Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: the VA tech massacre ..yes..it is the conservatives' fault... [Re: Redstorm]
    #6799442 - 04/17/07 12:06 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Cho railed against "rich kids," "debauchery" and "deceitful charlatans"

thats the part that sounds like a dem. Debauchery and deceitful charlatans.... WTF

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: the VA tech massacre ..yes..it is the conservatives' fault... [Re: lonestar2004]
    #6799475 - 04/17/07 12:12 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Apparently he did reload, and nobody took advantage. Feh. Not for nothing but if everybody's going to run away there are a lot of people who could do a lot worse than this kid.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: the VA tech massacre ..yes..it is the conservatives' fault... [Re: beatnicknick]
    #6799539 - 04/17/07 12:30 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

> Ahh yes, because Cho could have easily strangled 32 people to death without any resistance.

No, but he could have emptied a few five gallon jugs of petrol on the ground floor and tossed a match. My guess is that the death toll would have been much higher. If a person is determined to perform mass murder, access to guns is not needed, as they will find a way to perform mass murder. Instead of the classroom, perhaps he would have raged against the people at the mall, seeing how many people he could run over.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: the VA tech massacre ..yes..it is the conservatives' fault... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #6799567 - 04/17/07 12:41 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

The reaction to the shootings suggests how rare the kind of individuals on 9/11 Flight 93 are in our society today.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: the VA tech massacre ..yes..it is the conservatives' fault... [Re: Seuss]
    #6799570 - 04/17/07 12:42 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

"If a person is determined to perform mass murder, access to guns is not needed, as they will find a way to perform mass murder."

1927 -- US: Bath, Michigan School Disaster.

Andrew Kehoe, seeking revenge against the community for taxes imposed on his farm to pay for a new school, set off a TNT bomb in the school, killing 43 people, including 39 grade-school children. After the explosion, Kehoe killed his wife, then drove his truck back, loaded with dynamite & nails, to the school, & set it off, killing himself & the school superintendent.

He didn't need guns.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: the VA tech massacre ..yes..it is the conservatives' fault... [Re: lonestar2004]
    #6799592 - 04/17/07 12:48 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

> The reaction to the shootings suggests how rare the kind of individuals on 9/11 Flight 93 are in our society today.

The difference being that the folks on Flight 93 knew they were dead if they didn't do something. They had no choice of flight or fight... the flight part had been taken away from them. With the school shootings, the folks in the classroom had to decide between fight or flight...

It is easy to sit back and pretend how brave we are, but until we are in a situation that tests us, we really don't know how we will react.

Edit: That last statement was not in reply to anything you posted... just a thought to add into the mix.

Edited by Seuss (04/17/07 12:49 PM)

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#6799622 - 04/17/07 12:56 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

My understanding is the doors were chained shut so the flight option was gone for those in the classroom as well.

How many realized this is unknown but I would have hoped at least some would have risked their lives to rush the gunmen. This guy was just walking up to people and firing point blank at their heads. However I am not blaming those who did not do so. Self-preservation instinct usually takes over in situations like this.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: the VA tech massacre ..yes..it is the conservatives' fault... [Re: zorbman]
    #6799639 - 04/17/07 01:01 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

> My understanding is the doors were chained shut so the flight option was gone for those in the classroom as well.

Yes, but the people in the classrooms didn't know that... guy comes in, shoots, leaves... do we risk our lives to go fight him out in the hall, or do we hide/play dead and hope he is done? Not being there, I don't know how I would have reacted.

When you are on a hijacked plane, and people on the cell phones have been telling you that hijacked planes are being used as guided bombs... you know that you're going to die if you don't do something.

Had the people in the classrooms known that they would all die if they didn't act, then you would have a fair comparison.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#6799656 - 04/17/07 01:08 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

From what I understand he did not leave the second shooting location where most people were killed. He offed himself.

And I do not think we know at this point how many were aware of the door being chained shut.

I do not know how I would have reacted either but I would like to think I or someone else could have presented some sort of counter attack as opposed to him nonchalantly walking up and shooting me or someone else in the head. He had to have reloaded at some point.

--------------------

Edited by zorbman (04/17/07 01:17 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#6799689 - 04/17/07 01:23 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

People were using windows.

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: the VA tech massacre ..yes..it is the conservatives' fault... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #6799692 - 04/17/07 01:23 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

What floor was the classroom on?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#6799699 - 04/17/07 01:24 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

2nd

--------------------

Invisibleelbisivni
    #6799723 - 04/17/07 01:31 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Apparently he did reload, and nobody took advantage. Feh. Not for nothing but if everybody's going to run away there are a lot of people who could do a lot worse than this kid.

None of us can pretend to know the circumstances of the situation. Isn't it possible that he reloaded one gun at a time while keeping his other within easy reach in the case of an offensive action? From what I read it sounds like he was systematically executing people. Maybe he was too well prepared defensively, I find it hard to believe that nobody would have done anything HAD there been an opportunity to gain the upper hand.

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: the VA tech massacre ..yes..it is the conservatives' fault... [Re: elbisivni]
    #6799748 - 04/17/07 01:37 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

See, I don't. I just find it sad.

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: the VA tech massacre ..yes..it is the conservatives' fault... [Re: elbisivni]
    #6799851 - 04/17/07 01:58 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

I just now read something interesting about one of the victims- a 77 year-old professor who was killed while holding off the shooter so his students could escape out the window. He was a Holocaust survivor.

Imagine surviving all that to be gunned down years later in a classroom.

Having faced death routinely in his formative years he was uniquely prepared to play a heroic role in this tragic play.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6799916 - 04/17/07 02:10 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Damn, I didn't know the professor who tried to save his students was a holocaust survivor. That is just very, very sad.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: the VA tech massacre ..yes..it is the conservatives' fault... [Re: Redstorm]
    #6800006 - 04/17/07 02:30 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Strangely enough the shooting also occured on Holocaust Memorial Day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_Remembrance_Day

--------------------

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
    #6800031 - 04/17/07 02:35 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

zorbman said:
I just now read something interesting about one of the victims- a 77 year-old professor who was killed while holding off the shooter so his students could escape out the window. He was a Holocaust survivor.

Imagine surviving all that to be gunned down years later in a classroom.

Having faced death routinely in his formative years he was uniquely prepared to play a heroic role in this tragic play.

I read that and was instantly filled with admiration for that man. To give his life for a bunch of shitty students. I know I have never had a professor that would care enough to risk their life for their students.

Of course I dont know the whole story, and it may just be the news making him out to be a hero....but in the end, he died while his students escaped, what a guy.

InvisibleArp
roving mycophagist
 User Gallery

Loc: in a van by the river
Re: the VA tech massacre ..yes..it is the conservatives' fault... [Re: dedjam]
    #6800046 - 04/17/07 02:38 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

a true martyr

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: the VA tech massacre ..yes..it is the conservatives' fault... [Re: Arp]
    #6800106 - 04/17/07 02:51 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Fucking money grubbing hebes

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale