Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

summer plans
    #6758196 - 04/07/07 05:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Things here are exciting.

I hope to run a 3 season grow room producing primarily lions mane as soon as they can be fruited outside, Im thinking mid-May or June.

Id like to build a pasteurizer mostly out of cedar. I am visualizing a structure 1.3meters wide, maybe .5m deep, and about 2m tall. A small pasteurizing shed. I am thinking of heating this with steam generated by a 55gal drum on a propane burner. This drum would have a pipe coming out the top and piping into the shed. Maybe getting a self on wheels and building a shed around that. I want to do lions mane blocks in this.

What do you all think of this idea? I was thinking of building a large glove box outside to do inoculations. Maybe 2m wide with two sets of gloves. opinions?

For fruiting I have a few options.

Either building a square frame, using bent PVC pipe for the roof. Covering this with plastic + shade cloth and using misters for humidity. I want to leave the front and back panel either open or screen, to allow proper airflow. I am thinking a structure 5-15m long and 2.5-4m wide.

Alternatively I can buy a prebuilt greenhouse frame and do similar.

I also want to do large beds of stropharia and almond portabellos.

I think if I can put the stropharias somewhere already shady they will fruit fine, in large beds hopefully.

For the almond portabellos, because they are a tropical mushroom and want lots of warmth, and I am so far north, I am thinking of growing these in the field under direct or indirect sunlight.

Because of extreme sun Ill need to use shade tunnels, with misters.

Maybe 1m wide x 10m long beds w/ shade cloth and plastic.
I wonder ow long i can make these beds?
Will air circulation become an issue?
maybe staying smaller only 2m long will be better.
These may heat-up too much. Any ideas? Id like to find a fabric that retained moisture, allowed a little airflow, and let only some light in.

Maybe 3 beds 1m wide w/ .5m in-between with only shade cloth tunnels. Then a larger plastic barrier over all 3 beds. This way you could have 10m long beds, and perhaps only need one misting system.

Thoughts for now, suggestions?

--------------------
"listening for the secret.. searching for the sound.."

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Portable Greenhouse

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms