Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com CVG Mushroom Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDrunkyDaBear
marijuana'llmake ya jump offbridges
Male User Gallery

Loc: the swamp
help needed.. w/pics
    #6786274 - 04/14/07 08:59 AM (17 years, 6 days ago)

hi.. this is my first try growing shroomies.. these jars were inoculated six days ago, and theyre already like halfway consumed.. which i was understanding it takes a couple few weeks to get to that point.. so im kind of startin to think it could be a contam or something :frown: ive had a couple people ive described it to say its cobweb.. so i decided to take a pic and show yall for some expert advice.. i appreciate any help.. thank you

--------------------
i know the pieces fit, cuz i watched them fall away. mildewed and smoldering, fundamental differing. pure intention juxtaposed will set two lovers souls in motion, disenigrating as it goes, testing our communication. the light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us, so, we cannot seem to reach an end, crippling our communication.
the poetry that comes from the squaring off between, and the circling is worth it, finding beauty in the dissonance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXeluc
Traveler
Male

Re: help needed.. w/pics [Re: DrunkyDaBear]
    #6786287 - 04/14/07 09:02 AM (17 years, 6 days ago)

Looks good to me.. What temp are you incubating at?

Offlinezathan
Buttstuff
 User Gallery
Loc: So long stinktown
    #6786296 - 04/14/07 09:06 AM (17 years, 6 days ago)

Spore or LC innoc?

Offlineexagram
Phear the shroom
 User Gallery

#6786297 - 04/14/07 09:06 AM (17 years, 6 days ago)

Looks splendid. If it were a contamination, those jars would probably be overrun by now, and quite a distinct grey colour.

--------------------
Raoul Duke: What Leary took down with him was the central illusion of a whole lifestyle that he helped create - a generation of permanent cripples, failed seekers, who never understood the essential old-mystic fallacy of the acid culture: the desperate assumption that somebody, or at least some force, is tending the light at the end of the tunnel.

OfflineDrunkyDaBear
Male User Gallery

Re: help needed.. w/pics [Re: Xeluc]
    #6786314 - 04/14/07 09:11 AM (17 years, 6 days ago)

i have a thermometer in the cooler, but it wont get over 70 degrees.. i put perlite in there and wet it down slightly and put a cover on the cooler but it doesnt seem to be making it any more humid.. and i screwed up actually, it hasnt been six days, it has been eight.. i did them last friday so today is eight.. im just hoping they dont get dehydrated then im good to go

edit: i also happened to be staggering drunk when i inoculated too lol.. and on a couple, the holes werent big enough to fit the needle, and i missed one inoculation point on three jars.. im assuming itll still take over that section of the jar right? it might make the process slower im assuming

--------------------
i know the pieces fit, cuz i watched them fall away. mildewed and smoldering, fundamental differing. pure intention juxtaposed will set two lovers souls in motion, disenigrating as it goes, testing our communication. the light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us, so, we cannot seem to reach an end, crippling our communication.
the poetry that comes from the squaring off between, and the circling is worth it, finding beauty in the dissonance.

Edited by DrunkyDaBear (04/14/07 09:13 AM)

InvisibleDJYoshaBYD
Male

#6786329 - 04/14/07 09:17 AM (17 years, 6 days ago)

possibly... seriously, what did you do to get them to colonize so fast? 8 days and almost full permeation? were you using a spore syringe or liquid noc or what? it looks like a g2g or a LC.... wither way, you are doing pretty good for your first time... just wait for the fruiting though... that will be fun...

OfflineDrunkyDaBear
Male User Gallery

Re: help needed.. w/pics [Re: DJYoshaBYD]
    #6786339 - 04/14/07 09:21 AM (17 years, 6 days ago)

i used spore syringes.. four jars are cambodian, five are acadian coast.. but the thing is, like i said i was tore up drunk :laugh: and what i think made them colonize so fast is that i used 2 10cc syringes between these 9 jars.. when one 10cc is supposed to inoculate like 10 or so i guess.. i think thats what it is, cuz the myc was totally rippin and the last two days its kinda steadied out and slowed down.. thats why im hoping it didnt get dehydrated, because i didnt pressure cook the jars, i just steamed them in a pot for 1 hour 10 minutes.. but im hopeful :laugh: its doin good so far

edit: btw, these cakes are fine verm and brf.. 2 parts verm, one part brf, one part water

--------------------

Edited by DrunkyDaBear (04/14/07 09:24 AM)

InvisibleDJYoshaBYD
Male

#6786355 - 04/14/07 09:27 AM (17 years, 6 days ago)

excellent... thats one way to do it... when I was younger I would squirt 2 or 3 cc's in a jar with a swirling motion... that would make it start to colonize in a ring and work down... dramatically cut down on my veg time, but also made replacing syringes all the time a must... keep it up...

OfflineDrunkyDaBear
Male User Gallery

#6786403 - 04/14/07 09:40 AM (17 years, 6 days ago)

true.. well the way i thought it was is that you only have to buy syringes one time, unless you want different strains of course.. cuz once you have a successful grow you just take a print and make your own syringes right? also.. does anyone know where i can find the mckennaii strain? i cant find it anywhere and i wants it :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleDJYoshaBYD
Male

#6786419 - 04/14/07 09:48 AM (17 years, 6 days ago)

as long as you get shrooms, you get prints, if you get prints, then just make more syringes... thats the boat im in now... Im on my last cc and if this doesnt work Im going to have to use BRF and I dont want to do that cause i dont like cakes anymore.. casing just makes better, bigger, larger flushing myc... but if I must then I must... its hard to get spores in Cali when you are the only person you know that dabbles in exotic mycological hurticultural cultivation... hehehehe

OfflineDrunkyDaBear
Male User Gallery

#6786482 - 04/14/07 10:11 AM (17 years, 6 days ago)

i thought that you could use brf cakes for casings? thats what i plan on doing with at least three of these cakes .. maybe four.. and another question.. ive seen this stuff thats pretty much manure based and its called "mushroom compost" its sold in the soil aisle at lowes.. can i use that as a top layer in a casing? or can i just use verm as the top layer?

--------------------

Offlinezathan
Buttstuff
 User Gallery
Loc: So long stinktown
    #6786487 - 04/14/07 10:12 AM (17 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

DrunkyDaBear said:
ive seen this stuff thats pretty much manure based and its called "mushroom compost" its sold in the soil aisle at lowes.. can i use that as a top layer in a casing? or can i just use verm as the top layer?

No, it's spent mushroom substrate and probably acidic because of that. Use the verm.

InvisibleDJYoshaBYD
Male

#6786502 - 04/14/07 10:18 AM (17 years, 6 days ago)

the only reason I dont like using brown rice is because the shrooms are sub-standard quality no matter what you do... I just like grain spawn... But brown rice is fool proof... well kinda..haha... yes you can break them up and use them like that... I just prefer grain spawn.. nothing beats a phat flush from a bunch of rye berries... except for other the big bulk substrates like poooo and wheat straw...

InvisibleRoachMan
Old Man
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest
    #6786683 - 04/14/07 11:26 AM (17 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

DJYoshaBYD said:
the only reason I dont like using brown rice is because the shrooms are sub-standard quality no matter what you do... I just like grain spawn... But brown rice is fool proof... well kinda..haha... yes you can break them up and use them like that... I just prefer grain spawn.. nothing beats a phat flush from a bunch of rye berries... except for other the big bulk substrates like poooo and wheat straw...

Hey, man...I love grain-spawn TOO, but you can't dispute the quality of a mushroom just because it was grown on brown rice or brown rice flour in a PF cake.

--------------------
"The mistake that I make is to try to come awake in a place you're just supposed to get shit faced or baked."

InvisibleDJYoshaBYD
Male

Re: help needed.. w/pics [Re: RoachMan]
    #6786734 - 04/14/07 11:45 AM (17 years, 6 days ago)

Its not that im disputing it just from the way that I feel when I take them... Grain spawn is nutritionaly superior to brown rice or flour... I know they will still be potent, but when it comes to nutrient content between the two, grain spawn is just better suited... Its not opinion, its fact... look it up...

Although I do love the ease of just throwing some rice cakes in a fruiting chamber and not really worrying about anything... I have never screwed up using rice... not once... but grain took a while to master, and i was impressed with the results when put in comparison to cased rice... its just so easy

InvisibleRoachMan
Old Man
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest
    #6786795 - 04/14/07 12:08 PM (17 years, 6 days ago)

I know nutrition, thanks; you shouldn't be so quick to judge.

You might get a positive rating sooner.

--------------------
"The mistake that I make is to try to come awake in a place you're just supposed to get shit faced or baked."

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: help needed.. w/pics [Re: RoachMan]
    #6786826 - 04/14/07 12:20 PM (17 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

but when it comes to nutrient content between the two, grain spawn is just better suited... Its not opinion, its fact... look it up...

Wrong. PF cakes have a much higher BE than grains. Look it up. Don't be so quick to judge. I use grains 99% of the time, but that doesn't mean BRF is inferior, and neither one causes the mushrooms to be more or less potent. To claim otherwise is the same as claiming a certain food can turn pee-wee herman into arnold, or a retard into an Einstein. Such is not supported by the facts.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleDJYoshaBYD
Male

Re: help needed.. w/pics [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6786909 - 04/14/07 12:48 PM (17 years, 6 days ago)

thats just what I have read... appearantly I read wrong...

and what do you mean dont be so quick to judge? Who am I judging besides some rice and some grain? Come on, now...

what gets you bigger flushes?

A. cased grain spawn?
B. cased rice flour?

answer = A

Im not the only one that considers cased grain to be a better and higher yielding substrate... As for potency, I am sorry but I must have been misinformed...

Think about it.. Why does everybody who gets phat flushes use grain spawn and bulk substrates? I stopped using BRF after my first crop with grain spawn... it made a HUGE difference in size and quantity of shrooms... and I used the same grow chamber and equipment... just a different substrate...

GRAIN SPAWN FOR LIFE!!!! YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHHH.... haha

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: help needed.. w/pics [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6786948 - 04/14/07 12:59 PM (17 years, 6 days ago)

Ive grown plenty of mushrooms on horse manure and brf. I'm a firm believer that horse manure mushrooms are more potent. You cant feed your dogs turnip greens and expect to win the iditarod. Horse manure/ cow manure is what they are supposed to grow on in nature.
Ive got a friend who just got done growing some pf tek. He said the shrooms was ok, but were nothing like the ones Ive given him, which were grown on horse manure.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (04/14/07 01:02 PM)

OfflineDrunkyDaBear
Male User Gallery

#6786989 - 04/14/07 01:10 PM (17 years, 6 days ago)

i did have another question maybe i can get awnsered without making a new topic.. a buddy of mine said take the tape off the inoculation points so the cakes can get air.. should i do this?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com CVG Mushroom Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder