Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

Re: i took 23 grams of dried copelandia cyanescens [Re: yageman]
    #6795785 - 04/16/07 05:35 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Nice post, Yage.

Dude, that's an absolute insane dose of copes. If you really are telling the truth, then I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure that you'll get better. Sometimes it just takes time and lots of it.

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemaggotz

Re: i took 23 grams of dried copelandia cyanescens [Re: Feanor]
    #6795867 - 04/16/07 05:52 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

after a very intense salvia trip i felt like my whole life was someone else's dream. for like 3 days i kept wondering if i was real or if i was just a part of someone/something's dream. after a while i came to realize that I was real but for a couple of days i really wasn't sure. 7 weeks of that shit topped with massive hallucinations would be hard to cope with but my advise is to wait it out and like yageman said use your logic. if that doesn't happen look for some porffesional help or something dude. take care and good luck.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: i took 23 grams of dried copelandia cyanescens [Re: Feanor]
    #6795876 - 04/16/07 05:54 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The human mind is an amazing and complex thing, and has an uncanny ability to create states of 'psychedelica', delirium, visions on its own without the need for drugs to kick things into gear.

I've had hallucinations / visuals when 100% sober and long before I've tried any drugs. I know people that have had rather profound visions / experiences and moments of ego-loss, and when they are describing them in detail - rings so true to some of my high dose mushroom/lsd trips that its kind of eerie, and this person has never done drugs (except weed, once, about 40 years ago)

Why am I saying this? - Because it is fully possible to get visuals / hallucinations / thought loops / ego loss / changes in perception without the need of drugs to get you there, and it is quite possible that a VERY intense trip could make it much easier to enter these states, even long after the drugs have wore off.

Psychedelics are kind of like a key to the door to reaching these states, its possible to unlock the door with other keys - but using psychedelics is like blasting the door open, and a dose like this guy took is like putting a necular bomb in front of the door, ripping it off of its hinges and most of the supporting structure around it - it's going to take some time for everything to get back in order, if his story IS true (and, I could see it being true...), I hope he gets through it OK.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: i took 23 grams of dried copelandia cyanescens [Re: kaniz]
    #6796369 - 04/16/07 07:22 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Ya, hes a psychedelic guy now, probably was before, and that dose is insane.
I mean, 12 grams of cubes is a trip to insanity for a great many people(most Ive ever taken, and Im a 2 gram sort of guy). That to me is a hell of a thing to do to yourself.

I really hope he can assimilate to his new brain.
Some people wouldnt do so well with such a dose.

I got a kick out of this thread though. I know that.

Fucking thread made me trip (as though im not tripping already/basically permanently).

His talk about his old fishing hole made me tear up. He just sounded so confused, AND Ive been drinking, have experienced such things, and used to fish at a specific spot..

I guess I just have severe sympathy if this is true, and want to send him good vibes, as if I can really do that. I mean after all, he has read my post before I wrote it.....

I dont know. Its just a kick ass idea for a thread at the very least.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #6796400 - 04/16/07 07:26 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

If I was an illusion, would I tell you?

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: i took 23 grams of dried copelandia cyanescens [Re: blewmeanie]
    #6796461 - 04/16/07 07:36 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Probably............lol

Somehow.

But there is some pretty weird shit out there..........lol

Real stuff that seems as fake as an illusion.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

#6796564 - 04/16/07 07:48 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
Anyways, this thread(his story) really tripped me out. Gave me an unsettling feeling, because I have been there, but it eventually worked out for the best and changed my life.

I'm really glad to see you post that yageman! I was going through the posts, and thinking that a lot of the suggestions for meditation and breath work are okay, but if you've been there, you know that not much is really going to break it off. The trip is there. no question about it, no tricks, no walking it off or waiting...

I had a psychedelic experience that lasted from February to September of 1998. I had taken way too much, and I don't know what happened, but it threw me for a loop. I ended up in the highest floor of the psych hospital and stayed for a month until my insurance ran out. At that point the doctors told my family that I had to be taken out of state and monitored 24-7. I was given Thorazine, clonazepam, and I know there were more, but I forget now. The doctors said I would never read again, never hold down a job or have a real life.

That in a way was like a challenge to me, and I had read my first book in about 4 months after being released.

All in all, I would say going to doctors, or the hospital was probably one of my WORST decisions, and I wish I would've done anything but that. Thorazine is terrible, it's like you're walking around as a shell of a human with no emotional or psychological "insides." I remember crying because I just didn't feel like myself at all, maybe not even human. I had to beg to be taken off that, and kept on with only the klonopin.

