Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet Earth
Shrooms are gross
    #6777000 - 04/11/07 09:17 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

I think i'm going to never eat mushrooms again unless it's psilocybin extracted and in a comfortable place with nice people. They just make me feel so sick deep in my stomach i can feel that they are not really supposed to be ingested.

I know you all love mushrooms but for some reason i just had to post this. Please don't flame.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Shrooms are gross [Re: Phishe]
    #6777005 - 04/11/07 09:19 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

i think you would still get nauseous from pure psilocybin crystals

--------------------

Offlinecalgone47
Stranger
    #6777006 - 04/11/07 09:19 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

But they are supposed to be ingested...

OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Re: Shrooms are gross [Re: DeathCompany]
    #6777026 - 04/11/07 09:25 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

DeathCompany said:

Why's that? I thought it was from all the other nasty thing's the mushroom is made of?

Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

#6777029 - 04/11/07 09:26 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

Take some dremamine before or with the shrooms. It should help out the stomach discomfort. I know what you mean though

--------------------
“Let’s put it this way – to lump psychedelic mushrooms into the same group as methamphetamine is like lumping the Bible into the same group as Mein Kampf.
I mean shit; they’re both books, right?”

Joe Rogan

R.I.P. - "Bones" - One of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know and become friends with.

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6777033 - 04/11/07 09:27 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

Have you tried a tea? Perhaps a tea w/ ginger in it? I know some good prep methods if you are interested. I have noticed the tea method usually reduces nausea, and having some ginger tea in there usually helps even more. Sorry to hear you've been having bad experiences. Tea by yourself in a dark\dimly lit room with good music tends to instigate a good experience. :shrug:

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Re: Shrooms are gross [Re: SDP]
    #6777041 - 04/11/07 09:29 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

SDP said:
Have you tried a tea? Perhaps a tea w/ ginger in it? I know some good prep methods if you are interested. I have noticed the tea method usually reduces nausea, and having some ginger tea in there usually helps even more. Sorry to hear you've been having bad experiences. Tea by yourself in a dark\dimly lit room with good music tends to instigate a good experience. :shrug:

Yeah, i've tried ginger and it helps me not throw up, but i still feel the intoxication.
Does tea get rid of the taste too? I basically had a nasty method of crushing up my shrooms in a class of orange juice and adding ginger, and drinking it down. So gross because most of the orange juice had nasty chunks mushroom in it.

I think I'll definately do mushrooms in a dark lit room by myself next time.

InvisibleInfested
Stranger
Male

#6777098 - 04/11/07 09:50 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

You will get sick all the time, thats your body's reaction to foreign substances.

And as for taste it does not matter, it can be easily killed by pizza, or tea, or even some good old OJ.

Besides if you want the experience you will not care for nausea or the taste.

Peace, take care.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

#6777189 - 04/11/07 10:16 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Phishe said:
Quote:

DeathCompany said:

Why's that? I thought it was from all the other nasty thing's the mushroom is made of?

well awhile back I read that since it interacts with you're 5ht2 receptors which deal with feelings nausea. Now i cant find the source so if im misinformed and someone has proof otherwise id like to read.

--------------------

OfflineDreamSignals
Morphogenetic Truth

Loc: the void
Re: Shrooms are gross [Re: DeathCompany]
    #6777228 - 04/11/07 10:25 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

bowl = nausea control, at least for me.

--------------------

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. (93)
Love is the law, love under will. (93 93/93)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #6777255 - 04/11/07 10:32 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

Hmm...I hardly ever get sick on shrooms.  The only time I have was when I took too huge a hit of pot, or when I was floating on water while tripping and experienced seasickness due to the physical personality of a guide within me.  Sometimes I feel very light nausea at the onset, but it usually passes within 30 minutes and soon it's like I'm having a total body orgasm. 

9 times out of 10, I feel great. 

Dude, you may just need to learn how to work with the energy.  If you don't bring the energy out of your belly and up into your head and out, you will feel sick.  Try moving that energy upwards next time.  I do this by keeping my spine very, very straight (don't hunch) so that the kundalini serpant can uncoil itself and rise upwards to the sky.  I stretch my arms up up up...to keep the energy moving up.  Again, I never seem to have nausea while tripping.  This type of thinking is worth a shot for you, maybe. 

I personally disagree that mushrooms aren't meant to be ingested.  If they weren't "meant to be ingested," then they wouldn't be.  I feel mushrooms connect me to Spirit and I feel a symbiosis with a higher intelligence that speaks and communicates to me through vision, thought and sensation, with sometimes no seperation between the three.  If there is anything I've gotten from my personal psychedelic experiences, it's that mushrooms are there for me to use them, to have the sacred experience.  Of course, it may be different for you.  I'm just giving you another perspective. 

For nausea, try shroom tea flavored with a tea bag of your choice.  It's delicious.  I call it "rainbow tea."  (because it's fun :wink: )  There's some really good recipes on the Shroomery.  My partner can only ingest mushrooms through tea, as it's the taste of the plant matter that makes him sick.  He loves rainbow tea.  You might also want to try taking papaya enzyme and ginger capsules before you dose as they are known to help with nausea and have helped people I know in the past. 

Anyway, hope I could offer some perspective and safe journey. :heart: :mushroom2:

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

Re: Shrooms are gross [Re: MOTH]
    #6777463 - 04/11/07 11:33 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

I feel your pain man. The first 10 times or so I did mushrooms I barfed every single time after I came down. Now I just drink tea and it works wonders for me and the only time I do eat them is when I have some pans or cyans ground up in gel tablets.

OfflineLegend9123
Male

#6777651 - 04/12/07 12:40 AM (17 years, 9 days ago)

I have never had any problems with the nausea. I hope you get everything worked out and are able to enjoy shrooms once more.

--------------------
Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little security shall soon have neither.
-Benjamin Franklin

InvisibleMyRedrum
Easily Amused
Female User Gallery

Loc: Portland Flag
    #6777681 - 04/12/07 12:54 AM (17 years, 9 days ago)

smoking a bowl usually calms my stomach.  i also think that being optimistic about taking them will help a lot.  you've gotta will yourself into thinking that you won't get nauseous.  even if it does happen, it should pass within an hour. 
it's kind of like those studies where people who were much more optimistic than the other test subjects became well much faster. 

just remember to think positive, and only about the positive outcomes; mind over matter!  :cheers:
(hope that helped a little)

just keep experimenting to find out what works best for you. :thumbup:
good luck!

--------------------
there's someone in my head, but it's not me

Edited by MyRedrum (04/12/07 12:55 AM)

Offlineretrospect
Re: Shrooms are gross [Re: Infested]
    #6777731 - 04/12/07 01:14 AM (17 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Infested said:
You will get sick all the time, thats your body's reaction to foreign substances.

i never got sick on lsd? ive never done shroomes tho. are psychoactive shrooms worse tasting than normal ones from a supermarket? everyone fusses so much over the taste

Edited by retrospect (04/12/07 01:15 AM)

InvisibleDontFearThePeepr
 User Gallery

Re: Shrooms are gross [Re: retrospect]
    #6777766 - 04/12/07 01:27 AM (17 years, 9 days ago)

ehhh, it really depends. i've had them fresh and lightly salted and they tasted delicious, like gourmet! thems were homegrowns though. field shrooms taste like shit (wonder why), especially wet. i dont really like the taste of dried shrooms, but when i ground them up and soak in lemon juice the *slightly* displeasing taste is no problem at all AND the nausea is little to no issue since it kicks in a whole lot faster.

--------------------
It's only the strongest people who will actually help

OfflineKinematics
coyote vision

Loc: Colorado
    #6777773 - 04/12/07 01:33 AM (17 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Phishe said:
they are not really supposed to be ingested.

This dude found the answer, we should all stop eating mushrooms.

OfflinePootmaster
Stranger

Re: Shrooms are gross [Re: Kinematics]
    #6777864 - 04/12/07 02:23 AM (17 years, 9 days ago)

Shrooms are flippin' tasty. I dunno why people always complain about them, they really aren't as bad as people make them out to be (tast-wise, that is).

Offlinezathan
Buttstuff
 User Gallery
Loc: So long stinktown
Re: Shrooms are gross [Re: Pootmaster]
    #6777899 - 04/12/07 02:49 AM (17 years, 9 days ago)

Do you like edible shrooms?

I find that people who dislike mushrooms to eat tend to be the biggest wusses when it comes to these matters. Not me, I love mushrooms and have no problems with actives.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Shrooms are gross [Re: zathan]
    #6777907 - 04/12/07 02:56 AM (17 years, 9 days ago)

I get horrible nausea from actives and think they taste fine and enjoy certain edibles but some just don't taste good. like someone posted before i the nausea usually comes with bad thoughts. I think physical discomforts like nausea are subconsciously used to distract one from bad thoughts.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules