Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Warning to New Zealanders
    #677141 - 06/13/02 05:07 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

This is a warning to all New Zealanders:

Don't buy spores from overseas vendors. Last night I had a visit from two burly NZ Customs officers who questioned me and confiscated a syringe of psilocybe spores I ordered from Sporeworks. They didnt threaten to fine me or anything, but they gave me a warning and now I have a record, as spores are a prohibited import. The box was labelled as mushroom spores, and the syringe had psilocybe spores written on it, and they knew all about magic mushrooms (although I dont think they knew about indoor cultivation).

SO: dont mailorder spores. However I'm sure you wouldnt get caught getting a print in a plain envelope from, say, the FSRE. Safer still, beg for a print from a fellow New Zealander.

I hope this helps to stop anyone else from losing their money and getting a record.

zeta

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Warning to New Zealanders [Re: zeta]
    #677152 - 06/13/02 05:13 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

That sucks that they labled the package with Mushroom Spores. Even though they are legal in my state, I still wouldnt want them putting that on the package. Has anyone else got some sporeworks that had that labled on the package? I dont know if I want to order from them anymore.

OfflineDaGeniusE
Stranger
    #677186 - 06/13/02 05:40 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Sporeworks is required to put the contents of the container on all overseas shipments, it's required by law that anyone shipping packages overseas has to declare the contents, at least it's that way in the U.S., I don't know how it works in New Zealand
DaGeniusE

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #677271 - 06/13/02 06:38 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

that really sucks.

yeah Sporeworks had to claim them as mushroom spores.
couldn't you have told them that they were edible mushrooms?

next time get someone to send you a print.....syringes aren't that hard to make and you wouldn't have all the hassle!

take care!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Warning to New Zealanders [Re: Roadkill]
    #677274 - 06/13/02 06:44 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

My syringes arrived in an unmarked/unobvious box...but unfortunately customs requires identifying contents.

Sucks that they're making it illegal to import them....just have someone mail you a sporeprint tucked nicely inside a CD insert/jacket.

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
    #677282 - 06/13/02 06:48 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, that does suck, but then again, I think its pretty obvious that bringin in any kind of syringe is gonna get attention, especially one labelled as being psilocybe mushroom spores. I am in NZ too and I have recieved prints on tinfoil with no problems...it is the way to go...making a syringe is easy and you can innoculate a lot more jars from a print than from a syringe.
But I feel for ya man that blows that they confiscated your syringe, but did they take it any further? What do you mean by you have a record, are they gonna check all your mail now or something? Cause that would really suck.
Anyway, if all goes well I should have my first flush of B+ harvested in about 4-5 weeks, and I'd be happy to post you off a free spore print or two. Just PM me and we can talk about it more in private.
Have you had any luck with hunting so far this season? I've had kinda shitty luck here but I think its still pretty good compared to some areas, I mean at least I've found *some* shrooms (about 6 trips worth). You might wanna check out the thread called 'help - any NZers in here?' which is in the 'Mushroom hunting' forum there have been a few kiwis reply, its good to get a wee community goin since there aren't many (non-stupid) shroomers in this country.
Good luck with any future spore importation.

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
    #677283 - 06/13/02 06:48 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Strange, when I got a spore print from the Sporeworks it was just sent in a bubble envelope with nothing on it but my name.
So why did they have to declare yours?
Unless ofcourse it was a syringe in which case I can understand.
Biological contaminants and all that jazz coming through the mail is a big problem.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Warning to New Zealanders [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #677399 - 06/13/02 08:30 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Yep all overseas parcels must have their contents declared, and I'm sure you'd need a permit to import any seeds or spores into New Zealand, so I guess my plan was doomed from the start.

Its not like my record means anything though, only that if I was caught importing prohibited imports again, then they'd probably prosecute me. They won't be monitoring me or anything..

Thanks for the offer Peace Patrol, Atoning Unifex has already sent me an Ecuador print so I'm set for the moment but when I feel like some variety I'll get in touch. I have never found a wild shroom, I'm not sure where to start looking. But I hear they grow around Canterbury Uni so I'm keeping my eyes peeled, but it hasnt rained in weeks so I wouldnt expect there to be many around yet.

I went and got 5 euros from the bureau de change yesterday to send to the FSRE, the fuckers charged me $17!! They say you get one print per envelope so I'll send off the 5 euros and 5 envelopes, one for me, one for a mate and if any other New Zealanders want a print from the FSRE then check out their website and pm me with your address and the strain you want.

zeta

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #677520 - 06/14/02 12:18 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

For a start it is illegal to send or receive syringes in Australia and New Zealand and that is before they are filled with mushrooms spores.
Spores are not illegal because they contain no psychoactive properties, however the importation of living materials or organic matter such as mushroom spores and/or cultures is prohibited by quarantine in both Australia and New Zealand.
No one to my knowledge has ever imported spore syringes into Australia - and few would try. I have imported cultures (sneakily) and spore prints personally without a problem.
Sporeprints are often placed in letter-sized envelopes thus are not opened routinely for inspection whereas a box with mushrooms spores on he label and obviously containing a syringe when xrayed would obviously cause problems.

--------------------

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#677742 - 06/14/02 05:34 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Warning to New Zealanders [Re: psilocyber]
    #678640 - 06/14/02 01:58 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry if I didnt make myself clear.
They didnt allow me to recieve the syringe, they brought it with them when they questioned me, so I did get to have a look at it but they certainly weren't going to let me keep it.

Thanks for your concern psilocyber, I'm not saying it was your fault in any way. If I'd realised how easy making spore syringes was back then, I would have ordered a print.

So the moral of the story is, if you're in Australia or New Zealand, stick with ordering prints. Syringes are easy to make and prints won't get you busted by customs.

Offlinegoldtop
Wild Spore

Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #678685 - 06/14/02 02:25 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

a friend of mine got a spore print delivered from MushMush(netherland) to australia, and nothing was labelled!

it came in plain envelope. It looked just like a letter!

Perhaps you should order prints instead of syringes?

--------------------
"I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it NOW!" - Queen

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds