on doing G2G soon too, I just hope this will be ok instead of all the extra cleaning I do to my bathroom.

p.s.
Is wearing a mask and cap necessary when using a glove box? I know I'm probably being overkill but I'm still a noob and paranoid about contams because I've never worked with grain/lc's before. Sorry if these questions are kinda dumb but all the help is really appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Glovebox question [Re: shrooms4unme]
    #6806373 - 04/18/07 09:21 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

If your box is draft free, then you can skip the mask and hairnet. Most of us use simple rubbermaid totes for gloveboxes, so breathing near the lid could get bacteria inside, so watch for that and either tape the seal or use a surgical mask. The air in the room doesn't need to be sterile by any means. As long as the glovebox has still air and you've sprayed inside with water, you'll be fine. Don't use flammable stuff in your glovebox. You can mist it with your regular mister with plain water, and whatever contaminants land on the floor or back and side walls, will stick there due to adhesion.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineshrooms4unme
Stranger
Re: Glovebox question [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6806416 - 04/18/07 09:30 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks RR, I was pretty sure I was being overkill but now it's good to know I don't have to clean a bunch of shit when it's not necessary. I finally built a suitable box out of a clear rubbermaid. I can't wait to get started with prints/G2G/lc's. Ok sorry for the rambling, thanks again.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies