Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Small Commercial Oyster Growing Operation - Grown on Straw *Pics* [Re: TacoHerder]
    #11256937 - 10/15/09 10:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

prob going to have to buy some conduit and hardwire your own power whip.  They dont make SO cord in 6g do they RR?

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Small Commercial Oyster Growing Operation - Grown on Straw *Pics* [Re: TacoHerder]
    #11258863 - 10/16/09 10:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TacoHerder said:
extension cords are not rated for continuous use.  your wires would at least need to be 6g for the amperage drop.

That's not correct.  If the extension cord is sized properly, it will carry the load 24/7.  There's also no amperage drop.  Amps are the same throughout any series circuit.  We size long cables larger to prevent voltage drop.

However, running a three phase motor on single phase power uses more than nameplate amps on the single phase line.  The phase converter is using capacitors to 'create' a third phase. Power draw(on the single phase line) is +/- 150% of the motor nameplate rating.  If for example, the motor nameplate rating says the motor will draw ten amps, count on drawing at least 15 amps from the single phase extension cord.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Small Commercial Oyster Growing Operation - Grown on Straw *Pics* [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #11259333 - 10/16/09 11:24 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thats prob one thick extension cord to prevent amp drop. Im use to having to add power whips where people ran standard 14g extension cords as a constant power source.  And then they would even run them in and thru the walls to power up their entertainment equipment.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

OfflineCryogenicz
what?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #11262151 - 10/16/09 07:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ok Guys! I did the math on all of this :smile:

The motor is a 3 hp 3 phase 220, 10amp electric motor.

The Rotary 3 Phase converter I bought is a 7.5 hp rotary converter, it uses a 7.5 electric motor to create the third leg.

I sized all of the wires according to the directions that came with the phase converter. It is on a 50amp circuit, 6awg from the breaker to a junction box which then tees to a 10 awg which is only 3 feet to the rotary phase converter. It then goes to a plug, the 100ft extension cord is 10/4, and is good for up to 250V and up to 30 amps, which is triple of what it needs to be.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390087856338

This is the cord I bought.

I put it together just fine..

The motor is rewired and now I'm going to clean the gear box and reattach it. I'll get pictures and possibly a video clip of it running when I'm done.

-Graham

--------------------
www.MycoPath.com
Mushroom Spawn, Cultures, Fungi Bags, Casings, Master Grain Jars, Bags for In-vitro, Laboratory supplies, and much more!
Mushroom Supplies. Fast Turnaround Times. Great Service.
orders@mycopath.com
enter code shroomery for 10% off product.

www.FungiForum.com

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Small Commercial Oyster Growing Operation - Grown on Straw *Pics* [Re: Cryogenicz]
    #11403080 - 11/07/09 08:36 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

wow excellent

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

OfflineCryogenicz
what?
Male User Gallery

Re: Small Commercial Oyster Growing Operation - Grown on Straw *Pics* [Re: eatyualive]
    #11408464 - 11/07/09 10:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks!

I need to do some more work on the grow room

BUT, The mixer works PERFECTLY!

I mixed up an entire Toyota pickup truck load of horse manure today.

The motor ran so smooth and didn't EVEN bog down, like it was empty.

This thing is going to help me out tremendously. I'm so giddy with excitement.

I know... I need to take pictures.

-Graham

--------------------
www.MycoPath.com
Mushroom Spawn, Cultures, Fungi Bags, Casings, Master Grain Jars, Bags for In-vitro, Laboratory supplies, and much more!
orders@mycopath.com

www.FungiForum.com

InvisibleMystery420
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Small Commercial Oyster Growing Operation - Grown on Straw *Pics* [Re: Cryogenicz]
    #11409183 - 11/08/09 02:08 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Sweet thread im so pumped to try this myself :laugh:

--------------------
"I'm the one who's gonna die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want."
-Jimi Hendrix

So fuck ya'll all of ya'll If ya'll don't like me blow me

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Small Commercial Oyster Growing Operation - Grown on Straw *Pics* [Re: Mystery420]
    #11594362 - 12/06/09 03:56 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:strokebeard:

:super:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

OfflineProfessor Frink
Mycomaniac

Loc: USA
    #11607940 - 12/08/09 12:02 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I cant wait to see some of the results. Keep us updated  :goodluck:

--------------------
Culture trade list

Wanted Culture list:

Panellus stipticus
Yellow Morel

Offlinesootedninjas
Stranger

Re: Small Commercial Oyster Growing Operation - Grown on Straw *Pics* [Re: Professor Frink]
    #12918191 - 07/19/10 01:36 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

:thumbup:

any new updates ? :smile:

Invisibleteknix
𓂀⟁𓅢𓍝𓅃𓊰𓉡 𓁼𓆗⨻
 User Gallery

Re: Small Commercial Oyster Growing Operation - Grown on Straw *Pics* [Re: sootedninjas]
    #12921493 - 07/19/10 09:25 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Very nice techniques, thank you for sharing!

OfflineCryogenicz
what?
Male User Gallery

Re: Small Commercial Oyster Growing Operation - Grown on Straw *Pics* [Re: teknix]
    #12923474 - 07/20/10 09:18 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Everything has been on standstill since tragedy struck.

-Graham

--------------------
www.MycoPath.com
orders@mycopath.com

www.FungiForum.com

OfflineCallmechris
Hephaestus
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #14355963 - 04/26/11 03:54 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

oh man what happened? i just got done reading the thread n came to a short ending.

--------------------
Gold is for the mistress -- silver for the maid --
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade.
"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all."
-Rudyard Kipling-

Invisiblezydisqwap
Zimmer Fingers
 User Gallery

Re: Small Commercial Oyster Growing Operation - Grown on Straw *Pics* [Re: Callmechris]
    #14478696 - 05/19/11 01:38 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

tragedy?  hope everything is well now...

--------------------
****Cheap Plastic Containers in Bulk****

Offlineelkart
Mushroom Servant
Male

Re: Small Commercial Oyster Growing Operation - Grown on Straw *Pics* [Re: faffle]
    #17381060 - 12/12/12 04:41 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

faffle said:
Quote:

Cryogenicz said:The carport frame will be overlaid with 1 layer of 4 year white greenhouse film, and then a layer or two of R-13 wall insulation and then another layer of white greenhouse film. This will insulate the grow room while climate is being controlled.

Climate control will be controlled by ventilation cycles. (summer months)During the night when temperatures are low, ventilation will be adjusted to turn on till the inside temperature reaches the temperature outside. During the day very few air exchanges will occur in order to retain the cooler temperature obtained during the night.

(winter months) Heating will be obtained in the opposite fashion of the summer months. More air exchanges will be run during the day, at the hottest time of the day to obtain heat during the day, and at night, minimal air exchanges will be used to retain that warm air.

A common way to insulate greenhouse type structures is to have a double poly layer which is kept inflated using a blower.  They shoot for a gap of about 4" between the layers.  Instead of putting insulation between the layers, you will save money on climate control by inflating it with a small blower and creating a dead air space.  Another thing to consider-in winter you would need very little heating if the double poly layer were clear instead of white.  In kansas we are able to grow certain crops 12 months out of the year in 'high tunnels' with no supplemental heating.  In fact, it is often necessary to cool the high tunnels by opening them up during the day in the dead of winter. 

So if you have a clear double poly setup, it will require very little heat in the winter, and in the summer you could put some shade cloth over it to reduce cooling costs.

here is an excellent resource
http://www.hightunnels.org/ForGrowers/Film%20Plastic/usingfilmplasticfaq.htm

edit:  also, in oregon, snow is a major thing to consider.  With a double poly setup, you simply turn off the blower to deflate the 2 layers, and the heat from inside the structure will melt the snow as soon as it makes contact.  This would save you the headache of manually removing snow to prevent the collapse of the structure. 

That was very informative! Though I have no intent to build any sort of structure in the foreseeable future, I'll remember that

--------------------
Shroom Honey Preservation Tek

Offlinewickedsix
Something Wicked This Way Comes

Re: Small Commercial Oyster Growing Operation - Grown on Straw *Pics* [Re: elkart]
    #17405565 - 12/17/12 03:15 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

What a great read and such interesting information.  What ever happened?  It just suddenly cut off with you saying tragedy struck and nothing since.  This was probably one of the most interesting threads I've found in the gourmet section!

Invisibleliamtheloser
Advanced Idiot
Male User Gallery
    #18827056 - 09/11/13 09:28 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Any updates to this?

--------------------

Offlinenewmodel
The Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the 10,000 lakes.
Re: Small Commercial Oyster Growing Operation - Grown on Straw *Pics* [Re: liamtheloser] * 1
    #21343533 - 02/28/15 02:33 PM (9 years, 30 days ago)

One of the most informative threads I have read in my history with the Shroomery. Thank you.

Dare I ask, any updates?

--------------------
A man that comes to the door is never quite the same man who went out.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used

InvisibleToadstool5
A Registered Mycophile
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Golden State
Re: Small Commercial Oyster Growing Operation - Grown on Straw *Pics* [Re: newmodel]
    #21353234 - 03/02/15 06:42 PM (9 years, 28 days ago)

If you dont mind me asking, are the filters on your spawn bag a strip of filter patches or is that a single filter?

I have never seen a 20lb bag of spawn so i'm quite curious how you make the bags! :rofl:

--------------------
If you do not know where the mushroom products you are consuming are grown, think twice before eating them. :badshroom:
- Paul Stamets

AMU Teks :mushroom2: Stro's Write Ups

InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Small Commercial Oyster Growing Operation - Grown on Straw *Pics* [Re: Toadstool5]
    #21353393 - 03/02/15 07:14 PM (9 years, 28 days ago)

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom