Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleMourningdove
Stranger
Re: Like Edwards, Obama Ditches Fox News Debate [Re: Redstorm]
    #6770613 - 04/10/07 02:42 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

It's pretty smart to be weary of democrats, but downright stupid to support republicans...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKamin
Male

#6770912 - 04/10/07 03:46 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
I realize that, but I would wager a guess that most of the people who watch that channel are solidly Republican.

That's true enough.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#6771524 - 04/10/07 06:26 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
There are many, many more effective ways to attract undecideds and swing votes than to appear on Fox News. I doubt many true independents or libertarians watch that channel.

Why not try to attract republicans? I know many republicans who would consider voting democrat if their position was unifying instead of divisive. We need to stop this "us and them" mentality. The only thing divisiveness achieves is pushing away perfectly reasonable people and polarizing them for no reason. We need a democratic candidate who is willing to speak to republicans instead of ostracizing them and trying to get that 51% of the vote. This is not the way forward.

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
Re: Like Edwards, Obama Ditches Fox News Debate [Re: lonestar2004]
    #6771902 - 04/10/07 07:32 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I can understand this. Fox has been real rough on Obama. I don't know what Edwards excuse is.

But yeah, like Redstorm says, it doesn't really matter. Not many republicans would vote for Obama, and I don't think any would vote for Edwards.

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

Offlinemalcom43
Stranger

Re: Like Edwards, Obama Ditches Fox News Debate [Re: Mourningdove]
    #6772797 - 04/10/07 10:03 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

W/ regards to the people who say all news is garbage political crap, I diaggree. I read my local paper (for local issues only, really, I don't care what the AP thinks unless I want to compare to other papers), and the NYT and the WSJ, as well as look online for stories I'm interested in.

I don't see why people think all readers of a particular paper agree with the viewpoints of such paper, and really, I don't find much blatant bias in the paper itself, and the opinion/editorials aren't news anyway.

Besides, I read for the facts and assess interpretations for their logical basis in those facts, which is why the tv is so frustrating. 1 min of factual content, 29 of people screaming at each other.

My personal beliefs are largely consistant with the libertarian party of the USA, but I don't mind reading papers which aren't identified with such a philosphy (most aren't) and I get value out of them.

Offlinemalcom43
Stranger

Re: Like Edwards, Obama Ditches Fox News Debate [Re: Mourningdove]
    #6772813 - 04/10/07 10:08 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mourningdove said:
It's pretty smart to be weary of democrats, but downright stupid to support republicans...

Lets make a distinction between the republican party (which I know you mean) and the republican voters. The later aren't all braindead. I know many that don't care about gay marriage/ flag burning/ killing brown people, and all the other b.s. distractions the rep. party uses, but nonetheless support the party due to a perception that they are better for taxation and economy issues.

While I agree with the desires of these people (those I'm speaking of who support the rep's for tax, economy issues) the track record of the rep. party is not too good in these issues at least on the national stage.

Besides I find the jailing of drug-offenders to be a human-rights issue as well as a sad waste of taxes and immoral subsidization of the ustice system's budgets and prison guard union.

THis is why I personally don't vote republican.

edit: also the iraqi war/ Patriot act are goot litmus test issues esp the latter that won't allow me to vote republican usually- depending on the candidate.

Edited by malcom43 (04/10/07 10:10 PM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Like Edwards, Obama Ditches Fox News Debate [Re: malcom43]
    #6773949 - 04/11/07 06:07 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

W/ regards to the people who say all news is garbage political crap, I diaggree. I read my local paper (for local issues only, really, I don't care what the AP thinks unless I want to compare to other papers), and the NYT and the WSJ, as well as look online for stories I'm interested in.

I don't see why people think all readers of a particular paper agree with the viewpoints of such paper, and really, I don't find much blatant bias in the paper itself, and the opinion/editorials aren't news anyway.

Besides, I read for the facts and assess interpretations for their logical basis in those facts, which is why the tv is so frustrating. 1 min of factual content, 29 of people screaming at each other.

My personal beliefs are largely consistant with the libertarian party of the USA, but I don't mind reading papers which aren't identified with such a philosphy (most aren't) and I get value out of them.

You disagree because you are the exception. Based upon your statements, you actually read the paper, you think about what was presented, you take in additional viewpoints from various other sources, and finally, you make an informed opinion. Most people are sheep; they are content reading the headlines, allowing the media to lead them by the nose.

Also, to a certain extent, journalism has changed from objective reporting of current events to subjective money-making sensationalism. As such, it doesn't matter if we read The NY Times, or watch Fox News, we are still being bombarded with subjective money-making sensationalism rather than objective journalism, for the most part.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Like Edwards, Obama Ditches Fox News Debate [Re: Kamin]
    #6774148 - 04/11/07 08:08 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Kamin said:
Obama's people are just trying to stop him from facing any difficult questions.  Notice how the only interviews etc. he accepts are the ones where they will praise him most of the time, like Oprah and such.  His PR people are making sure he doesn't get the opportunity to mess up.

That is the objective of all PR people for all candidates, duh. :lol:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals