Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

Am i schizo? or have i just fried my brain?
    #6801307 - 04/17/07 07:44 PM (17 years, 3 days ago)

Sometimes in my regular day I see some mild distortions of my vision...colors and just objects slightly enlarging...This has been a common occurance and sometimes it looks like there are lines of many colors in my vision (especially on a clear day when i've got a clear head)

This part is not the part that bothers me...

Rarely, I hear voices in my head, repeating phrases that I can't understand...over and over and over for maybe a minute in length, increasing in loudness, and getting scarier and scarier...it doesn't sound bad, but it is extremely bothersome and seem to envelope my entire conscious (as in I totally focus on this and absolutely nothing else)

This hasn't happened for a long time...it used to happen much more frequently but subsided when I started smoking heavily...it happened one more time after that, while i was high, and i sorta just laughed it off in seconds and it went away.

^THIS isnt even the part that bothers me (mostly because it has gone away)

The part that really makes me think that I'm schizo is the fact that sometimes (even in the daytime) i have straight up, balls to the wall hallucinations...And I can't tell if it is real or not

Like just a few minutes ago, i looked at the ground and saw what i thought was a bug wriggling and crawling around, but i blinked and looked at it and it was just a piece of carpet

Most of them happen at night though....especially when im sleeping/close to sleep...some of the most vivid ones where a giant baby (as tall as the ceiling) in my room, sitting indian style, bouncing around...another was I saw my grandma in my room, and she actually spoke to me (inaudible)...she also touched my knee and i could feel it.

They can range for things like that, which are super realistic, to wierd feelings in my body and seeing very psychedelic hallucinations, like objects completely distorted/moving around...

Usually (unless i can calm myself) these episodes are TERRIFYING...and sometimes can even send jolts of an indescribable feeling (somewhat painful) through my body, as if someone was kicking me/punching me...they are so terrifying i go into a state of conciousness where i can't even move....

however they dont happen whatsoever when i smoke, as in I go through an entire night of feeling perfectly normal...sometimes weeks/months at a time, and wake up as i should..without any terrifying feelings/seeing anything

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineganjaguru
I'm not really here
Male
Loc: Austin, TX
Re: Am i schizo? or have i just fried my brain? [Re: AntiEverything]
    #6801314 - 04/17/07 07:45 PM (17 years, 3 days ago)

I got 3$ on schitzo

--------------------

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: Am i schizo? or have i just fried my brain? [Re: ganjaguru]
    #6801332 - 04/17/07 07:49 PM (17 years, 3 days ago)

Hmm idk man il go with 100$

--------------------

Offlineganjaguru
I'm not really here
Male
Re: Am i schizo? or have i just fried my brain? [Re: AJ4U]
    #6801337 - 04/17/07 07:51 PM (17 years, 3 days ago)

I see your 100 and raise you....

1000 if he ends up chopping someone up

--------------------

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
    #6801355 - 04/17/07 07:55 PM (17 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

AntiEverything said:
Sometimes in my regular day I see some mild distortions of my vision...colors and just objects slightly enlarging...This has been a common occurance and sometimes it looks like there are lines of many colors in my vision (especially on a clear day when i've got a clear head)

This part is not the part that bothers me...

Rarely, I hear voices in my head, repeating phrases that I can't understand...over and over and over for maybe a minute in length, increasing in loudness, and getting scarier and scarier...it doesn't sound bad, but it is extremely bothersome and seem to envelope my entire conscious (as in I totally focus on this and absolutely nothing else)

This hasn't happened for a long time...it used to happen much more frequently but subsided when I started smoking heavily...it happened one more time after that, while i was high, and i sorta just laughed it off in seconds and it went away.

^THIS isnt even the part that bothers me (mostly because it has gone away)

The part that really makes me think that I'm schizo is the fact that sometimes (even in the daytime) i have straight up, balls to the wall hallucinations...And I can't tell if it is real or not

Like just a few minutes ago, i looked at the ground and saw what i thought was a bug wriggling and crawling around, but i blinked and looked at it and it was just a piece of carpet

Most of them happen at night though....especially when im sleeping/close to sleep...some of the most vivid ones where a giant baby (as tall as the ceiling) in my room, sitting indian style, bouncing around...another was I saw my grandma in my room, and she actually spoke to me (inaudible)...she also touched my knee and i could feel it.

They can range for things like that, which are super realistic, to wierd feelings in my body and seeing very psychedelic hallucinations, like objects completely distorted/moving around...

Usually (unless i can calm myself) these episodes are TERRIFYING...and sometimes can even send jolts of an indescribable feeling (somewhat painful) through my body, as if someone was kicking me/punching me...they are so terrifying i go into a state of conciousness where i can't even move....

however they dont happen whatsoever when i smoke, as in I go through an entire night of feeling perfectly normal...sometimes weeks/months at a time, and wake up as i should..without any terrifying feelings/seeing anything

talk to a pychotherapist. Issues like these need to be resolved with a mental help professional. Nobody here is going to be able to diagnose you, we dont know you or have any knowledge about your personal state of mind besides what you posted.

plz seek out someone to talk to before the conditon progresses.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Offlineganjaguru
I'm not really here
Male
Re: Am i schizo? or have i just fried my brain? [Re: sui]
    #6801360 - 04/17/07 07:57 PM (17 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

suimush said:
Quote:

AntiEverything said:

That type of talk can lose me a bunch of money

--------------------

OfflineSampaJasli
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #6801371 - 04/17/07 07:59 PM (17 years, 3 days ago)

I'm not sure how to explain some of the other stuff
but because you say that you experience these hallucinations and feelings when you're drowsy or falling asleep I'm inclined to say that they are occurrences of hypnogogia.
Here is what wikipedia says: Hypnagogic sensations collectively describe the vivid dream-like auditory, visual, or tactile sensations that can be experienced in a hypnagogic or hypnopompic state. These sensations can be accompanied by sleep paralysis, the sensation that the body is temporarily paralyzed after waking or before falling asleep.
sleep paralysis usually accompanies hallucinations. Many cultures mention this phenomenon in their myths and beliefs. In the Maritime provinces it's a visit from the Sea Hag, in Africa it's being ridden by the witch. crazy shit but a lot of people experience it, usually they feel a presence in the room, and feel like they can't move as if someones sitting on them.
anyways thats that, i dont know about the daytime and auditory hallucinations though, btw im a psych student :smile:

--------------------

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

Re: Am i schizo? or have i just fried my brain? [Re: SampaJasli]
    #6801406 - 04/17/07 08:09 PM (17 years, 3 days ago)

Hmmmm

what kind of meds will the doctor give me for something like this?

If its not anything good I don't really feel like dealing with profesional help... It's not like this intrudes on my everyday life and makes me unable to live like regular...I mean if im schizo there really isnt much i can do about it. And its not like im violent/bipolar or hyperactive so I doubt its gonna make me freak out and put tin foil on my head >_>

I know the difference between reality and absurdity

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #6801410 - 04/17/07 08:10 PM (17 years, 3 days ago)

Might i suggest quiting the reefer as it might feel good while its affecting you but once it wears off its only going to make things worse.

--------------------

Offlineganjaguru
I'm not really here
Male
    #6801411 - 04/17/07 08:10 PM (17 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

AntiEverything said:
Hmmmm

If its not anything good I don't really feel like dealing with profesional help... It's not like this intrudes on my everyday life and makes me unable to live like regular...I mean if im schizo there really isnt much i can do about it. And its not like im violent/bipolar or hyperactive so I doubt its gonna make me freak out and put tin foil on my head >_>

Xanax and promethizene pills. Go for it man!

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #6801413 - 04/17/07 08:11 PM (17 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

SampaJasli said:
I'm not sure how to explain some of the other stuff
but because you say that you experience these hallucinations and feelings when you're drowsy or falling asleep I'm inclined to say that they are occurrences of hypnogogia.
Here is what wikipedia says: Hypnagogic sensations collectively describe the vivid dream-like auditory, visual, or tactile sensations that can be experienced in a hypnagogic or hypnopompic state. These sensations can be accompanied by sleep paralysis, the sensation that the body is temporarily paralyzed after waking or before falling asleep.
sleep paralysis usually accompanies hallucinations. Many cultures mention this phenomenon in their myths and beliefs. In the Maritime provinces it's a visit from the Sea Hag, in Africa it's being ridden by the witch. crazy shit but a lot of people experience it, usually they feel a presence in the room, and feel like they can't move as if someones sitting on them.
anyways thats that, i dont know about the daytime and auditory hallucinations though, btw im a psych student :smile:

:thumbup:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
    #6801417 - 04/17/07 08:13 PM (17 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

ganjaguru said:
Quote:

suimush said:
Quote:

AntiEverything said:

That type of talk can lose me a bunch of money

huh?

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Offlineganjaguru
I'm not really here
Male
    #6801461 - 04/17/07 08:24 PM (17 years, 3 days ago)

Im a noob to the site dont really have the whole quote thing down. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #6801506 - 04/17/07 08:33 PM (17 years, 3 days ago)

Maybe you have Charles Bonnet Syndrome. people with this disorder are quite sane besides the fact that they hallucinate things like gnomes and fairy's. Might want to look into it

--------------------

OfflineJunkFood
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: NYC
Re: Am i schizo? or have i just fried my brain? [Re: AJ4U]
    #6801665 - 04/17/07 09:12 PM (17 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

ganjaguru said:
Im a noob to the site dont really have the whole quote thing down. :wink:

Just wait till they try to nail you for not using the "Reply To" feature :rolleyes:

--------------------
HOW'S MY POSTING? CLICK HERE

Invisiblelaska
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: California
    #6801669 - 04/17/07 09:13 PM (17 years, 3 days ago)

regardless of what research you do to self-diagnose yourself, you should def. speak with a couple different professions.

--------------------

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
    #6802217 - 04/17/07 11:15 PM (17 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

suimush said:
talk to a pychotherapist. Issues like these need to be resolved with a mental help professional. Nobody here is going to be able to diagnose you, we dont know you or have any knowledge about your personal state of mind besides what you posted.

Listen to this advise-- it is good...

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

Offlinenookjohn
Nooker
 User Gallery

Loc: Dancin' in the street
    #6803106 - 04/18/07 06:51 AM (17 years, 3 days ago)

I think you answered your own question when you said you're smoking heavily.

Lay off all drugs for a month, and give your brain some time to heal. You'll feel a whole hell of a lot better.

I'd also recommend getting a good night's sleep and good nutrition (lean meats, legumes/tree nuts, complex carbs, and fruit).

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #6821787 - 04/23/07 02:52 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

AntiEverything said:
Hmmmm

Your condition could worsen until you no longer have any grip on reality at all. I would reccomend seeking professional help.

OfflineMuppet Happy Birthday!
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
Re: Am i schizo? or have i just fried my brain? [Re: domite]
    #6821791 - 04/23/07 02:54 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

and by 'professional help' you mean a hooker with a mini-skirt, ya  :naughty:

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom