Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAmericaOnLSD
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: 3.5 grams of shrooms and i got no visuals? Am i broken? [Re: cpw1971]
    #6760723 - 04/08/07 10:24 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The most I have taken is 3 grams, but I only got minimal visuals from that. If I closed my eyes I could see a pattern that looked sort of like the shapes a sheet of ice makes when it breaks into pieces, outlined in a sort of orange color. It was not very bright at all. I could see little spots of light, but I've actually seen more visuals than this before just from staying up all night. With eyes open I saw things get kind of wavy but that was pretty much all. Of course my sense of depth and distance was way distorted but I don't really consider that a "visual". The thought trip was pretty intense though, and I doubt I would want to go much higher in dose. So I assume I'll never see much in the way of visuals from mushrooms.

I've never had LSD but I'm guessing it is far more visual based on what I've heard. I have had LSA (morning glories) and they have even less as far as visuals.

AOLSD

--------------------
See AmericaOnLSD!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: 3.5 grams of shrooms and i got no visuals? Am i broken? [Re: AmericaOnLSD]
    #6760763 - 04/08/07 10:33 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

not broken
when your mind stuff firms up to be noticed is not related to the petty schemes of your momentary ego.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineMustNotBe
HPPDer
Male User Gallery

Re: 3.5 grams of shrooms and i got no visuals? Am i broken? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6760882 - 04/08/07 11:22 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

3.2+ grams of cub's will give me intense 2d visuals.

My wife gets extremely intense 3d visuals off 80mg of mdma. Reliving her life, living other peoples lives, not able to tell which world is real (often thinking her closed eye world is the real one and I'm just a voice in her head that is omniscient) Helps me learn alot about her.

--------------------
Junkies United we stand , Devided we're sick as fuck.
-                  -                -
"Hallucinations are something heroin users are not at all accustomed to," said Const. Conor King, Victoria police drug expert. "They react like you or I would react if we took Aspirin and all of a sudden the TV got up and started walking across the room."
-                  -                -
Make drugs legal, or alcohol and tobacco illegal. Either way it's more fair.

OfflineHippie Chemist
Freeing Minds

Loc: Far Out There
Re: 3.5 grams of shrooms and i got no visuals? Am i broken? [Re: MustNotBe]
    #6761065 - 04/08/07 12:19 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, here's my honest opinion. Unless the mushrooms were well-cared for, they probably lost strength. Keeping dried shrooms in a retarded place like a warm car for long periods of time can will them less powerful. Also, what kinds were they? I'm assuming they were the common P. cubensis. If they were, I'm not surprised that you didn't get visuals. I consider a normal dose of average cubensis mushrooms to be no less than about six dried grams, or about fifty-five wet grams. If they were something special, like Copelandia cyanescens, 3.5 grams should be just right for a good trip. Some people consider one gram of C. cyanescens to be a heavy dose, but I've learned that not many people know the difference between merely hallucinating and having a full on psychedelic experience. If you want to have visual and mental hallucinations, put about 7 dried grams of P. cubensis in a blender with limeade or lemonade to cover the shrooms and blend until it turns thick and purple-black. Drink the slop, and a little more juice to the blender to rinse out the chunks, and drink that too. Leave no chunks in the blender. The best way to get past the rather fast and hard come up is by laying down in a dark, comfortable room with your eyes closed and let some relaxing music play. I find that psy-trance works best for abstract CEVs. When all else fails, smoke as much DMT as you can before you forget who and what you are. At that point, let your sitter take the pipe from you. Happy tripping!

--------------------
Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be.
-Pink Floyd-

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: 3.5 grams of shrooms and i got no visuals? Am i broken? [Re: Hippie Chemist]
    #6761110 - 04/08/07 12:36 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I have done a bit over 5 grams with next to no visuals.
Very strong high however.
Different people have different effects!

Trying some azures soon, maybe they will be more visual.

(to chemist:) or you can just eat the mushrooms!
7 grams is a really strong trip, he may be interested in higher visual intensity without that kind of mental intensity. Many people have highly visual experiences at small doses without rediculously heavy mental activity.

(to poster:) have you tried acid?

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Offlinedcstar500
Just starting onthe path...
Male

Loc: USA
Re: 3.5 grams of shrooms and i got no visuals? Am i broken? [Re: poke smot!]
    #6761124 - 04/08/07 12:40 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

poke smot! said:
If not, then I guess you'll have to stare at that yellow-blue-circles-that-morph-when-looked-at picture (someone?)

Hehe it's the mind warp poster. Sweet poster! :thumbup:

--------------------
"And the alien anthropologists, after exhausting all possible explanations for the demise of the human race, were forced to settle on the only reason left: This species has amused itself to death."
-Roger Waters

OfflineDaqq
Magnetic Field
Male

Loc: Sea of fire
Re: 3.5 grams of shrooms and i got no visuals? Am i broken? [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6761138 - 04/08/07 12:45 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

the first time I did shrooms I had no visuals. Nor the third, the fourth the fifth the sixth. Every experience was rewarding, and I never expected visuals. The visuals, when they did come, were just my imagination anyway. i thought I had had visuals on 4+ grams, but when I finally started trying high doses of LSD I realized I hadn't been having true visuals. It was disappointing because people always described things to me like seeing trees turn into creatures and stuff, or stop signs twisting around. Yeah, I think this could happen with a hefty dose but probably won't happen around 3 to 4 grams. As another poster said, a serious cubensis trip should be 8 grams. If you don't get visuals at that dose, you definitely won't care. If you are seriously interested only in altering your visual reality, get DMT or or LSD.

OfflineHippie Chemist
Freeing Minds

Re: 3.5 grams of shrooms and i got no visuals? Am i broken? [Re: dcstar500]
    #6761164 - 04/08/07 12:51 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

As a matter of fact, I just tripped on some pretty good LSD Friday night. I took 4 hits of white-on-white unperf. blotter.

--------------------
-Pink Floyd-

OfflineNo_Life_G33k
Now with 10%less noobness
 User Gallery

Re: 3.5 grams of shrooms and i got no visuals? Am i broken? [Re: Hippie Chemist]
    #6761311 - 04/08/07 01:46 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Owsley said that visuals were basically 'static' in your mind, and that the visual effects(of LSD) decreased over time and with usage. He said you could get the visuals back by dropping liquid LSD directly into your eye. :eek:

--------------------
Hot Water Pasteuriztion - A How To Pictorial
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4527808/an/0/page/0

Make your own shroom chocolates
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4500682/an/0/page/5

guide with pix.

Make Your Own Magnetic Stirrer! How-To Tek w/ pix
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5865949/an/0/page/3

OfflineF1234K
Wizard Of Tryptamines
Male

Re: 3.5 grams of shrooms and i got no visuals? Am i broken? [Re: No_Life_G33k]
    #6761522 - 04/08/07 02:51 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I know a few who rarely get visuals. It could be the strain cos once i ate 5 grams of mush and saw nothing but got a body high.

--------------------
Im Not Living, Im Just Killing Time

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: 3.5 grams of shrooms and i got no visuals? Am i broken? [Re: F1234K]
    #6761765 - 04/08/07 03:49 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

syrian rue smoked after peak = awesome visuals
better than lsd

OfflineHippie Chemist
Freeing Minds

#6762517 - 04/08/07 07:32 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Something I'm planning on trying this summer is either extracting harmaline or merely grinding Syrian rue seeds to swallow about a half hour before the shroom blend. Blending about a quarter ounce of Copelandia cyanescens will make you start to visually hallucinate within 15-20 minutes. I'm not even kidding. If you know yourself well enough, and you can handle total ego death, try it sometime. I took about 8-9 dry grams at once, and that trip ranks either second or third on my mental trophy shelf of "Deepest Trips". In SW Florida, real C. cyanescens are so tough to find that I'm planning on taking the MAOIs with shrooms every time I trip during the summer. I'll let you know if there's a significant change in the quality or frequency of visuals.

--------------------
-Pink Floyd-

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6762593 - 04/08/07 07:52 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

SOmething is definately abnormal about you.

I wont go into it much because Its an issue that has been discussed many times before at the shroomery.

Most people who claim such things are actually simple folk looking for pink elephants.

In your case, I do think you are broke.

Nothing you cant fix though.

Mushrooms are not very nice to some people.
If you cant see your brain at work, then you cant see your nervous system at work.
If you cant see how this works in even the most simplistic way, then I honestly would advise you take more or find a new "dealer"....lol

Something is very off here.

You are not in any way immune.

This is mental, or it has to do with your mushrooms.

Mushrooms of the right kind cant be bunk.
I can feel .1-.2 grams(not 1-2 grams). Visual effects and all.

Something is off, and I dont know what else to say unless you are a vegetable or in a coma.

Take more? Know what you are ingesting?

No one in the world is immune.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Offlinestandardtoaster
Hippyism
Female

Loc: Teebs. Ontarioo
Re: 3.5 grams of shrooms and i got no visuals? Am i broken? [Re: yageman]
    #6810079 - 04/19/07 07:51 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

From what I've seen/heard some people just can't get visuals from mushrooms no matter how many they eat. I would advise upping the doseage and see what you get from it. :grin::mushroom2:

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #6813531 - 04/20/07 05:22 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hippie Chemist said:
Something I'm planning on trying this summer is either extracting harmaline or merely grinding Syrian rue seeds to swallow about a half hour before the shroom blend. Blending about a quarter ounce of Copelandia cyanescens will make you start to visually hallucinate within 15-20 minutes. I'm not even kidding. If you know yourself well enough, and you can handle total ego death, try it sometime. I took about 8-9 dry grams at once, and that trip ranks either second or third on my mental trophy shelf of "Deepest Trips". In SW Florida, real C. cyanescens are so tough to find that I'm planning on taking the MAOIs with shrooms every time I trip during the summer. I'll let you know if there's a significant change in the quality or frequency of visuals.

yeah yesterday I tried smoking some harmaline freebase at peak. yuck I almost puked hehe and no visuals however I only had 2 hits. sometime I will try swallowing some rue beforehand though.
but...
smoked Rue after your peak is supposed to give great visuals with no paranoia or anything. Terrence Mckenna referred to it as Vegetable TV.

Edited by cpw1971 (04/20/07 05:23 PM)

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6813741 - 04/20/07 06:40 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

No_Life_G33k said:
Owsley said that visuals were basically 'static' in your mind, and that the visual effects(of LSD) decreased over time and with usage. He said you could get the visuals back by dropping liquid LSD directly into your eye. :eek:

Wow, im suprized owsley said such things.  Especially the first part.

He calls visuals "static".  That suprizes me coming from such a guy.
  At the very least its an over simplification of the truth, as is claiming that visuals decrease over time.

In my case, well I know exactly what visuals are and I think they are a very importnt reflection of how your entire nervous system is working.
  Its a hell of a metaphore to truely soak in.

Also, in my case, visuals only became more intense over time, and the depth, complexity and meaning of my experiences became all the more mind blowing.
  Thats why I had to stop at some point, because my head would have exploded......lol.

As far as the dropping lsd in your eye part.  Well, I guess it could absorb a bit more quickly.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Invisiblev1ru5
Student
Loc: Finland
4 grams did it! [Re: yageman]
    #6821637 - 04/23/07 01:28 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Heh, i ate 4.0 grams on Saturday..

It did the trick. :wink: :laugh:

Thanks everyone for your replies! :smile:

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necropolis
    #6822692 - 04/23/07 10:54 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

cpw1971 said:
smoke a bowl of syrian rue on the comedown
terrence mckenna called this "vegetable tv"

any relation to Paul Mckenna?

*isn't syrian rue used as an maoi? so how would a bowl of passionflower whilst tripping compare? And isn't vitamin c supposed to intensify a shroom trip? and he had a alot from those juices.

Edited by AgingHippy (04/23/07 10:57 AM)

OfflineNo_Life_G33k
Now with 10%less noobness
 User Gallery

Re: 3.5 grams of shrooms and i got no visuals? Am i broken? [Re: yageman]
    #6903786 - 05/11/07 08:32 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
Quote:

No_Life_G33k said:

Wow, im suprized owsley said such things.  Especially the first part.

He calls visuals "static".  That suprizes me coming from such a guy.
  At the very least its an over simplification of the truth, as is claiming that visuals decrease over time.

In my case, well I know exactly what visuals are and I think they are a very importnt reflection of how your entire nervous system is working.
  Its a hell of a metaphore to truely soak in.

Also, in my case, visuals only became more intense over time, and the depth, complexity and meaning of my experiences became all the more mind blowing.
  Thats why I had to stop at some point, because my head would have exploded......lol.

As far as the dropping lsd in your eye part.  Well, I guess it could absorb a bit more quickly.

http://www.bruceeisner.com/writings/2004/08/interview_with__2.html

Nice article/ interview

he actually said "noise' and not 'static'.

here's the actual quote:
"O: I have no idea. The mind just does other things with it. Because the visual stuff that you see when you take LSD is actually noise. It’s stuff that’s there all the time that you ignore, that you’ve filtered out. It’s the background noise of the organization of your visual system, both in the eye and in the brain. When you take acid, it opens up all the portals and deactivates the filters. The first thing that happens is you’re overwhelmed by all the sensory stuff. We’re very visual animals, so the visual stuff is very impressive to us. But after you become experienced with it, your mind says, oh yeah well that’s pretty noise, but still it’s noise."

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6903897 - 05/11/07 08:52 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

When visual noise is that "pretty", I consider it to be music...lol

Structured and connected to every other part of the self.
Audio-visuals work the same way.

If someone said that to me in real life I would honestly just laugh.

In the case of owsley, im sure we would get into one hell of a conversation about it if he said something like that and I laughed at him without meaning to.

Visuals are much more complex and scientifically meaningful than what is found in that quote.

Its the same as the noise within cognition while tripping.
Just more stuff you can see and even use.
The architecture sure as hell isnt simple noise unless yo want to say that and inherently make it seem more simple than it is..

I dont know, thats just how I react to such statements.
WAY too simple for me.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds