Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRahie
Stranger
Male
Rocker Trey Anastasio pleads guilty, avoids jail in drug case
    #6782518 - 04/13/07 10:12 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.amny.com/news/local/wire/ny-bc-ny--people-anastasio0413apr13,0,4436002.story?coll=ny-ap-regional-wire
FORT EDWARD, N.Y. -- Former Phish rocker Trey Anastasio pleaded guilty Friday to a felony drug charge, avoiding jail time under an agreement that calls for him to participate in a drug court program and drops more serious charges.

Anastasio, 42, pleaded guilty to attempted criminal possession of a controlled substance, admitting in court that he was in possession of Vicodin, Percocet, heroin and Xanax when he was pulled over for a traffic stop.

advertisement
Under the drug court program, Anastasio will have to spend 12 to 15 months making weekly court appearances. He will also be subject to drug testing and will have to perform community service.

"He's accepted responsibility," said Washington County District Attorney Kevin Kortright. "That's all we can ask for."

Judge Kelly S. McKeighan postponed sentencing until Anastasio completes the program. If he is successful, he will get five years probation. If he is not, he could get three years in prison.

"He's committed to this," said defense attorney Stephen Coffey. "He was wrong. He's admitted he was wrong."

Coffey and Kortright said Anastasio got no special treatment because of his fame.

"I don't think it helped him. I don't think it hurt him," said Coffey. He said Anastasio gets treatment daily and is attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.

Anastasio didn't talk to reporters as he walked out of the courthouse, getting into a black van and leaving.

Anastasio, who has been performing solo since Phish broke up in 2004, now lives in New York City but plans to move to the Fort Edward area while he is participating in the drug court program, according to Coffey.

On Dec. 15, Anastasio was spotted weaving on U.S. 4 and pulled over by police in Whitehall. He failed a roadside sobriety test and was charged with possession of a prescription painkiller that belonged to another person, driving under the influence of drugs and driving under the influence of alcohol, which are all felonies.

He also was charged with possession of heroin, possession of an anti-anxiety drug prescribed to someone else, and possession of a second prescription painkiller belonging to another person, which are misdemeanors.

After the arrest, Anastasio issued a written statement saying he felt "terrible about what happened last night, and I am deeply sorry for any embarrassment I have caused my friends, family and fans."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePopTop
I'll cut yourfeet!!

Re: Rocker Trey Anastasio pleads guilty, avoids jail in drug case [Re: Rahie]
    #6782528 - 04/13/07 10:17 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

So possession of someone else's prescription painkiller is a felony, and possession of heroin is a misdemeanor???

NY, LOL

--------------------
Please be careful when picking up Poptops with hankys. A Poptop can cut a Hanky.

OfflineJunkFood
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: NYC
    #6782548 - 04/13/07 10:24 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Rahie said:
"He's committed to this," said defense attorney Stephen Coffey. "He was wrong. He's admitted he was wrong."

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!

--------------------
HOW'S MY POSTING? CLICK HERE

InvisibleRahie
Stranger
Male
Re: Rocker Trey Anastasio pleads guilty, avoids jail in drug case [Re: JunkFood]
    #6782553 - 04/13/07 10:26 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Trey walked right pass me once, looks like I will get to meet him soon. I live right near Ft. Edward and he has to stay 30 minutes away for drug court. So I bet he will be around my town.

OfflinePopTop
I'll cut yourfeet!!

Re: Rocker Trey Anastasio pleads guilty, avoids jail in drug case [Re: JunkFood]
    #6782558 - 04/13/07 10:29 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

JunkFood said:
Quote:

Rahie said:

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!

They all tend to stay wrong together in NY.

--------------------
Please be careful when picking up Poptops with hankys. A Poptop can cut a Hanky.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #6782596 - 04/13/07 10:42 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

three years in prison for dui/possesion charges thats a little bit of scare mongering I believe. I don't think repeat rapists often get that long of a sentence. If he completes the drug court he should have his charges dropped and expunged no fuckin 5 years of probation thats ridiculous he should just get five years probabtion of the bat and no drug court bullshit.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflinePopTop
I'll cut yourfeet!!

#6782598 - 04/13/07 10:43 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

By the way, since when is Trey Anastasio a "rocker"? :lol:

--------------------

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Rocker Trey Anastasio pleads guilty, avoids jail in drug case [Re: PopTop]
    #6782616 - 04/13/07 10:47 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PopTop said:
By the way, since when is Trey Anastasio a "rocker"? :lol:

Well I think they meant to say he smokes rocks.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflinePopTop
I'll cut yourfeet!!

Re: Rocker Trey Anastasio pleads guilty, avoids jail in drug case [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #6782639 - 04/13/07 10:56 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Oh, well that makes sense then. Thanks for clarifying that!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1