Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRansford
Stranger
Which Species don't bruise blue?
    #6750399 - 04/05/07 12:02 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I bought some active mushrooms and i am very confused. I usually find with a friend, but only now a couple species. I am not to sure if they were grown or picked. So here we go...also I have no digital camera that shows pics good enough for identifing.

The shrooms were extremely dry and had been packed tightly. Usually bruising stems blue. Stems were white and black with a vein(hollow center). The stems looked to be white but had bruised black?

Cap had a black film(maybe mold)over it that couldnt really be removed. But some caps had brown/dark brown textured spots- almost like p cubenesis(sp?). Meat of the mushroom was white, and gills were dark black to dark brown. Biggest cap had 1 inch diameter, and longest stem was 4 inches.

For the dose i took they were pretty darn good mushrooms, and curious out if anyone nows what they are so I can add them to our finding trips if they spawn in the areas we go to.

If noone has any idea can i get a list of species that contain psilocybin but do not bruise blue?

Edited by Ransford (04/05/07 01:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Which Species don't bruise blue? [Re: Ransford]
    #6750774 - 04/05/07 01:50 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

So what you're saying is you don't know what they were, but you ate them? I have a feeling you're only going to get negative responses to this post.

In the future, only eat things which you know won't hurt you.
Also, you're description of the mushroom is not up to par. Please see the sticky threads for rules.

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: Which Species don't bruise blue? [Re: psiclops]
    #6750806 - 04/05/07 02:00 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

theres a few, I'm also fairly skeptical of most shrooms I buy unless they're cubys or liberty caps. Those two being the easiest to ID when dried and packaged. How was the trip? Did you notice and subtle differences? A word of advice, just because someone sells you some mushrooms doesnt mean you should diev right into them, or automatically think they're real. People are shiesty, and are just looking for a quick buck. Thats an ez thing to do with mushrooms, caues most people are too stupid too even look at the mushrooms and are very quick to buy them cause in most parts of the US they're pretty hard to find, especially in rural places. I'm trying to think of something your discribing but that black scarlly and black vein's kinda throw me off. I guess if y ou didnt get sick and your' still alive, I guess you can only learn.

If they didnt bruise blue and you have no picture I guess the only thing to go off would be the trip, and you dont seem to me like an expierenced tripper so that might be an hard thing to distinguish.

best of luck mate.

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Offlinewannagethigh159
Stranger

Re: Which Species don't bruise blue? [Re: snoot]
    #6750934 - 04/05/07 02:40 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I'm betting they were cubensis they probably just a dark blue and you said they were dried so the blue could of dulled. Also unless you are an expert on shrooms buying them is actually the safest

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: Which Species don't bruise blue? [Re: wannagethigh159]
    #6750950 - 04/05/07 02:46 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

On my third flush of GTs (I think), the fruits DID NOT bruise blue at all. I posted up a question on here, thinking something went wrong but RR told me sometimes there is no bruising...

He was correct, and they were indeed "magical", but with no blue!

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Which Species don't bruise blue? [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #6752990 - 04/06/07 01:37 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

It may have been black fingernail polish, and don't say, "Psiclops, don't be silly."

OfflineRansford
Stranger
Re: Which Species don't bruise blue? [Re: snoot]
    #6753830 - 04/06/07 11:17 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Don't get me wrong i was very skeptical before i ate these. I really thought i might have been mold on the mushrooms, so i tore the balck layer off of a cap and ate it....when i started to feel the high 30-40mins later i ate another one with the black top torn off. That was a low dose and i had a alright trip for 3 hours, I wasn't "fucked up" by any means....so 5 days later i took all the shake and spores from the bottom of bag and made myself some morning hot choclate before a day of fishing (about 2 dried grams, and I had what I would call a medium level trip. I was completely down in 6 hours. I then had about 3.5 grams left and ate them 2 days later. I was by myself which for me always increases the trip as I can let loose and roll on the carpet with cats without feeling like a show. I wouls say I had a medium trip then too as i was nowhere close to be in need of a sitter and even made myself some lunch.

Wether you guys think I am an experienced tripper depends on really how much experience you have. I've have taken mushrooms about 40 times and about 5 of those times(always with a sitter) where at extreme doses. Which really isnt my thing, I prefer what I would describe as a "medium" type buzz. I would consider myself an extremely experience tripper at knowing myself and my 'buzz". I am a novice hunter, learning from a friend.

I am sorry my descriptions are nto any better, but the dry mushroom market aroudn here leaves lots of question do to extreme packing. I also was thinking maybe the spores where black which caused the white stems to turn black.

Oh well I had fun and its only a month till I get to start my 2nd year of hunting, with a buddy who knows what he is doing of course....Also we are looking into getting a digital camera to document the species we pick around here since my state isnt in the link of whats foudn in my area.

Edited by Ransford (04/06/07 11:22 AM)

Offlinecoastal kid
Stranger
    #6754727 - 04/06/07 03:30 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

probly cubes, i picked some yester day and they have been in my drying chamber, aboult a 1/3 sound the same as yours, all have the hollow center, im 100% abuot mine being cubes and yours mach mine, so do what you will, your still alive and well so they were probly cubes

just my .02

OfflineRansford
Stranger
Re: Which Species don't bruise blue? [Re: coastal kid]
    #6757135 - 04/07/07 08:47 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

thanks coastal kid, Mine where probably just very old...They were pretty damn good for being as damaged as they were though, if all that black was from damage.

InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #6759707 - 04/07/07 11:59 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Hi Ransford:cool:
I don't really have any experience with buying mushrooms as there is no market for them here in New Zealand, if there was I wouldn't buy them anyway, dried mushrooms are to hard to identify correctly, also there are to many people out there who just want your money!
You say you're an experienced tripper and tripped of these particular mushrooms, I'd say they were Psilocybe cubensis apart from the fact that you say the spore dust in the bag was black! could have been an active Panaeolus sp!
I don't like the idea of selling or purchasing mushrooms especially when the people involved have little or no mycological knowledge.
Take care and please id your mushrooms before consuming, there are a lot of experienced people here who will help, happy hunting!
inski...

--------------------

Invisiblemisterogerz

Loc: Gulf Coast
Re: Which Species don't bruise blue? [Re: inski]
    #6759723 - 04/08/07 12:04 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

black film = most likely spores

--------------------
:potleaf: :tendshroom: :potleaf:
:leaf::peyotespectrum::leaf:

OfflineRansford
Stranger
Re: Which Species don't bruise blue? [Re: misterogerz]
    #6760327 - 04/08/07 07:19 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Thats what i was thinking too misterrogerz, also thanks for the welcome inski.

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: Which Species don't bruise blue? [Re: misterogerz]
    #6760697 - 04/08/07 10:14 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

misterogerz said:
black film = most likely spores

:discodance:

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate