Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: a plan to vaccinate your children against drugs [Re: geokills]
    #6758433 - 04/07/07 04:16 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
Education is as far as I'm willing to go, to help prevent addiction.

drug therapy to prevent drug addiction, lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: a plan to vaccinate your children against drugs [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #6758687 - 04/07/07 05:59 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I think sometimes we as a humans should slow our roll. We could burn our bridges.

Agreed. :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: a plan to vaccinate your children against drugs [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6758695 - 04/07/07 06:01 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

This reminds me of the the Hedonistic Imperative in a way.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: a plan to vaccinate your children against drugs [Re: DNKYD]
    #6758829 - 04/07/07 06:49 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Well, lets hope enough people see the creepy distopian implications to stay the hell away from this shit. Optimistically, I an even see conservative parents not going for it, thinking that they would teach thier children well enough that they wouldn't ever take drugs anyways.

I would resent the fuck out of my parents if they made that kind of decision for me before I was old enough to sort out my own desires and interests.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: a plan to vaccinate your children against drugs [Re: jewunit]
    #6759096 - 04/07/07 08:34 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
So you don't think something that could prevent addiction would be good?

so do you use any critical thinking at all?

Yes the idea behind 'could' have some good, but look at how we are dealing with it.

blocking seretonin receptors

From what I last recall, and I could be wrong, but your body actually does produce nicotine, you have the receptors there for them.

By going into the brain and blocking how your happy juice gets distributed you are altering the mechanics of how your brain works. We don't even know half of what's going on in there, but we want to mess around and experiment on each other. Then we show it on the TV with happy music and happy doctors so you feel good about it and thus accept.

logically it's retarded!

humans fuck things up, it's in our nature. we aren't perfect, so don't you think that this has so much room for complication in some of the worst possible ways? we know very little about the brain, and then we want to alter the way it funtions? we could quite possibly make a society of of people who won't be functioning the way we were born. This is experimentation on people.

It has potential to be good....true
It has a greater potential to be totally shit

here's using this logic in another way.

why not inject your child with an anti-religion serum?

No religion...sounds good to me. shit yeah!!! religion kills more people than ciggarettes and alcohol combined.

Down with pope, up with dope

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio
Re: a plan to vaccinate your children against drugs [Re: kaiowas]
    #6759130 - 04/07/07 08:46 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Nowhere in the article does it say it works by blocking seretonin receptors. And I'll restate, if it can help prevent addiction but not completely render drugs ineffective without altering brain chemistry, which is what I'm lead to believe by what I've read, then I could see this being useful. More so if it was given to willing adults not toddlers who can't make rational decisions. Hell, if there was a working way to eliminate addiction, don't you think that would help the case for the legalization of drugs?

So I stand by what I say, this could have the potential to be useful. I didn't say it will be, just if it's done correctly it would be. I don't really see what kind of point you were trying to get across with the whole religion thing either, by the way.

--------------------
!

Offlinej3ckyl
☣☤Penteract☤☣
Male

Loc: Earth
Re: a plan to vaccinate your children against drugs [Re: jewunit]
    #6760428 - 04/08/07 08:08 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I posted about this before when it appeared in the news service section a couple of months back. This will not go through under any costs, for the following reasons:

The vaccines are effective by building anti-bodies to destroy the particular molecules or chemicals as they enter the body, your own immune system would fight these drugs like a virus. Meaning that children who are vaccinated against drugs like cocaine and heroin will be unable to reap the benefits of anaesthetics of the 'caine variety (ie, novocaine, benzocaine) or opiate based painkillers (ie, morphine). In theory this may also cause your body to reject similar naturally occuring chemicals in your own body, rendering them ineffective. If given to addicted adults it may lead to them consuming larger and larger amounts to achieve the desired effect.

Now think again, I am all for anti-addiction treatments but that is not what this is. Would you want to vaccinate your children against pain-free surgery and medical treatment? Hopefully not. On the other side of things this holds masses of moral implications, would you want to be vaccinated against this?

for further reading: Child drug vaccines: the worst idea ever

--------------------

"There are only two states of being: Too much and not enough"

Isnt the war on drugs supposed to reduce harm? So far all i see are casualties.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: a plan to vaccinate your children against drugs [Re: j3ckyl]
    #6760455 - 04/08/07 08:26 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

There's a reason that was on the Entertainment Page. Now, where's that picture of the baby with three arms?
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #6760465 - 04/08/07 08:29 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Humans have been using drugs for millenia, yet it only seems to have become a 'problem' within the last century or so. This sounds like a true research chemical if I've ever heard of one. And to be applying it to developing young minds makes it that much more fucked. I don't remember who made the comment a few pages back saying they trusted the government because they would never consider putting something dangerous on the market for the masses, but that's just terribly incorrect. A quick Google search would reveal a plethora of facts that state otherwise.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinetwiggedoubt
twigburst
Male User Gallery

#6760558 - 04/08/07 09:15 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

This shit is decades away from ever happening, if its even possible. Also, even if it does happen there will always be new drugs around. PiHKAL and TiHKAL don't even scratch the surface of all the potential chemicals out there. People will always be getting high, until humans cease to exist.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: a plan to vaccinate your children against drugs [Re: twiggedoubt]
    #6760583 - 04/08/07 09:25 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

twiggedoubt said:
This shit is decades away from ever happening, if its even possible. Also, even if it does happen there will always be new drugs around. PiHKAL and TiHKAL don't even scratch the surface of all the potential chemicals out there. People will always be getting high, until humans cease to exist.

True.
There will always be new drugs.
BUT
There will always be new means of control.
So what do we do then? This is not supposed to happen.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: a plan to vaccinate your children against drugs [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6762203 - 04/08/07 05:54 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Speak your mind, seek the truth, stay aware, raise your consciousness, do something to benefit the earth. Learn skills, be inquisitive, grow in every way possible.

Life is survival, making art,and growing.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies