Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesoulcircus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6786551 - 04/14/07 10:33 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by soulcircus<p>Reason for deletion: .

Edited by soulcircus (03/31/08 03:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBoaz
Stranger
Male

Loc: Maybe next door..
Re: Which spiritual practise involves moving with the flow of energy? [Re: soulcircus]
    #6786557 - 04/14/07 10:36 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I believe it is the TAO. DOH! it's Taoism.

Edited by Boaz (04/14/07 10:38 AM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Which spiritual practice involves moving with the flow of energy? [Re: soulcircus]
    #6786570 - 04/14/07 10:39 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I find reiki very beneficial for me ( though I think that since we're not all the same, each of us has to find his/hers own way). I also learned that sticking to the traditional method (again for me) produces no effects... maybe because it gives me the impression that I've borrowed it without any right and then finding things of my own that goes along with it makes perfect sense.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Which spiritual practise involves moving with the flow of energy? [Re: soulcircus]
    #6786669 - 04/14/07 11:17 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

soulcircus said:
thats all, i can't be any more specific, but if one knows? thanks

Rational Emotive Behavior.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblespiritualemerg
Stranger

Re: Which spiritual practise involves moving with the flow of energy? [Re: Icelander]
    #6789023 - 04/14/07 10:38 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The word Qigong (pronounced "chee gong") is a combination of two ideas: “Qi” means air, breath of life, or vital energy of the body, and “gong” means the skill of working with, or cultivating, self-discipline and achievement. The art of Qigong consists primarily of meditation, relaxation, physical movement, mind-body integration, and breathing exercises. Practitioners of Qigong develop an awareness of qi sensations (energy) in their body and use their mind to guide the Qi. When the practitioners achieve a sufficient skill level (master), they can direct or emit external Qi for the purpose of healing others.

For thousands of years, millions of people have benefited from Qigong practices and believed that improving the function of Qi maintains health and heals disease. In traditional Chinese medicine, good health is a result of a free flowing, well-balanced energy system. It is believed that regular practice of Qigong helps to cleanse the body of toxins, restore energy, reduce stress and anxiety, and help individuals maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. Although there is not yet an instrument that can measure the strength of Qi and that we may not fully know what Qi is physically, research has shown that external Qi of a Qigong master could produce significant structural changes in water and aqueous solutions, alter the phase behavior of dipalmitoyl phosphatidyl choline (DPPC) liposomes, and enable the growth of Fab protein crystals (Yan et al. 1999). It has been said that Qigong is one of the most powerful healing traditions ever developed in human history. It is literally a health wonder of the world.

Qigong

Edited by spiritualemerg (04/14/07 10:51 PM)

Invisiblespiritualemerg
Stranger

Re: Which spiritual practise involves moving with the flow of energy? [Re: spiritualemerg]
    #6789348 - 04/15/07 01:16 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

PS: soulcircus -- Whatever voice prompted you to ask that question and regardless of the answers, listen to that voice. It's telling you, "...Go this way ..."

See also:
  • The Tao

Music of the Hour: Suzanne

• Edited by spiritualemerg (04/16/07 10:06 PM)

InvisibleCracka_X
    Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
    Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    Loc: Swamp
        #6789391 - 04/15/07 01:42 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

look toward the chinese. They have all the answers.

--------------------
    The best way to live
    is to be like water
    For water benefits all things
    and goes against none of them
    It provides for all people
    and even cleanses those places
    a man is loath to go
    In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Invisiblespiritualemerg
    Stranger

Re: Which spiritual practise involves moving with the flow of energy? [Re: Cracka_X]
        #6789423 - 04/15/07 02:13 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The best way to live
    is to be like water
    a man is loath to go
    In this way it is just like Tao

-Lao Tzu

Agreed.

--------------------
    ~ Kindness is cheap.  It's unkindness that always demands the highest price.

Blogs: Spiritual Emergency | Spiritual Recovery | Voices of Recovery | A Jungian Approach to Psychosis

Invisiblespiritualemerg
    Stranger

Re: Which spiritual practise involves moving with the flow of energy? [Re: spiritualemerg]
        #6789506 - 04/15/07 03:12 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

One day you finally knew
      what you had to do, and began,
      though the voices around you
      kept shouting
      their bad advice --
      though the whole house
      began to tremble
      and you felt the old tug
      at your ankles.

"Mend my life!"
      each voice cried.
      But you didn't stop.
      You knew what you had to do,
      though the wind pried
      with its stiff fingers
      at the very foundations,
      though their melancholy
      was terrible.
      It was already late
      enough, and a wild night,
      and the road full of fallen
      branches and stones.

But little by little,
      as you left their voices behind,
      the stars began to burn
      through the sheets of clouds,
      and there was a new voice
      which you slowly
      recognized as your own,
      that kept you company
      as you strode deeper and deeper
      into the world,
      determined to do
      the only thing you could do --
      determined to save
      the only life you could save.

Mary Oliver

Music of the Hour: Unwell

Edited by spiritualemerg (04/15/07 02:00 PM)

InvisibleCracka_X
    Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
        #6789513 - 04/15/07 03:15 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I really like that.

--------------------
    The best way to live
    is to be like water
    a man is loath to go

InvisibleCracka_X
    Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
        #6789641 - 04/15/07 05:13 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

soulcircus said:
    thats all, i can't be any more specific, but if one knows? thanks

How about Tai Chi? Would that be considered a spiritual practice? This is pretty much energy/flow based with the movements and such. Any martial art actually. Any sport and anything could be energy/flow related... find your center.

--------------------
    The best way to live
    is to be like water
    a man is loath to go

OfflineBlueCoyote
    Beyond
    Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
        #6789661 - 04/15/07 05:48 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Tai Chi sounds very reasonable.
    ReiKi is what also comes to my mind, but it's by far not as profound as Tai Chi.
    Chi is seen as 'life energy' in general.
    The TAO, with its I Ching and Yin/Yang is surely an aid into comprehension of balanced energy flows, as it seems base of most eastern 'spiritual practices' and is quite 'old'.
    I have no real experience in Tai Chi or ReiKi, only as of a beginner with occasional experiments, which would tend me to develop some 'methods' suiting my own, for myself if necessary :smile:
    The TAO is a great model in which the Chi can be incorporated properly :smile:
    Best good 'vibes' from my side !
    :heart:

--------------------
    Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
    "Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
    'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Invisiblespiritualemerg
    Stranger

Re: Which spiritual practise involves moving with the flow of energy? [Re: BlueCoyote]
        #6791126 - 04/15/07 03:43 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I wonder, soulcircus, if acupunture could begin to offer you some relief. Alternatively, or as a companion therapy, perhaps tai chi or chigong would be a practice that could begin to help you balance that energy flow within you.

I am concerned for you. I know whatever place you're in, it's a painful place. Sometimes people can get stuck there and they need some assistance to move forward. Chigong, Tai Chi, acupuncture -- those might be some tools that could help you. I recommend that you proceed at a very gentle place and be perfectly honest with whomever you might choose to work with. As I understand it, some people have found relief in this manner, others find that their symptoms worsen.

Something else that could possibly be helpful is talk therapy. Sometimes an energy blockage is related to an earlier trauma that you still hold in your body; processing that trauma is what frees up the energy and gets it moving again. The process of ego fragmentation / ego dissolution itself can be traumatic if you've had no preparation -- even those who have long been following a spiritual path can find it to be a very difficult experience to move through. Talk therapy may be able to help you process and integrate that experience.

As you know, mainstream psychiatry doesn't tend to be very helpful in this area however, I have some links for therapists who work with those undergoing various forms of spiritual emergencies at the bottom of this page. You can find more links here. I would encourage you to write or call some of them -- even if they're too far away to work with you they might be able to recommend someone in your area, or offer some specific recommendations that will bring you some resolution and relief.

There's also some very good information here: Kundalini Survival Guide [Edited]. This site also offers online support: Kundalini Support Network

Physical, Emotional, Mental, Spiritual, Relational -- these are all areas where healing has to take place. Anything that can assist you in moving forward in one of these areas can be helpful.

--------------------

Blogs: Spiritual Emergency | Spiritual Recovery | Voices of Recovery | A Jungian Approach to Psychosis

Edited by spiritualemerg (04/16/07 06:26 AM)

InvisibleIcelander
    The Minstrel in the Gallery
    Male

Loc: underbelly
        #6791399 - 04/15/07 04:56 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Great post.:thumbup:

--------------------
    "Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
    The more knowledge, the more grief.
    Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineBlueCoyote
    Beyond
    Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    Re: Which spiritual practise involves moving with the flow of energy? [Re: Icelander]
        #6791421 - 04/15/07 05:03 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
    Great post.:thumbup:

--------------------
    Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
    "Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
    'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Invisiblespiritualemerg
    Stranger

Re: Which spiritual practise involves moving with the flow of energy? [Re: BlueCoyote]
        #6791860 - 04/15/07 07:07 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

soulcircus:

I edited my post above to include a more current link. Bob Boyd now has a blog and the links there are actually current -- including this link to an online Kundalini Support Forum. It's possible you can find more specific support there.

--------------------

Edited by spiritualemerg (04/15/07 07:20 PM)

InvisibleSilversoul
    Rhizome
    Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
        #6792724 - 04/15/07 10:36 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Tai Chi or various forms of yoga

--------------------

Offlinesoulcircus
    Stranger
    Male User Gallery

Re: Which spiritual practise involves moving with the flow of energy? *DELETED* [Re: Silversoul]
        #6793636 - 04/16/07 05:09 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by soulcircus

Reason for deletion: .

Invisiblethedudenj
    Man of the Woods

#6793661 - 04/16/07 05:43 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

ha ha a better question is which dont? dont forget about all the lovely native tribal ones not one preson thought of hmm shamanism.
    Hinduism as well and any type of magicery. and lets not forget reiki

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
    you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Invisiblespiritualemerg
    Stranger

#6793728 - 04/16/07 06:24 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

:-)

A couple things have to happen for an individual going through a crisis, soulcircus -- the first thing is that they have to get through it. Often, those who have "been there" are in the best position to help. I hope there's something in those links (or others I've left scattered around) that might be helpful to you.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale