Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
No perfection in a warriors life?
    #6751212 - 04/05/07 03:52 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

"To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way nobody is born an average person. We make ourselves into one or the other"

I don't believe there is a state where we can say, I'm done. I've won all the battles and overcome every obstacle for good. There is always room for growth. If one looks at growth as an endless chore, this might be depressing, like a kid who doesn't see the point of cleaning his room knowing it will just get messy again. There was definitely a time when I saw things this way. (honestly at low energy times I still do). When the energy is high I like the challenge. I can see why Don Juan stressed the warriors way. It's the thing that gets us through the low energy times and keeps us on our path.

"A warrior takes there lot, whatever it may be, and accepts it. He/she accepts what he/she is, not as grounds for regret but as a living challenge"

I have found that this made the most sense to me when I felt my back was against the wall and I saw that I would have to pull myself up by myself against all my self indulgence and laziness, or face painful consequences.

Warriors do not win victories by beating their heads against walls, but by overtaking the wall. Warriors jump over walls; they don't demolish them.

This for me is tied into unconditional self acceptance and self love. There is (in my case at least) a lot of struggle. I didn't have very healthy programming in my childhood to say the least. It's easy to blame myself for all of this. I did it for many years and still do at times. When I take the time to accept myself as I am I find that I can be gentle about the changes I feel I need to make in myself. Then, often, it becomes easier.

"A warrior must cultivate the feeling that he/she has everything needed for the extravagant journey that is his/her life. What counts for a warrior is being alive. Life in itself is sufficient, self-explanatory and complete."

I find that I need energy to feel this way. Finding ways to plug my energy leaks is more important than finding ways to build my energy. I tend to lose most of it to self-indulgence and fear.

" The course of a warriors destiny is unalterable. The challenge is how far he/she can go and how impeccable he/she can be within those rigid bounds."

This final one is interesting for me. I have discussed this back and fourth with my friends. I think I know what he means but my friends disagree with me. They don't believe in destiny or that it's unalterable. Everything we think we believe, or that we believe about what others have said are tales. They are tales unless we find a way to have some personal experience around these things. That's why I often use (IMO). It reminds me that I might be guessing or that it may only work that way for me.

I love debate here. I like to present my ideas and push some buttons and get mine pushed and have vigorous debate. Most of the time I'm just guessing about things or trying to work it out for myself, but I haven't really grokked it yet. Not in fullness. :heart::mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: No perfection in a warriors life? [Re: Icelander]
    #6751218 - 04/05/07 03:53 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

A warrior's life is perfection.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: No perfection in a warriors life? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6751232 - 04/05/07 03:58 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Oh sorry, Please disregard my post.:blush:

Or Veritas said. Prefection is possible if your standards are low enough.:grin:

--------------------

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: No perfection in a warriors life? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6751238 - 04/05/07 03:59 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

"I am nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore i am perfect" - Warrior Han San Gu Jo Ni Mung Pi La Ja Ja Bliss :japsmile:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: No perfection in a warriors life? [Re: Sinbad]
    #6751249 - 04/05/07 04:02 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Please pass that bong.:thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #6751280 - 04/05/07 04:08 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I liked a scene in Jimmy Cagney's last made-for-TV movie (though I do NOT recommend the movie). It was filmed mere months before his death and he was confined to a wheelchair. Jimmy is on the rooftop of some city tenement building with his TV granddaughter and he is pumping some barbells.

"Grandpa, why are you doing that? What is the point at your age?"

With a hint of that old fire in his eyes and a crooked smile he replies, "Once an athlete; always an athlete."

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #6751287 - 04/05/07 04:09 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Must be salvia, cuz you don't 'do' cannabis any more.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #6751298 - 04/05/07 04:12 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The universe is perfection and we are part of that universe.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #6751327 - 04/05/07 04:19 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

"To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way nobody is born an average person. We make ourselves into one or the other"

I don't believe there is a state where we can say, I'm done. I've won all the battles and overcome every obstacle for good. There is always room for growth. If one looks at growth as an endless chore, this might be depressing, like a kid who doesn't see the point of cleaning his room knowing it will just get messy again. There was definitely a time when I saw things this way. (honestly at low energy times I still do). When the energy is high I like the challenge. I can see why Don Juan stressed the warriors way. It's the thing that gets us through the low energy times and keeps us on our path.

The way I see it is this path is perfection itself.
If the warrior follows it he's following perfection and (
Quote:

Warriors do not win victories by beating their heads against walls, but by overtaking the wall. Warriors jump over walls; they don't demolish them.

)... therefore, even if there's always something to work on that's the human condition... and I think it's what determines one to chose as don Juan said the path which has a heart, it's also what makes him always be "en guard".
If the warrior would be aware of hid "perfection" he would automatically get inflated and fall from the state of perfection.

Quote:

" The course of a warriors destiny is unalterable. The challenge is how far he/she can go and how impeccable he/she can be within those rigid bounds."

This final one is interesting for me. I have discussed this back and fourth with my friends. I think I know what he means but my friends disagree with me. They don't believe in destiny or that it's unalterable. Everything we think we believe, or that we believe about what others have said are tales. They are tales unless we find a way to have some personal experience around these things. That's why I often use (IMO). It reminds me that I might be guessing or that it may only work that way for me.

There's always free will. And the warrior could manifest it. But I think that this path in particular has a will of its own.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
    #6751341 - 04/05/07 04:23 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I’ve only recently come to realize the same thing. For a while I too thought I would soon reach a state when the majority of my struggles would be done with and I could retreat into a normal, sedentary life. Well, guess not. As the path deepens and new avenues of awareness open, so do new difficulties arise never thought of before. The struggle is eternal. But is ceases to be a struggle when we accept it.

"A warrior must cultivate the feeling that he/she has everything needed for the extravagant journey that is his/her life. What counts for a warrior is being alive. Life in itself is sufficient, self-explanatory and complete."

I feel this truth to resonate with something in me deeply. Life in itself is sufficient and magnificent. What else do we really need?

I’ve never encountered this Don Juan quote before, but I would presume he meant that although the warrior can and should do all that is in his power, the ultimate decision on the final outcome does not lie with him – but with the Spirit, The Great Mystery out there.

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

Offlinemichael_lifshitz
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: here
Re: No perfection in a warriors life? [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #6754229 - 04/06/07 01:21 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

All of these ideas are delusions.

You are already there, there's no where to go. The warrior's path seems to me to be one of remembering that.

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Re: No perfection in a warriors life? [Re: michael_lifshitz]
    #6754538 - 04/06/07 02:38 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The ever unfolding/evolving process of personal growth is perfection. The Game evolves and so must the players. "To not move is to die."

I too have difficulty releasing fear. The few times in my life that I was actually able to transcend all doubt and fear that I had were so fulfilling that I didn't care what happened to me. Nothing could have taken my joy away...except fear. It's funny like that. It's not really a place you can get but only a place where one can be. Inevitably in this world, being fearless and inclined towards psychedelic drugs will land you in trouble and that's where it got me. But Goddamn, what a fuckin rush. Utter craziness. I know the terminology is met with distaste, but I'll say it anyway.

The fearless will know God. It's a trip you'll never come down from.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Edited by cilosyb (04/06/07 02:40 PM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: No perfection in a warriors life? [Re: Grok]
    #6755727 - 04/06/07 09:28 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

perfection?
pshaw!
we say the same twisted bits of truth differently and long to grasp our own meaning at least a few more times before we return to wherever it is that we came from.
it aint perfect but it's excellent!
keep on reeling them in.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags