Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Law of Bullshit [Re: adrug]
    #6784899 - 04/13/07 09:14 PM (17 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

adrug said:
I think its refreshing.

This forum is pretty one sided most of the time. Granted, people here tend to disagree with each other on the specifics which is why this place stays alive, but for the most part, the conversations are self-serving and if anyone manages to rebut something, it is ignored more often than not. Skeptics are more than welcome here as far as I'm concerned. If anything, they at least make you think about why you believe what you believe. I'm surprised you don't feel the same way. :shrug:

I agree with you, but find it more refreshing when these "skeptics" actively engage in discussion of ideas, or propose a provocative topic for discussion, and not just a cop-out on how formulaic and predictable some unspecific, generalized phenomenon is. Perhaps this is what Icelander was referring to. I personally find it to be rather boring and formulaic itself, which is what I previously stated.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Law of Bullshit [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6784973 - 04/13/07 09:34 PM (17 years, 7 days ago)

that's an assumption on your part.  I think that orgone conclusion put out a general idea and said it's a law.  skeptic or not isn't the issue.  What I found hidden under the layers of 'bullshit' is the idea that one can trust their own mind to the fullest, as he/she did in making a law, by standing by logic.

What you are doing now is looking at the poster rather than the idea behind the thread.  you may find it boring, and I'm not trying to convince you otherwise (it may well be), but that's not to say it IS boring. It's the same line of thinking that orogoneconclusion is using to support his law

IE the law of bullshit is based on bullshit :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: Law of Bullshit [Re: kaiowas]
    #6785350 - 04/13/07 11:50 PM (17 years, 7 days ago)

Yea, and bullshit attracts bullshit :grin:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Law of Bullshit [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #6785363 - 04/13/07 11:55 PM (17 years, 7 days ago)

If I put two cowpies side-by-side, an inch apart in a vacuum chamber and came back a month later, would they actually be closer?

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: Law of Bullshit [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #6785606 - 04/14/07 01:15 AM (17 years, 6 days ago)

Sure, if you removed gravitation as well. :smile:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Law of Bullshit [Re: kaiowas]
    #6786589 - 04/14/07 10:44 AM (17 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
that's an assumption on your part.

What is an assumption on my part? The notion that the original post exists as the result of a similar, simple formula used to a specific end? Years of documented evidence could be researched to provide a basis for such an "assumption", yet certain realities would require it to be exchanged in private message. :grin:

Quote:

I think that orgone conclusion put out a general idea and said it's a law.

No, that's simply an assumption on your part. :lol:

Quote:

skeptic or not isn't the issue.

Tell that to Adrug - she is the one who brought it up and the person I responded to.

Quote:

What you are doing now is looking at the poster rather than the idea behind the thread.

What you are doing now is making brazen assumptions as to what I am "looking at". Please demonstrate exactly how your unsubstantiated conclusion as to the nature of my actions bears the slightest hint of being accurate. :smirk:

Quote:

you may find it boring, and I'm not trying to convince you otherwise (it may well be), but that's not to say it IS boring. It's the same line of thinking that orogoneconclusion is using to support his law

No, really? :shocked:

I guess that'll teach me to use phrases such as "I personally find that...". :rolleyes: Adrug proposed a perspective on how she feels the presence of a certain poster is refreshing, her personal opinion, and I proposed an alternate perspective on the matter. That's called discussion, and your taking the time to propose that what was clearly expressed as personal opinion does not equate with objective truth is baffling. :shrug:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order