I remember seeing everything as significant. If I found a piece of paper on the floor - I was MEANT to find it, and it held information of great importance. I spent hours seeing connections in the phone book between names of business and their street addresses (here's Jos A Bank (store) on Central street, and The Financial Center on Bank Street and Joseph A Banks(person) lives on...). It all seemed to tie together.

It was really crazy, because at that point you really don't think it's drugs anymore, but you. I started to lose the distinction between when I was asleep and dreaming and when I was awake.

I still have all my paperwork from the hospital, and some of the artwork I did...I keep it to remind myself.

Brother, I believe you're going to be alright. I am now remembering this as a part of my distant past. There has been so much in my life after that time, and now, I work in an office, and no one knows anything about that time in my life.

I still use psychedelics, but I always show respect, and things are different with me now in a major way. In some ways, that was a coming of age for me, and changed my life for the better. It has made me who I am today. I still need constant work on my attitudes, perceptions, actions, and everything else everyone needs, but I feel like I've come a long way.

It's weird that even in a psychedelic community like this, I feel afraid to talk about my experiences, because I believe they'll be discounted like the OP's.

Anyway, if you Google HPPD like some others here suggested, you'll at least find like minded people. If you look at some of the HPPD online communities, the people there are mostly functional, but still are constantly dealing with their life being constantly infused with psychedelia, whether it be visuals or thought patterns.

The loops you speak about are upsetting to say the least. When that passes, it will really start to come together for you.

I don't think it'll be permanent for you, as I've actually seen two others who had extended trips like myself. One guy hit his head while tripping on only 2 hits, and gave himself a concussion. He ended up tripping for about a year or more straight. It was really crazy. Another guy I knew tripped for about a week, no explanation, just happened, and then went away.

We are with you my brother. And we are real.
All Light
DW

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: i took 23 grams of dried copelandia cyanescens [Re: dwpineal]
    #6796710 - 04/16/07 08:08 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

It's weird that even in a psychedelic community like this, I feel afraid to talk about my experiences, because I believe they'll be discounted like the OP's.

People on here, and other drug forums, seem to hate the idea that their beloved psychedelics could have long-lasting, possibly permanent side effects that may not be desired. People are all too quick to write things off as 'just being in your head', 'trolling for attention', or 'just psychosematic, you have issues that you need to deal with'.

But, at the same time - the same users will spout off about the positive long-lasting effects they have had from profound trips. This isnt a one way path, it can go both ways.

I think its largely because many of us had been told for such a long time that 'all drugs are bad, nothing good can come from them' - that many users now take an extreme opposite view, and fail to gain any sort of balance in their views on the matter.

I've seen a few users on here stating that they have had some long-lasting effects, and then seen many people dismiss them which is a shame. You cant understand concepts of harm reduction unless you are willing to accept the fact that harm can be done.

While it sounds like I've experienced nothing like the OP, you, or yageman - I have had limited expierence with some long-lasting effects from psychedelics, and having a few rather intense visual manifestations before I even tried drugs, that I'm not so quick to discount people saying they are still having effects long after the drugs have left the system.

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: i took 23 grams of dried copelandia cyanescens [Re: kaniz]
    #6796773 - 04/16/07 08:18 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you Kaniz, that was a well thought out and well put post. I hadn't thought of that line of reasoning. Makes good sense to me!

There's really so much wisdom here, and good intentions, sometimes you just have to sift through the dirt to find the diamonds.

That's what you need to do Again, focus on the challenges ahead of you, and how you can beat the odds. You are creating YOUR OWN reality (as opposed to mine, cuz I'm doing that here too...funny how our universes all intersect on a virtual web...) Create it the way you want it to be.

Now I have to go and take my own advice...

Love ya,
DW

Offlinesketchydelux
overdue beeper bill
Male User Gallery

Re: i took 23 grams of dried copelandia cyanescens [Re: SDP]
    #6797054 - 04/16/07 09:18 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SDP said:

--------------------

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
Re: i took 23 grams of dried copelandia cyanescens [Re: dwpineal]
    #6797077 - 04/16/07 09:25 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

After having read all of the posts in this thread, I still seriously question the truth of this guy's post (since another recent poster, using a different name, wrote in the exact same, hyper-nonsensical way)

See it here, and note the eerie similarity in his writing style-- and the VERY different reason given for it...
Similar? CLICK

With that said, I absolutely love how this forum can take the postings of a recurring troll and turn it into a thoughtful, honest exchange on their super-high dose experiences.

I applaud you for giving meaning and educational value to this boy's ridiculous post.

Seriously-- it's good to know how real people go through when it gets too deep, or far beyond "normal".

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

InvisibleUbermensch
Hunter gatherer
Male

Loc: Pac Northwest
Re: i took 23 grams of dried copelandia cyanescens [Re: again]
    #6797170 - 04/16/07 09:43 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I saw this thread on the front page of the website and thought I should respond. This person is no longer under the physical effects of the drug unless he has been periodically dosing for seven weeks. With that said, he might be experiencing mental illness induced by his trip. My first trip, due to ignorance, was with over 16 grams of P. azurescens. This species is as potent if not more than copes. The trip lasted around 12 hours and I wasn't completely normal the next day, but definitely alright. This thread does seem like a hoax.

--------------------
Once the sin against God was the greatest sin; but God has died, and those sinners died with him. To sin against the earth is now the most dreadful sin, and to esteem the entrails of the unknowable higher than the meaning of the earth!

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Re: i took 23 grams of dried copelandia cyanescens [Re: Ubermensch]
    #6797220 - 04/16/07 09:52 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Not to bust your balls, brother... but dear God-- it must have taken a half of an hour just to eat all those azures!! :eek::crazy2:

Would you mind telling us about the experience...if it's not too personal...

:cheers:

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: i took 23 grams of dried copelandia cyanescens [Re: coAsTal]
    #6797265 - 04/16/07 10:04 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Ya, its similare.

But your still a buzzkill...........

Why would anyone try to figure that out?

I dont know...........Maybe cause you are a buzzkill?

Stop being a doink and realize the relevance of the thread this possibly non-faker started.

This guy could really be that out of it (and with it and the same exact time).

Ever taken 23 grams of cop cyans coAsTal ?
Are you an a-hole? Just asking...............lol

Would a person who had taken that much bother to grant coAstal any sort of response?

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: i took 23 grams of dried copelandia cyanescens [Re: Ubermensch]
    #6797279 - 04/16/07 10:07 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ubermensch said:
I saw this thread on the front page of the website and thought I should respond. This person is no longer under the physical effects of the drug unless he has been periodically dosing for seven weeks. With that said, he might be experiencing mental illness induced by his trip. My first trip, due to ignorance, was with over 16 grams of P. azurescens. This species is as potent if not more than copes. The trip lasted around 12 hours and I wasn't completely normal the next day, but definitely alright. This thread does seem like a hoax.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (04/17/07 03:23 PM)

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

#6797382 - 04/16/07 10:26 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Hehe-- sorry if I'm a buzzkill :hug:

I noticed the similarity because this post--which obviously is hard to miss-- was so similar to the other one he wrote-- which was titled in a way that was also very hard to miss.

He has a....memorable...style.

But back to the point--
Quote:

....realize the relevance of the thread this possibly non-faker started.

You have it dead-on-- the second half of my post there was doing exactly that: thanking you and the others who have turned this thread into a good discussion.

No, I've never dosed even remotely that high-- but posts like yours help me at least glimpse into what it is like for some people who have.
The thread starter is still a fake, methinks... and that thought might make me an asshole indeed... but I'm still lovin' this board, and thanking you for being so damn cool:)

So, again-- cheers to you!
:cheers:

--------------------

Spore Trading List

OfflinePsy Baba
That was zen, This is Tao
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The land of Ports.
    #6797383 - 04/16/07 10:26 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yageman, I Don't doubt your intelligence or experience. But, in theory, Could a human brain seriously accept that much at once and stay conscious?

I guess I cant upfront say this trying to get attention, but it seems very fuzzy to me. Has there been any records of a dosage such as this in history/science before?

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Offlinedrix
Stranger
Male

#6797410 - 04/16/07 10:33 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

eat some more, thats what I heard..maybe its not true

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: i took 23 grams of dried copelandia cyanescens [Re: Psy Baba]
    #6797431 - 04/16/07 10:39 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DuNeRaVeR said:
Wouldn't someone technically just black out, wake up, and not remember anything on a dose like that?

Not really
I seriously doubt his story

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

OfflineJohn0809
Sporehut King
Male

Re: i took 23 grams of dried copelandia cyanescens [Re: OldSpice]
    #6798602 - 04/17/07 06:54 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

dsounds like a troll to me...
if being honest thou..

Do what I do..WHen in doubt take 5 more shrooms

JS

--------------------
Check out my Site!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale