Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoOmInDeR
Stranger
Loc: ca
Insane trips viewed/studied by me.
    #671896 - 06/10/02 01:51 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Well ill briefly go throught this. um....i havent read all of these so excuse the redundance if so. recently, and before then, i have seen 2 people go seriously insane. they both said later that it felt like a dream. it happened to my best friend joey, and i studied it a bit more. well with him, he is really smart, and open minded so i was shocked to this occurance. i thought it only happend to the weak. anyways to the damn point. I realized he was rambling, all these words. words that are ex. popular phrases of us amongst friends. Ive done shrooms about 8-9 times, and it always seems to be a sort of primitive realization when tripping. With him i thought, he's like a kid, with all this imformation in his head, rambling cuz he doesnt know how to correctly use and express those words, becoming destructive(primitive) like i saw with the other. and this other i did not mention. I used to see cultural things while tripping but, now it's advanced to numbers making all. my buddy says he started worrying and that caused the trip, by i more trust my observations. anyways, my question, Why did the shrooms react in such a was to create insanity, and nonsense. email me if im not frequently on.

--------------------
Clear your mind and articulate your find.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: Insane trips viewed/studied by me. [Re: RoOmInDeR]
    #674010 - 06/11/02 09:34 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Not sure if your on often or not
Dont go by your observation go by what your friend said he was feeling and going through. I've had people say that I look angry but it was completly untrue I guess I just have one of those faces.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineVandenbergo
Stranger
Mushroom Madness Is No Lie [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #674216 - 06/12/02 04:21 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

A friend of a friend of mine once took a trip and never came back, he is a complete loon, totally fucked in the head from just one unfortuante trip. He eats his house keys thinking that its the way to get inside. He eats dog food because...well....just because he does. He is fucked and has been for the last 2 years.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: RoOmInDeR]
    #674510 - 06/12/02 08:00 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineRoOmInDeR
Stranger
Loc: ca
Re: Insane trips viewed/studied by me. [Re: ]
    #675750 - 06/12/02 08:10 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

no my friend had never had mental illness of any sort. Yeah it was the type of trip that when u look at them, u can never piture them back to normal, like looney. And listening to him is what i have been doing, but i understand what happened in those ways. I want to learn more, on knowing who's it going to happen to. To prevent future horror trips, and trip sitting, and what not. it makes my mind too much at times of panic.

--------------------
Clear your mind and articulate your find.

Offlinetaz_devil
Stranger
Loc: hell
Re: Mushroom Madness Is No Lie [Re: Vandenbergo]
    #676079 - 06/13/02 05:16 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I know a few occurences of this also, shrooms do seem to trigger these type of episodes more frequently than LSD etc. However all these occurance are strictly anecedotal, and i tend believe that the drug only triggers a pre exisitng conditions. That is until i see conclusive proof to the contrary.

OfflineZiggyStardust
Hiruko

#676084 - 06/13/02 05:17 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I keep hearing about people going completely insane after tripping. I've got a friend who used to deal (and partake) in coke who warns me to stay away from mushrooms period. Apparently two people have been committed to the psychiatric hospital here for smoking mushrooms in joints with weed, and some other dude drank joyjuice (which i assume to be local slang for mushroom tea) an went insane.

All this has done is scare me away from taking my first trip, as I get conflicting reports about shrooms. Most ppl on the shroomery seem to have good experiences with them, while everyone I've spoken to in my country says they're unsafe.

At first I took most of the local reports to be simple ignorance.The drug culture here is more 'thug' than 'hippy' . Its run by a bunch of gangsters and centered around weed and cocaine. No one's particularly interested in psychedelics..thus all the information I get on trips is right here at the shroomery.

I'm just wondering..whether it could be one or more of these factors that causes permanent insanity after tripping.

1)A history of... (a)mental illness (b)abuse of other drugs .

2)'Impure' mushrooms that were contaminated in some way,improperly preserved or mixed with other chemicals.

I would truly appreciate anyone shedding some light here. Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Come down, slowly. I'm waiting by your side
Come down, carefully. I'm waiting by your side

I'll grab you when you fall. Down to the waking hours
Silent sweeps as golden corn. Down to the waking hours.

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

Re: Insane trips viewed/studied by me. [Re: ZiggyStardust]
    #676093 - 06/13/02 05:33 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

In reply to:

I'm just wondering..whether it could be one or more of these factors that causes permanent insanity after tripping.

1)A history of... (a)mental illness (b)abuse of other drugs .

2)'Impure' mushrooms that were contaminated in some way,improperly preserved or mixed with other chemicals.

I would truly appreciate anyone shedding some light here. Thanks in advance.

1. A history of mental illness is 1 possible reason for the participant "never coming back", while drugs such as cannabis which contains thc has been said to prolong psychosis (I have first hand experience with this, it's true)

2. Depends what you mean by impure, if you mean containing compounds other than psilocybin then...yeh I guess they are impure but wether these other compounds is more likely to cause any kind of mental illness in someone is not documented (to my knowledge) check www.erowid.org

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Insane trips viewed/studied by me. [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #676167 - 06/13/02 06:32 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

The bottom line is simple: psychedelics change your normal way of perceiving and relating to your "normal" mode of consciousness. Psychedelics are NOT for "hey this sounds cool let's eat a lot of shrooms and watch the colors!" type mentality. I have baby-sat over 20 kids in my life at raves/parties who approach psychedelics like this.

STUDY what consciousness is. STUDY how to alter your consciousness soberly. STUDY what psycedelics will do to you. Everybody will react differently to the same psychedelic...and just because one person "goes insane" doesn't mean everyone will. The most LSD I ever took at once was 20 drops of liquid. It lasted 36 hours and I came "back" just as good, if not better, as when I "left". It is ALL in your mind. There is no rock-hard evidence that any psychedelics cause you to develop mental illness. There is only correlative evidence that people with genetic predispositions for mental illness can trigger the development of the condition early by using some psychedelic substances. Learn your family's genetics. If you're worried about having a "bad trip" you shouldn't take psychedelics...it's THAT simple.

I personally feel peeps should wait til they're 21, like with alcohol, before taking psychedelics...having some life experience and contemplation on what perception/reality is will definitely make your journies on psychedelics WAY more enjoyable and you can learn from them on deeper levels.

In my own experience, those people who enjoy psychedelics most are people who are sober trippers: artists, engineers, gamers, anyone who has a wonderful imagination and can empathize with a non-self point of view. If you think you're like that...then carefully and respectfully go ahead with your experiences. But don't let other people's experiences (or dose amounts) influence you....your body and your mind are your own. Find their limits safely and you'll walk away with nothing but great trips.

Love & Light,

Boppity

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
    #676484 - 06/13/02 10:22 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I apear insane trippin, but im always fine. All drugs make me twisted, i just loose realitys way of thinking and acting. Dosnt bother me, but I dont want people thinking I look fucked up on any drug. Ive seen people look possessed and to think that I look like that scares me.

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder