Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract, Amanita Muscaria   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineCrackRockSteady
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~shoa
Male

Re: Good, Pink Floyd type music [Re: Toddo]
    #6760767 - 04/08/07 10:34 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Colonel Kurtz Ph.D said:
Have you tried listening to Electric Ladyland by Jimi Hendrix while tripping? IMHO it's the best album ever for tripping, specailly the central suite.

If you can't be bothered to check the album at least download "1983 a merman I should turn to be", the most psychedelic song EVA :yesnod:

I actually have three Hendrix albums, and like you say, Electric Ladyland is awesome.
I looked into some others that you suggested and especially like Quicksilver Messenger Service. It seems that there really is no other on the level of Pink Floyd

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefung_us_among_us
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central Oregon Flag
Re: Good, Pink Floyd type music [Re: GreenAssHands]
    #6761117 - 04/08/07 12:38 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

GreenAssHands said:
explosions in the sky

YES i forgot to mention them. any of the post-rock type bands are pretty good for tripping.. godspeed you! black emperor, mogwai, yume bitsu, a silver mt. zion...

--------------------
:feelsgoodman::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::ahahaha::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::feelsgoodman:

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Good, Pink Floyd type music [Re: fung_us_among_us]
    #6761347 - 04/08/07 01:59 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

check out early king crimson...my fav albums are the first two in the wake of poseiden and Lizard....remenecent of Syd Barret era pink floyd

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Offlinetweaking7
Twang
Male

Loc: KC MO
Re: Good, Pink Floyd type music [Re: Vulture]
    #6763217 - 04/08/07 10:41 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Some poeple aren't into this type of music, but besides Pink Floyd, Infected Mushroom and Tycho are amazing too. They're definitely worth your time to check out.

Offlinemraejay
[ ! ]
Female User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Good, Pink Floyd type music [Re: creamrocks]
    #6763235 - 04/08/07 10:46 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

creamrocks said:
king crimson

epic!

OfflineJunkFood
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: NYC
Re: Good, Pink Floyd type music [Re: mraejay]
    #6763336 - 04/08/07 11:09 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The Velvet Underground, dammit! Go listen to the thing I posted on the first page

--------------------
HOW'S MY POSTING? CLICK HERE

InvisibleMastamike1118
Male

Re: Good, Pink Floyd type music [Re: JunkFood]
    #6765746 - 04/09/07 02:26 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

anyone think of the doors being trippy? Ever listen to their live albums? They have a fuckin dark ass tone too almost puts you in a trance (live versions) especially when trippin...:peace::bongload:

InvisibleMastamike1118
Male

Re: Good, Pink Floyd type music [Re: Mastamike1118]
    #6765755 - 04/09/07 02:27 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Also has anyone ever heard of Mushroom not infected mushroom but mushroom? Theyre pretty damn good too. (lol theyre cover of album is Amanita Muscaria):peace:

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: Good, Pink Floyd type music [Re: Mastamike1118]
    #6765833 - 04/09/07 02:38 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mastamike1118 said:
anyone think of the doors being trippy? Ever listen to their live albums? They have a fuckin dark ass tone too almost puts you in a trance (live versions) especially when trippin...:peace::bongload:

jim morrison's 'american night' is a great album for tripping, not exactly the usual doors sound, and nothing like pink floyd but very amzing tripping album....

Quote:

Colonel Kurtz Ph.D said:
Have you tried listening to Electric Ladyland by Jimi Hendrix while tripping? IMHO it's the best album ever for tripping, specailly the central suite.
:

lol the same day you posted this i listened to electric ladyland while tripping on some mushrooms... by coincidence... i agree very, very, good album...

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Edited by Ganymede (04/09/07 02:41 PM)

OfflineJunkFood
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: NYC
Re: Good, Pink Floyd type music [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #6765856 - 04/09/07 02:41 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ganymede said:
Quote:

Mastamike1118 said:

jim morrison's 'american night' is a great album for tripping, not exactly the usual doors sound, and nothing like pink floyd but very amzing tripping album....

That album's gay. I don't think Jim Morrison would have been happy with his bandmates recording their corny music in the backround of his poetry.

--------------------
HOW'S MY POSTING? CLICK HERE

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: Good, Pink Floyd type music [Re: JunkFood]
    #6765903 - 04/09/07 02:51 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

JunkFood said:
Quote:

Ganymede said:
Quote:

Mastamike1118 said:

That album's gay--I don't think Jim Morrison would have been happy with his bandmates recording their corny music in the backround of his poetry.

lol while he may not have wanted his poetry used in that way, i would hardly call the morrison era doors music 'corny' (especially considering they used the stuff that he performed and helped make, instead of their post-morrison stuff from dumb albums such as 'other voices')... nonetheless 'american night' is a very awesome album... i highly recommend it.... anyways, this thread is trying to find good psychedelic music. similar to pink floyd, and seeing as pink floyd hasn't been mimiced very well the best i can offer is some good music for use with psychedelics... have you heard 'american night' on mushrooms or acid... i've tried it on both and stand by my stance of it being an amazing album for tripping... (i like it without drugs also)

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract, Amanita Muscaria   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale