Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBig_Burp
Cupid
Any anonymous methods of transfering money?
    #6767049 - 04/09/07 07:20 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Is there a way to receive funds from a person while keeping your identity and whereabouts completely hidden, even from LEO probes (say getting your bank account info from paypal or something like that)?

Likewise, can you remain anonymous and send money, apart from cash in the mail?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemalcom43
Stranger

Re: Any anonymous methods of transfering money? [Re: Big_Burp]
    #6767355 - 04/09/07 08:35 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

sending money can be accomplished annonomously around my neck of the woods via MoneyGram/ Western Union. Recieving isn't so easy unless you have fake identification.

Offlinewoaihuan
Hobbiest

Re: Any anonymous methods of transfering money? [Re: malcom43]
    #6767569 - 04/09/07 09:14 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

You can look into using eGold.

You can even lie with all the information in that one.

Used for all the online Marijuana retailers (magic mushrooms too).

--------------------
Disclaimer: I do not endorse illegal activity, nor do I participate in illegal activity. Any usage of spores is simply for microspore examinations. Any statements that pose a reason to believe otherwise should be disregarded as humorous.

OfflineBig_Burp
Cupid
Re: Any anonymous methods of transfering money? [Re: woaihuan]
    #6767960 - 04/09/07 10:40 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I'd think that eGold is the same deal as paypal, because at some point you withdrawl that money into your account or elsewhere, and then there's a record of where that money went - which could be viewed by authorities if they sought to.
With Paypal you can also set up fake contact info, but your bank account info is needed for the withdrawl.

Edited by Big_Burp (04/09/07 10:45 PM)

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#6767967 - 04/09/07 10:42 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

money orders made out to 'cash'. or just use cash. end of story.

OfflineBig_Burp
Cupid
Re: Any anonymous methods of transfering money? [Re: usg543]
    #6767985 - 04/09/07 10:47 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I edited my post while you were posting, this is what I wrote:

Quote:

I wonder if money orders can be sent without names on them, but then there's surely a record of who's account the MO was deposited into that can be searched by the bank that issued the MO using the receipt.

Plus then there's the issue of what address you send the MO to.

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#6768046 - 04/09/07 11:07 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Big_Burp said:
I edited my post while you were posting, this is what I wrote:

Quote:

I wonder if money orders can be sent without names on them, but then there's surely a record of who's account the MO was deposited into that can be searched by the bank that issued the MO using the receipt.

Plus then there's the issue of what address you send the MO to.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/3160131#Post3160131

read that it'll explain it.

but to sum it up, some places (grocery stores/gas stations/etc) don't ask for id, they just give you the money order form. you can take it home and fill it out. as far as i know you can make it out to cash, but as you can see at this point they have no information on you. you mail it yourself in an envelope to whoever. then the person gets it, they have to go cash it, but as you can see, they have no way to track who sent it. it's just like cash (sort of).

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
    #6768087 - 04/09/07 11:20 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

How about using Visa prepaid gift cards?

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

OfflineBig_Burp
Cupid
    #6768157 - 04/09/07 11:39 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, but if you're on the receiving end that situation requires that you trust the person who's sending it to you.
What about if you can't fully verify that the sender is who they claim to be, and you want to make sure that there is no possibility of them ever finding out who it is that received and banked the money they sent, or where that money went to?

With online exchanges the initial transfer is to an anonymous person, but then there are records of where that money went from the account, and if the sender was LEO they could potentially inquire about what bank account is attatched to a certain Paypal/eGold account.

OfflineSheerTerror
ST
Male

#6768326 - 04/10/07 12:41 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

green dot cards, i use them constantly, you can get them anywhere

Offlinewoaihuan
Hobbiest

Re: Any anonymous methods of transfering money? [Re: SheerTerror]
    #6768844 - 04/10/07 06:32 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

With E-Gold, sometimes what happens is the user will receive the money at one account, which would be traceable because they have that account name and the LEO can go to the company. But!

Before they deposit it into their account, they send this money between 2-3 other E-Gold accounts from different providers and make it impossible to trace. Much of this is due to the wonders of anonymous use in E-Gold and some of their wonderful privacy policies.

--------------------
Disclaimer: I do not endorse illegal activity, nor do I participate in illegal activity. Any usage of spores is simply for microspore examinations. Any statements that pose a reason to believe otherwise should be disregarded as humorous.

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: Any anonymous methods of transfering money? [Re: woaihuan] * 1
    #6768944 - 04/10/07 07:38 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

woaihuan said:
With E-Gold, sometimes what happens is the user will receive the money at one account, which would be traceable because they have that account name and the LEO can go to the company. But!

Before they deposit it into their account, they send this money between 2-3 other E-Gold accounts from different providers and make it impossible to trace. Much of this is due to the wonders of anonymous use in E-Gold and some of their wonderful privacy policies.

Seized servers dont do much for privacy policies.

You want to keep it safe, use cash.

Offlinestrangladesh
masterOFpuppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here!
Re: Any anonymous methods of transfering money? [Re: dedjam]
    #6769138 - 04/10/07 09:14 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

After the money makes it there and the vendor ships your shit...hit men are then bought to kill the vendor...but wait you have the same problem then...oh then you could have ninjas kill the hit men..but wait oh fuck NM....

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Any anonymous methods of transfering money? [Re: strangladesh]
    #6770086 - 04/10/07 12:36 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

strangladesh said:
After the money makes it there and the vendor ships your shit...hit men are then bought to kill the vendor...but wait you have the same problem then...oh then you could have ninjas kill the hit men..but wait oh fuck NM....

how are you going to pay the ninjas? I hear they only accept cash these days :frown:

Offlinemalcom43
Stranger

#6773120 - 04/10/07 11:09 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

usg543 said:
money orders made out to 'cash'. or just use cash. end of story.

Why would anyone cash these without ID or an existing relationship? I'm not aware of any note not able to be refused payment by the terms of the bank, so if you cash a money order and the note is cancelled, the person cashing the money order is fucked.

Not saying noone knows this, but a common misconception is that a valid money order may not be cancelled or have a stop payment placed on it and refunded to the purchaser.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #6773774 - 04/11/07 02:26 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

> Why would anyone cash these without ID or an existing relationship?

You can cash it the same or next business day. It's not like it's a check that has to clear.

Besides, just because it's possible to cancel a money order doesn't make it easy. Money order fraud is discovered very quickly and is highly illegal.

Offlinemalcom43
Stranger

Re: Any anonymous methods of transfering money? [Re: fastfred]
    #6773838 - 04/11/07 03:59 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fastfred said:
> Why would anyone cash these without ID or an existing relationship?

You can cash it the same or next business day. It's not like it's a check that has to clear.

Besides, just because it's possible to cancel a money order doesn't make it easy. Money order fraud is discovered very quickly and is highly illegal.

How is a money order different than a check? Of course it has to clear, how do you think the redeeming instituion gets paid? Anyways, you can cancel money orders, and if a merchant gets screwed, I have trouble seeing as how it would be treated as a criminal matter and not a civil dispute, providing their is a genuine claim made by the furnisher, despite the practice of "money order fraud" being "highly illegal"- whatever that means.

For example, a USPS money order may be "reversed" and the funds recovered from the presenting institution/ individual even after payment has been tendered for a variety of reasons instituted by the purchaser of the instrument. See Domemstic Mail Manual, USPS: Chapter 15 § 14.4.4

A Western Union Money Order may be refunded only if not paid, and the requestor pays a fee. http://www.westernunion.com/info/faqMoneyOrder.asp#tstfaq3

Travlers Express (most gass stations in my area, conviniance stores) has a similar procedure as western union. http://www.moneygram.com/MGICorp/ServiceForms/MGICORP_C_SF_S1_1#Refunds

Of note is that none of these major money order issuers require the return of the money order to them prior to issuing the funds back to the requester, providing they prove they purchased with reciept. Therefore, a good-faith presenter may be screwed, as will the accepting institution if the presenter doesn't redeem it, if the money order has been canceled. This is why it is a bad idea to accept a money order from an unknown person and to treat the same as cash without some collateral or assurance from the issuing bank that it's good. Ignoring the pervasivness of counterfiet instruments, even legit money orders instruct the reciever to not treat the note as cash nor accept from someone they have no recourse against (in the small print on the back).

RE: your assertion that you can cash it the same or next day, this has nothing to do with its similarity to a check. I can cash a personal check at my bank up to 2,000 and recieve the funds that day, so what? The funds will still be recalled if the note doesn't clear. Money orders are paid via the reserve banks just as other notes are.

OfflineSheerTerror
ST
Male

#6777894 - 04/12/07 02:44 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

check out Green Dot Cards, u can get them at any CVS or cumbies or wherever and u can give the other person the pin and they can withdraw it from any atm

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Any anonymous methods of transfering money? [Re: SheerTerror]
    #6778162 - 04/12/07 06:20 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SheerTerror said:
check out Green Dot Cards, u can get them at any CVS or cumbies or wherever and u can give the other person the pin and they can withdraw it from any atm

dont you have to sign up with your personal information online to "activate" the card before it will work?

InvisibleStroFun
Repeater

Loc: Mycotopia.net
Re: Any anonymous methods of transfering money? [Re: dedjam]
    #6778586 - 04/12/07 10:38 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

MOs have numbers on them and they can run those numbers and find the exact day and time that the mo was purchased, coupled with a PO security camera and you are in trouble.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale